Red Dead Redemption 2

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Are there random named/legendary humans walking around with teh phat lewtz, too? I mean, can I just go in and wipe out a whole town with a chance of getting some legendary equipment?

I haven't seen shit for loot so far, and all of the gear upgrades have come from crafting or buying

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Not that I know of. The unique guns I've gotten were from the gunslingers side quest where you go interview them and take their photo.

edit:

The ones you kill drop their guns and you can pick them up

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What does "some looting opportunities" mean, or does that have spoilers?
As an example, the semi-auto shotgun doesn't unlock until after you do a certain mission in Chapter 4. However, at the very beginning of Chapter 2 you can just go out and loot it from a cabin without firing a shot.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Thanks guys.

I'm not too sure what the rockstar social club "crews" are actually for, but I made one to get ready for online launching. Foh was already taken, so I named it "Lost our Lenny".

I think I set it up so anyone can join, but let me know if that doesn't work?
https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/lost_our_lenny/wall

20181101_123649.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Omg that Legend of the East satchel seems to increase all capacity to 99 (except weapon type items like throwing knives).

FCBC7516-61B3-4AD2-9F6D-E0382E45C935.jpeg

spronk

FPS noob
crews are gonna be for RDR Online, GTA 5 had something similar you basically can invite people in your crew online to heists, missions, etc. that was about the extent of crews. You don't need to be part of a crew to do online stuff but sometimes you may get a slightly bigger bonus if everyone is part of a crew. And there are crew leaderboards, etc. You can be in 3-4 crews at once but only one is "Active" at a time.

afaik there is nothing you can "miss" in the game, any quest NPCs etc you skip over you can return (or they will respawn) and stuff later. Any items tied to specific missions (cards etc) you can replay the mission to get. The only thing is some missions are tied to specific chapters, so once you progress to a new chapter go to Progress / Story and make sure no missions are marked as unplayed. Every 1-2 hours I save in a new slot and just rotate downwards so I can go back 8-10 hours if I have to for any reason. There is only one auto save slot so saving often in different slots is useful.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
crews are gonna be for RDR Online, GTA 5 had something similar you basically can invite people in your crew online to heists, missions, etc. that was about the extent of crews. You don't need to be part of a crew to do online stuff but sometimes you may get a slightly bigger bonus if everyone is part of a crew. And there are crew leaderboards, etc. You can be in 3-4 crews at once but only one is "Active" at a time.

afaik there is nothing you can "miss" in the game, any quest NPCs etc you skip over you can return (or they will respawn) and stuff later. Any items tied to specific missions (cards etc) you can replay the mission to get. The only thing is some missions are tied to specific chapters, so once you progress to a new chapter go to Progress / Story and make sure no missions are marked as unplayed. Every 1-2 hours I save in a new slot and just rotate downwards so I can go back 8-10 hours if I have to for any reason. There is only one auto save slot so saving often in different slots is useful.
[says there’s nothing missable; writes a whole paragraph on how to avoid missing missables]

:emoji_hearts:

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
My weapon expert challenge is kill four people with a single stick of dynamite. Whereabouts are these klansmen?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My weapon expert challenge is kill four people with a single stick of dynamite. Whereabouts are these klansmen?

They were in a copse of trees somewhere inbetween the Rhodes area and camp. It was at night and it was presented in a way that it might be specific to nighttime.

Edit: Also, there's apprently 3 different possible encounters with them

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Didn't know it was a video. I just encountered it myself and instinctively wanted to blow them up.
One of the first days it was out I had a twitch stream going while I was working and saw him come up on them, apparently deciding to just toss a stick of dynamite into the middle is fairly universal, cuz I would've done the same thing. Manages to wipe the entire group out. Curious what happens if you actually interact with them.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Sadly, two lived from the dynamite and I had to kill them with more conventional means. I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to interact with them (Didn't even come to mind until afterwards.) The letter one of them had on them was pretty amusing, trying to explain to his parents or something why he left that was based on the truth behind eugenics.

This all happened 20 minutes after I walked into a random home to find a son & father arguing about how the father was gambling all their money away.
I murdered the father and then was surprised when the son screamed and ran into his bedroom and was hiding under the bed, weeping for his father and begging to be spared. Got an achievement for shooting him while he hid under the bed. Then I found a note from the mother explaining to the son why she left due to the father and that the son could come live with her. I actually felt a bit nauseous afterwards. It was very graphic and not at all what I intended to happen. This wasn't even a sidequest, just some filler content that could be easily missed.

The game does personal moral choices very well (outside of the stupid bounty system)

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
That level of interaction, depth, connective nature between characters... That's shit we haven't seen since 90's rpgs with subtle crossover encounters. This game just took that to the nth level. Even the developers commented on how they were interested in how it would play out, given the potential randomness of things.

Still waiting to be able to sit down and put more hours into it. Still in chapter 2, but spent a lot of time just fucking around. Standing near folks to eavesdrop, sitting at tables and having folks sit down and start a random conversation, talking with random citizens on the road, in the city... This game is made for and isn't for folks like me who like to peak into every crevice of an rpg cave for all the little shit. In the first RDR, I didn't feel held back by these things. All the side quests and interactions felt useless, and the main story was so strong and riveting I couldn't help but punch through it to the end.

Instead I've found myself just riding down roads to find random encounters. Not big on the trailing and hunting animals, though this game does reward accordingly if you do it properly. But all the other subtle shit is so deeply immersive it is simply mind blowing. If they put half this amount of effort into GTA6, got dang.

Now if only they had a UI and controller guy come in to match the environment, graphics, immersion, interaction, questing, missions, voice control, realism....

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
todays mission: get the white arabian horse cuz it looks pretty badass

try #1: accidently shoot it instead. oops.
try #2: as i'm calming it down, a big ass moose charges at me, knocks me down, which startles the horse and the moose and the horse run me over and kill me
30 minutes later, great success! After I level 1 bond and move my saddle to it (and save) I lasso my starting horse, set a checkpoint for the valentine stables, and turn on cinematic camera. It takes a full 8 minutes of riding AFK but it makes it all the way from A to B while having a second horse in tow. Pretty goddamn amazing.

Cowboy Skyrim is a pretty apt 2 word description of the game.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I just found the photo studio who has a French photographer that has the same last name as me which I thought was funny. ;)

F15375DB-8296-4FB7-A519-2D9542C1F562.jpeg

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
todays mission: get the white arabian horse cuz it looks pretty badass

try #1: accidently shoot it instead. oops.

30 minutes later, great success! After I level 1 bond and move my saddle to it (and save) I lasso my starting horse, set a checkpoint for the valentine stables, and turn on cinematic camera. It takes a full 8 minutes of riding AFK but it makes it all the way from A to B while having a second horse in tow. Pretty goddamn amazing.

Did the same damn thing on try 1, lol. I just left my horse out there and it reappeared at the stable, will have to remember the lasso trick tho.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Finally found a blackjack table and have spent the last thirty mimutes trying to get 5 wins from double downs. I got fucking blackjack twice and consistently 17+. Never thought I’d be upset about my good luck.

• 1Like