Red Dead Redemption 2

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Need to get me one of these or the Gar, badass.

Dr1v9FHUcAAsY_0.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
There is a map for it that you get in game (from the dude who gives the quest in Chapter 2(?)). Or you can just use an online resource. They all spawn in specific places, just like the other Legendary Animals. In order to catch them you need to purchase the three baits from Lagras (small town in the swamp north of St. Denis), Special River Lure, Special Lake Lure, Special Swamp Lure. As long as you are in the correct location (a popup will appear on the top left of the screen when you are), and use that bait, you are 100% guaranteed to hook the fish. The one in the picture above is at the lake in Ambarino on the far left of the map, near where the Legendary Bison and the Arabian Horse are.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's also important to note that you will probably never reel in the really big legendaries if you aren't pulling down on the left stick every 2-3 seconds while rotating the right stick.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
It's also important to note that you will probably never reel in the really big legendaries if you aren't pulling down on the left stick every 2-3 seconds while rotating the right stick.
The amount of effort it takes to reel in the big legendaries is quite exhausting.

• 1Like

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Loving it more everytime I have a chance to play. The amount of activities /collectables is insane. I made it to chapter 3 and now Ive been doing the bounties / gunslingers / treasure hunts/ satchel upgrade hunts / legendary animals / fishing / etc. I haven't had this much fun ignoring the main quest in a very long time.

Don't get me wrong, the voice acting and the main story are very intriguing so far but I just can't help myself from being sidetracked with everything else the game has to offer. Mostly playing it as a nice guy but I have robbed a store or two and did a couple house jobs for extra funds...m there's just so much packed into this game.

I'll be the first to admit it definitely has its flaws but pacing for me hasn't been one of them.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Picking someone up in town will incur a kidnapping bounty if anyone sees you, unless it's someone you need to deliver to the sheriff. Don't assume you can arrest, say, a pickpocket either. I knocked the one in St. Denis out and tried to take him to jail, but nope, instant kidnap bounty.

As for the caged people, it's -5 per lawman kill, but +10 for freeing the captive. They often give you info on home robberies and such so I generally free them if there's just two lawmen on the wagon, but if there's two more on horses then forget it.

Actually I dont mind the +/- on the honor hit. It's the overal bounty price for killing a lawman that i hate. I've managed to rack up high ones trying to do "the right thing" and ends up being ridiculous costs. And i'd like to avoid the whole saving before doing anything bit too.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Need to get me one of these or the Gar, badass.

Dr1v9FHUcAAsY_0.jpg
Yeeeaaahhh just to be one of those annoying folks..
The all time world record Sockeye Salmon came in at just under 7kg or 15# 3oz
Salmon World Records | Chinook | Chum | Coho | Atlantic | Pink | Sockeye | Kokanee | Masu | SalmonFishing101

That'd be a pretty damn good Chinook or King however. They do get points for using the correct species picture though!
I've touched over 50 million pounds of the things so.. /respect!

This game looks cool btw.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The amount of effort it takes to reel in the big legendaries is quite exhausting.

Don't throw your line out beyond the minimum. If you're in the right place, it will come to you. It's a lot less work this way.

It was funny when I learned this because I could see the bubbles beelining for my bait from far away.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
There is a map for it that you get in game (from the dude who gives the quest in Chapter 2(?)). Or you can just use an online resource. They all spawn in specific places, just like the other Legendary Animals. In order to catch them you need to purchase the three baits from Lagras (small town in the swamp north of St. Denis), Special River Lure, Special Lake Lure, Special Swamp Lure. As long as you are in the correct location (a popup will appear on the top left of the screen when you are), and use that bait, you are 100% guaranteed to hook the fish. The one in the picture above is at the lake in Ambarino on the far left of the map, near where the Legendary Bison and the Arabian Horse are.

Thanks. I didn't know where to go for the lures

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Wrapped up Chapter 6 and am now in Epilogue 2.

Fantastic way to end the game in Chapter 6 I thought :)

I am also glad it isn't over.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
John Marston still can't swim, ugh! The joke is funny but it's actually a little annoying.

• 1Worf

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
My only real story gripe is this game’s endings, both the main game and the epilogue, make the end ending of rdr1 even more of a tragedy.

If they don’t do an rdr1 remake using the assets they have with rdr2 then they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
My only real story gripe is this game’s endings, both the main game and the epilogue, make the end ending of rdr1 even more of a tragedy.

If they don’t do an rdr1 remake using the assets they have with rdr2 then they are shooting themselves in the foot.

RDR1 on Xbox One X in 4k looks fantastic still with the enhancements. To the point where I might replay that one directly after epilogue 2. :)

• 1Solidarity

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Wrapped up Chapter 6 and am now in Epilogue 2.

Fantastic way to end the game in Chapter 6 I thought :)

I am also glad it isn't over.

Did you play as a nice guy?

If so, how did you like the final ride to camp as Arthur after you send Sadie and Elizabeth away, with the voice-over from people who you were nice to telling you how good you were, that there's still good people in the world etc...

You're dying from tuberculosis at that point, and it's pretty evident that you won't make it...but fuck did that final ride hit me hard, I honestly teared up a little. And that moment you send John away.

All the excellent writing throughout the entire game came to fruition at that point.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Playing this honorably the whole way and getting all the optional honorable missions for the achievement was one of my favorite milestones in recent single player gaming. I thought it would be pretty banal but it felt good to be a "good guy" for once. Arthur grew on me in a way a well written character from a book does. You travel with them for awhile and sometimes get bored. However you stick it out to see it's resolve and before you know it you are begging for more. That is good writing. You wanna believe in the goodness of man. Strauss missions and everything else is hitting me so hard in the feelings right now it's bordering on W3 moments. I just finished up the homeless vet story arc and welp.

"Crying? what? oh no lol?!?? no, no, I uh honey I got some dust or something in my eye."

I should be finishing tonight.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Welp, I just bought the PS4 Pro and RDR2 bundle today. Last time I bought a console was an Xbox 360 for RDR1.

I'm going to be so shit at controls.

• 3Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Arthur grew on me in a way a well written character from a book does. You travel with them for awhile and sometimes get bored. However you stick it out to see it's resolve and before you know it you are begging for more. That is good writing.

Yeah, honestly through all of Epilogue 1 and early Ep 2, I was legitimately bummed that I wasn't with Arthur anymore to the point I almost just stopped playing. By the end of Chapter 6, playing good guy, I loved just being in the world as him.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, honestly through all of Epilogue 1 and early Ep 2, I was legitimately bummed that I wasn't with Arthur anymore to the point I almost just stopped playing. By the end of Chapter 6, playing good guy, I loved just being in the world as him.

Uh spoiler bro?

Last edited: