Red Dead Redemption 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yes! I actually replayed it just to see everything for the gold medal. The sex scene was also funny. LENNY!
Please tell me there is more like that

There are a few more like that, yes. But the Lenny scene is the ultimate

Terial

Trakanon Raider
does anyone else get replays of the same actions? Meaning....
In Valentine i robbed the medicine shop back room, got outta there with only a $3.50 bounty.
I cleared my bounty, went back a few days later and there it is again, i can rob it again, it's locked and there are people in there.

Jive Turkey

Karen
dude does an input lag analysis of RDR2

TvknwBK.png

oof, not great and it shows. crazy how responsive Destiny is on the charts, Spider-Man also felt super crisp

This feel more like a style choice though. Slower time to ramp up player movement gives the sense of mass and realism. Killzone 2 also did that, but to the nth degree.
You might not like it as a choice, but I'm sure it was deliberate

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You'd have to be a mega videogame nerd to even assume people would take that position

You do realize we are all mega video game nerds right?

Also hit half way through chapter six. Story is getting very good.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Terial

Trakanon Raider
can you have a fist fight with someone and NOT kill them? Seems you should be able to knock them out. But ever fist fight i end up killing the person and then i get wanted for murder.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
can you have a fist fight with someone and NOT kill them? Seems you should be able to knock them out. But ever fist fight i end up killing the person and then i get wanted for murder.
They show up as an X on the minimap but I think they’re knocked out. When you get the option to “choke” them, don’t do that lol

Terial

Trakanon Raider
hahah sooo choking is baaaaad lol
guess that does not "knock them out" ooopsie ;)

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Heh. That was actually the one real controls mishap I've had in the game so far. Got into a fistfight, hit triangle to grab them, but I *held* triangle instead of just tapping it, and thus went straight into 'choke them the fuck out' mode before I'd realized what was happening. Oops.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You'll still be wanted for unarmed assault if you knock someone out in town, even if they swing first. Random encounters are an exception though, those you can KO without taking a bounty as long as they swing first as part of the encounter but some will still tag your honor for some unknown reason when you win (like the coonskin hat asshole in Valentine saloon). Assault isn't a serious crime though (unless you're in St. Denis where it seems even jaywalking probably calls for capital punishment) and as long as you don't stop to loot the body you should be able to run away without converting the wanted status over to an actual bounty.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I have knocked out multiple people in town without anything happening. Maybe it changes based on the city, but I've knocked out plenty of fools in Strawberry and Valentine. In the city proper so there were definitely people around.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
You'll still be wanted for unarmed assault if you knock someone out in town, even if they swing first. Random encounters are an exception though, those you can KO without taking a bounty as long as they swing first as part of the encounter but some will still tag your honor for some unknown reason when you win (like the coonskin hat asshole in Valentine saloon). Assault isn't a serious crime though (unless you're in St. Denis where it seems even jaywalking probably calls for capital punishment) and as long as you don't stop to loot the body you should be able to run away without converting the wanted status over to an actual bounty.

Can you pick them up and move them to a hidden location to loot or does that count as kidnapping

Also I'm never sure what to do about the random events where someone is in a cage on a coach and if I should just wave then on or break then out. I dont mind the honor hit but on ch3 or 4 the extra bounty costs for those law enforcement deaths sucks.

One was a woman in custody and I'm kinda going the +honor route but she could be just batshit insane. Hate those choices

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I think it depends on whether the person is antagonizing you or not. If you're just running up to everybody you see and cold cocking them then you'll get a bounty eventually. If someone talks shit to you and you just beat them up then most times I get nothing.

Vorph

Can you pick them up and move them to a hidden location to loot or does that count as kidnapping

Also I'm never sure what to do about the random events where someone is in a cage on a coach and if I should just wave then on or break then out. I dont mind the honor hit but on ch3 or 4 the extra bounty costs for those law enforcement deaths sucks.

One was a woman in custody and I'm kinda going the +honor route but she could be just batshit insane. Hate those choices
Picking someone up in town will incur a kidnapping bounty if anyone sees you, unless it's someone you need to deliver to the sheriff. Don't assume you can arrest, say, a pickpocket either. I knocked the one in St. Denis out and tried to take him to jail, but nope, instant kidnap bounty.

As for the caged people, it's -5 per lawman kill, but +10 for freeing the captive. They often give you info on home robberies and such so I generally free them if there's just two lawmen on the wagon, but if there's two more on horses then forget it.

Jive Turkey

Karen
I think the issue with bumping into people in town causing bounties is that there's no way to code that in a way that distinguishes whether the player does it on purpose or not. If they let you knock people over with your horse, you'd likely be able to also plow into a few of them on purpose with no repercussions. As far as realism and immersion goes, it might be better than they erred on the side of assault for that sort of thing.
That said, I knocked someone over once and the sheriff came out after the wanted alert and just told me to "move along". The instructions under the wanted level in the top right also switched to "move along" and I just had to get out of town for a minute. So minor infractions where you don't already have a bounty might be pretty insignificant.

My main issue with the controls is that I sometimes think I'm doing one thing, but end up doing something else because the controls are interchangeable to some degree. Like, I'd mean to interact with someone, but would end up shooting them because I forgot my pistol was selected in the weapon wheel. And a few times the button dialogue would say "R2 to aim weapon", but my weapon was already out, but at my side, so R2 would just shoot them instead of pointing. There's probably some user error, but it's easy enough to fuck up

• 1Solidarity

Jive Turkey

Karen
Am I the only one who couldn't care less about honor? I just do whatever I feel like at that moment. I think I'm about half the way into the negative in honor, but hardly even think about it

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

I never had a problem with bumping people until I got to St. Denis. That place is fucking insane. Bump into someone, even if they are on a horse too, and they start shooting immediately, you get a disturbing the peace bounty, and if you shoot back at the asshole trying to kill you... forget it. You'll have law on your ass worse than if you murdered the entire town of Valentine.

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about honor? I just do whatever I feel like at that moment. I think I'm about half the way into the negative in honor, but hardly even think about it
There's almost zero advantage to negative, but several benefits to keeping it positive. That said, once you buy the outfits that are locked, and any other other expensive stuff you might like a 50% discount on, and slap a 'hero's' ivory grip on your cattleman revolvers then there's little reason to care about honor anymore and you can do whatever you want.

Terial

Trakanon Raider

i play 2 styles in the game... in town and out of town. I am basiclaly playing Chaotic Neutral (D&D Style)
If i'm in town i try to be good for the most part, with the occasinal robbery of a store here and there (especially shady ones)
However, out in the wilderness, i'm a flat out do as i please.
I've waved hello to people who are assholes back, chase em down and kill em
had stagecoaches pull over when i call them, kill the driver, drive the stagecoach up a hill away from the road, loot the stagecoach, check out the horses, free them (cause they are animals and should not be enslaved) then watch as the coach rolls down the hill ... hopefully into someone else i can rob... all while trying to kill a few animals on my way to be a nice guy one a quest lol

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users