Red Dead Redemption 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just look at what it says when you're about to "sell" something to camp. The button prompt will say whether it's going to be used for cash, provisions, or crafting.

The only things I gave to Pearson were exactly the amount of stuff he needed to craft all my satchels and camp upgrades, and I drop off all the meat I don't use for myself (there's little/no reason to bother cooking anything but big game meat with thyme/mint/oregano). Everything else goes to the trapper, or stays in my inventory for crafting. I suggest you keep all flight/owl/hawk/eagle feathers, scent glands, animal fat, and gritty fish meat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just for some context.

He went to St Denis, found the women's right to vote lady, hogtied her, beat her to death, and fed her to the pigs.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vorph

Just for some context.

He went to St Denis, found the women's right to vote lady, hogtied her, beat her to death, and fed her to the pigs.
And? You can do that to just about any character in the game besides children, indians, and your fellow gang members. It's not exactly easy to get her out of St. Denis either, as anyone who has so much as bumped into an NPC with their horse or dared to trespass on someone's lawn can attest.

There's also a random encounter most people will run into very early in the game in Valentine in which a woman, presumably a hooker, killed a dude who she says got rough with her and she asks you to feed him to the pigs so she doesn't have to explain what happened to the law. Do you think posting a walkthrough of that would get anyone banned on YT?

You can run across her again and she's done the same thing, but this time it seems very likely that she's the predator and is conning Arthur into helping dispose of some of her murder victims. You gain honor for helping the first time but lose it if you go along with her the second time.

Also, there's a mission where Arthur is protecting suffragettes from being attacked while spreading their message. But none of the leftist assholes who wrote hand-wringing articles about this guys videos, brought them to the attention of the YT gestapo, and attacked R* themselves for making it possible to harm the one in St. Denis bothered to mention that.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
There's also the bounty where a women (a gold digger) marries and kills her husbands. You capture her and can beat her into silence back to the jail.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This issue is the exact reason I give when people ask, "So why did you vote for...". Because there is a sad prevailing theme of "just get rid of it/censor it" if we deem it inappropriate. Dangerous road to go down.

• 1Like

Terial

Trakanon Raider
not my screenshot, but found one to ask....
In camp, these red icons are never described anywhere, what do they represent?

1541623639162.png

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Medical, Ammo, and food supplies in camp. Not sure what the actual effects are on the camp as I've always kept them at least on white

Terial

Trakanon Raider
so i need to help supply this to the camp i assume... by what means? I have them a damn deer and all the meat from my inventory and it's still red. No clue how to do medical and ammo donations. I guess that's at the donations box as well.... i swear one of these days i'll understand this game. Need a day off from work to just play all day and immerse myself in it so i can figure all this shit out.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
so i need to help supply this to the camp i assume... by what means? I have them a damn deer and all the meat from my inventory and it's still red. No clue how to do medical and ammo donations. I guess that's at the donations box as well.... i swear one of these days i'll understand this game. Need a day off from work to just play all day and immerse myself in it so i can figure all this shit out.
If you haven't done it yet, completing the first mission for Straus in Chapter 2 opens up the ledger, which you can use to upgrade the camp. You use those upgrades to improve those 'camp stats'.

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider

What Randin said, once you have the ledger there is an option at the bottom of those three categories that allows you to restock the supplies for each, this will typically bring any of them back up to white (middle). Once you upgrade each category three times the color will change to yellow when full. I don't know why but it goes Red(low) -> White (okay) -> Yellow(good). The food one can be refilled by donating provisions OR restocking the food wagon at the ledger. But you are correct, none of the above is explain anywhere, and even after typing all of this out, I am unsure if there is any practical effect in game if you do not stock these things, as I naturally kept them stocked. By donating you gain positive karma, so maybe if you leave them empty, you will eventually get negative karma? Uncertain.

• 1Like

Vorph

It affects camp morale which doesn't do much except make the lazy fuckers contribute a little more than normal. Eventually (once all upgrades are done and you are keeping all three icons yellow) you get to the point where restocking stuff for ammo and medical can be paid for with their contributions and you just have to drop off a big load of meat every once in a while.

spronk

FPS noob
da fuq 17 MILLION? Jesus thats insane

you guys weren't kidding about the gambling challenges, thats all I've been doing this week and the dominoes ones took forever. The rest weren't too bad, although the blackjack one where you have to win with 3+ hits took a lot of time and RNG. For dominos, I found emerald station dominos better than St. Denis, played both about 3 hours and the 5s game just feels like its too luck/RNG based compared to straight up playing 1v1 domino's at Emerald. and yeah the trick of quitting a game if you have 1 or 2 wins (for 3 in a row) works fine, just quit before the actual loss happens because it resets to 0 the second that happens. Just reload or ride away and back if you see more than 1 person. Poker ones were easy though.

Still pretty fun, I wish the challenges were designed a bit better, the last one should have been bust a full poker table out or something instead of win 3 hands in a row and they really should have ticked challenges off as you complete them in game instead of requiring sequential.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

you guys weren't kidding about the gambling challenges, thats all I've been doing this week and the dominoes ones took forever. The rest weren't too bad, although the blackjack one where you have to win with 3+ hits took a lot of time and RNG. For dominos, I found emerald station dominos better than St. Denis, played both about 3 hours and the 5s game just feels like its too luck/RNG based compared to straight up playing 1v1 domino's at Emerald. and yeah the trick of quitting a game if you have 1 or 2 wins (for 3 in a row) works fine, just quit before the actual loss happens because it resets to 0 the second that happens. Just reload or ride away and back if you see more than 1 person. Poker ones were easy though.

Still pretty fun, I wish the challenges were designed a bit better, the last one should have been bust a full poker table out or something instead of win 3 hands in a row and they really should have ticked challenges off as you complete them in game instead of requiring sequential.
The sequential shit really is the worst part of the challenges.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Recurrent consumer spending (virtual currency, add-on content and in-game purchases) grew 12% and accounted for 49% of total net revenue.

This shit is never gonna stop. I know i'm old and late to the party, but fuck ever paying $60 for a full, complete game. Ever again.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Apparently the correct way to handle the feral man is not to tie him up and cut him free before leaving the area :(

5C92BB79-9662-4DF8-ABCC-38B7250A723D.jpeg

• 1Worf

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

I got a PS4, this game was one of the reasons for it. At least one other poster has posted the same, and others considered it. Considering the number of people on the forum and our background, thats pretty decent.

4K TV price coming down along with the games reputation make it a really good offer.