Red Dead Redemption 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
See that's the thing on bounties. I've been watching my favorite streamer's let's play and he is legit serial killer, so he tends to have the entire US Marshalls called on him. Once the dust settles it's 300 bucks. It makes sense because he just murdered 30 policemen, but yeah shooting your way out of things can make bounties add up quick.
It's only $300 because it's capped based on what chapter you're in. It goes up to $500 when you finish chapter 2, and then $1500 towards the end of chapter 3. Maximum wanted level and response from the law is only possible once you break $1000 bounty too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I hate when a reload a save that it always starts me back way up on a cliff that i have to spend 5 minutes going the wrong direction to find a slope down just to get back to where i was when i saved. Hey assholes, i saved at that spot for a reason.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Was playing some more today, did a few missions, I really enjoy the missions and I think it's helping my enjoyment of the game.

As I was riding back to camp from one of the missions, I happened to notice some blood on the side of the trail and then followed it to it's end for a gruesome discovery. That was pretty cool.

I agree that the intentional pacing makes things like that possible.

Still think it would be cool to be able to smoke signal a wagon to haul bear carcasses and shit back to camp.

Vorph

I bring two horses with me everywhere I go now, outside of missions. It's far from being a perfect solution but at least I can get two of the super annoying skins that take up the whole horse's ass. Mostly it's cows, bulls, and oxen that annoy me. I only know of one respawning ox that can be killed without a honor hit, and so far I haven't found a single cow or bull to kill that doesn't cause the shit to hit the fan for both honor and bounty. Maybe a late night cowtipping run with bow+improved or poison arrows would let me get in and out with only the honor hit, I have to experiment more. It's just annoying as shit that you can't kill all the 3* ones in a pen but instead have to keep coming back over and over like a bovine serial killer to get them all if you want to craft those items.

New most hated thing about the controls: fishing. It takes so long to reel in the big legendary fish that It feels like I'm wearing a groove in my right stick and should go buy a new DS4 during black friday. (And I do know about pulling back on Lstick to haul them in faster... still takes ages.) I feel sorry for anyone doing it without a FPS Freeks tall stick on the right side to assist in rotation.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
For fishing after I land the fish I switch my hand to grab it w/ 2 fingers instead of my thumb

Vorph

Yeah, I turn it almost sideways/vertical. Not much to grab onto on a DS4 if you don't have FPS Freeks though.

spronk

FPS noob
dude does an input lag analysis of RDR2

TvknwBK.png

oof, not great and it shows. crazy how responsive Destiny is on the charts, Spider-Man also felt super crisp

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I never once crafted anything in the first RDR, and don't really plan to hunt shit in this one, given most of the items you can craft are equal to or lesser to items/weapons you're going to find, unless I'm mistaken, there's not much point to it other than achievements, and I give zero fucks about achievements. Give me the story and experience. Just like GTA, I spent zero time looking for stunt jumps or whatever the fuck else. For everything else, the money flows so heavily that I can buy what I'm missing. I'm sure I'll miss out on a percentage here and there, but would it really be worth my while when I can get through the game with a mildly improved version of a repeater and six shooter? Spend enough time building your base stats to maximize dead shot uptime and run with that. I'm not really interested in playing the most detailed Deer Hunter or Oregon Trail aspects of RDR. Unless it's a main objective story or a side quest I run into in the process, fuck it.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
dude does an input lag analysis of RDR2

TvknwBK.png

oof, not great and it shows. crazy how responsive Destiny is on the charts, Spider-Man also felt super crisp
Is this specific to PS4 only? I know things are slightly delayed at low stats. I'm curious what the response looks like at max base stats. Considering I've watched folks clear out entire towns, or dozens of incoming law with little issue. Comparing to Destiny or Spiderman is...weird. Both of those games are monumentally more fast paced. Like comparing Virtua Fighter to Street Fighter.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Drunk scene with Lenny possibly greatest scene in the history of gaming. I laughed out loud when I went to fight that dude in the bar then it instantly cuts to us all dancing In unison

• 13Like
Reactions: 12 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Drunk scene with Lenny possibly greatest scene in the history of gaming. I laughed out loud when I went to fight that dude in the bar then it instantly cuts to us all dancing In unison
Yes! I actually replayed it just to see everything for the gold medal. The sex scene was also funny. LENNY!
Please tell me there is more like that

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I'm only on Chapter 3 but I really enjoy the game. The controls, horse back riding and tasks that some complain about don't really bother me. The environments are fantastic. Growing up hunting/fishing im really enjoying that aspect of the game. It's amazing the amount of animals in this game.
I wonder how much time I've wasted listening to conversations in town and camp. I'm constantly talking to everyone trying to get new dialog. The conversations vary also. I remember being shocked by Lenny talking about his grandmother being raped and having to work the cotton fields. (There's more to it but don't want to spoil it) then there's drunk conversations about moving to Australia to become kangaroo farmers. The dialog brings so much life to the game.

• 1Like

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Most dialog i get from the game outside of the people in the camp is "Howdy partner" or "Oh you lookin to see how my gun works".
I was under the impression that every NPC in the game had dialog, but it does not seem that way. Only if you antagonize or point a gun at them will they start to be interesting, otherwise seems generic (outside of main chars)

Also, is defending yourself an issue for others in this game? If i'm in town and i stand too close to someone, eventually they will attack me or shoot at me... so i can either run and take bullets in the back or fight back, if i fight back then i'm the one in trouble... this makes no sense to me.

• 1Like

Vorph

Yeah, they made it so you can't provoke someone into a fight, intentionally or not, and avoid a bounty or honor loss that way. Just one more thing that makes 'in mission' and 'open world' feel like playing two entirely different games that have polar opposite design goals.

• 1Like

Terial

Trakanon Raider
inventory question... i have yet to find / get some leather working toolset for pearson (don't even know where to get it), so i am still on the default satchel.
what i don't get is why when i skin an animal i get a message that says "you don't have enough room to collect all the resources, open your satchel and remove some items"
however when i look in my satchel, i have a ton of empty slots, so wtf, why can't i collect animal parts?!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The leatherworking toolset is something you upgrade in the Ledger which unlocks after the first mission for Strauss.

The message about not having enough room isn't about the number of slots but the amount that can be stacked. Improving the satchel increase the amount that can be stacked.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
inventory question... i have yet to find / get some leather working toolset for pearson (don't even know where to get it), so i am still on the default satchel.
what i don't get is why when i skin an animal i get a message that says "you don't have enough room to collect all the resources, open your satchel and remove some items"
however when i look in my satchel, i have a ton of empty slots, so wtf, why can't i collect animal parts?!
You buy the tools in the ledger, after you do the mission for Strauss.

As for the looting message, it just means that you're already holding 5/5 venison, or whatever the item is.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
interesting so it's not slots that are empty / available, there is a venison "slot" and that slot can only hold 5 venison even if i have the rest of the satchel empty... understand, but that's just dumb lol.

• 1Like