Red Dead Redemption 2

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Me too brother. Stay strong knowing it'll be a better game

I'm getting lots of salt for it, but the way I look at is that it's going to be a good enough game to want to experience it in the best way possible, even if that means waiting a year or more. I'm sure it will be good enough to slog through 30fps and shitty controls, but I'd rather just wait and have it at 60+ fps with a m/kb. You can only experience a game for the first time once. It's never as good the second time around.

People these days get too caught up on needing to experience games the moment they come out, instead of having some patience and getting in on it after patches & dlc have been released, on top of potential sales.

I waited on Witcher 3 and got to do a full playthrough including DLC at 4k 60 fps, and that simply wouldn't have been possible at release.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I can never really enjoy the game if im at the computer. Ide rather plop down on the couch in a pitch black room and get into it. Discord, emails, background music on top of game sounds/music, shit post saturday, it just always feels like work more than enjoying something.

Prolly goes back to hanging with your buddies playing games when youre younger, it just feels better.

• 4Like
  • 2Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
eh ... I don't understand waiting 2+ years for it since my thought is this will be the game of the decade but whatev floats your boat

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Probably pick up the Pro come home swap the two PS4s, launch up RDR2 and forget to even transfer data.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I can never really enjoy the game if im at the computer. Ide rather plop down on the couch in a pitch black room and get into it. Discord, emails, background music on top of game sounds/music, shit post saturday, it just always feels like work more than enjoying something.

Prolly goes back to hanging with your buddies playing games when youre younger, it just feels better.

My PC pretty much acts like a console these days. I'm sitting in a recliner with a wireless KB in my lap while I type this out on a 50" TV that's connected to my PC. I can whip out a controller when needed, or a folding table for kb/m & joysticks etc... and it just takes a few presses of the remote to switch over to my PS4

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Honestly.for me I have an insane backlog and it'd be a waste of money to buy and let it sit

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I just put this together to get in the right mindset. I'm starting on the brothel tomorrow.

20181020_115711.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I'll probably buy both. get the ps4 (nonpro pleb) version to enjoy the story with etc. burn out on it. once PC remaster releases with first person or whatever gimmick, rebuy and reenjoy fully, just like I did with GTA5.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Im buying a PS4 for this. Well, and TLoU2 and GOW4. I just have a 1080p tv and dont plan on ever buying a 4k for many years. Do I really NEED a PS4 Pro for this? Any better graphics?

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
you don't NEED a ps4 pro, it'll run just fine on a regular ps4, but the differential is fairly small $$ wise if you are jumping into a PS4 system now so it makes sense to do it for the 20-30% performance/visual improvement you'll see on most games. Its fairly minor but those games you listed plus Spiderman, Bloodborne, etc will add up to easy 200 hours of gameplay so why not get that extra 20% for another $100?

Plus the PS4 Pro RDR2 bundle is available the same day RDR 2 launches, so you'd be saving $60 on a PS4 Pro basically. Unless someone is giving you a ps4 for free, you'd only be spending $50-100 more for a pro

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had my Pro hooked up to a 1080p monitor or TV for about a year before I upgraded to 4K. It was absolutely worth it for supersampling in games intended to run at 2160p30 (or something close to that via checkerboard) on the Pro, running certain games like Nioh and MHW in 1080p60 that the non-Pro can't do, and for boost mode in games like Bloodborne that never got a Pro patch.

Crone

spronk spronk do we expect any trade in deals towards ps4 pro for the holidays? Have a newer ps4 "slim", and think it'd be a great time to trade it in.

spronk

FPS noob
No trade in deals on at the moment for a PS4 Pro, I dunno if Sony needs to push a deal through. Starting next week though if you buy RDR 2 you get $100 off an xbox one X haha

Crone

No trade in deals on at the moment for a PS4 Pro, I dunno if Sony needs to push a deal through. Starting next week though if you buy RDR 2 you get $100 off an xbox one X haha
Bummer! Still have too many ps4 exclusives to play to make the switch.

I did see they are giving $175 trade in credit at Gamestop for my regular ps4. Wishful thinking that it lasts through black Friday when the Pro probably gets discounted to $275.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I was looking to wait until Black Friday to pick up a PS4 at a super discounted rate. Im guessing the PS4 Pro wont go on as deep of sales. Hence why I was just gonna try to pick up a cheap PS4 regular. Last year Kohls had one for like $200 + free $60 Kohls credit. So Im thinking we may see deals around $150 for the regular one this Black Friday.

Crone

I was looking to wait until Black Friday to pick up a PS4 at a super discounted rate. Im guessing the PS4 Pro wont go on as deep of sales. Hence why I was just gonna try to pick up a cheap PS4 regular. Last year Kohls had one for like $200 + free $60 Kohls credit. So Im thinking we may see deals around $150 for the regular one this Black Friday.
Last year the Ps4 Pro got discounted to $275, with similar Gift Cards like you mentioned from Kohls.

I'm hoping it gets discounted to $275, and I can also trade in my regular Ps4 for $175. $100 + gift cards for a Ps4 Pro is a no brainer... let's hope...

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So if you are purchasing this from Best Buy (I used gamers club for the special edition) and choose store pick up, you are able to pick it up Thursday when they close at 9pm :)

This also goes for Target.

• 1Like