Red Dead Redemption 2

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Wow, activity in this thread died off quick.

We're all still hunting perfect pelts!

I hear you on the pacing. I also will probably not be pushing to get 100% like I usually do. Either the challenges are more of a time-sink than before, or I'm just getting to old and too busy to do everything. I still enjoy durdling around between main missions, but don't have the drive to finish all the optional stuff.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I doubt I will 100% it but I've been doing pretty much all of the side missions up to chapter 4 and for the most part I've enjoyed them all. Upgrading my Satchel can suck a dick but aside from that everything else has been a blast.

Looking at the Gold objectives after finishing a mission some of them seem pretty insane but I'm sure they are more than doable once you get comfortable and know what you are going for.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Did you look at the pictures of the other 3? Also you can just run away from the witness and not get a bounty a lot of the time.
You have to view the pictures of the other three.
Yeh I figured that out last night after fucking around for 30 minutes aimlessly. Well good. Now I think I know my way around a bit better. Got the duels thing somewhat down. Will stop shooting witnesses in the head.
Of course I didn't pick up weapons because they seemed inferior to my cattleman. Ah well.

I need to find me some warmer clothes if I ever want to travel into the mountains again. I should also have some kind of cool horse that came as a code in the box but the stable doesn't seem to have one. Time to get back on the main mission I guess.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeh I figured that out last night after fucking around for 30 minutes aimlessly. Well good. Now I think I know my way around a bit better. Got the duels thing somewhat down. Will stop shooting witnesses in the head.
Of course I didn't pick up weapons because they seemed inferior to my cattleman. Ah well.

I need to find me some warmer clothes if I ever want to travel into the mountains again. I should also have some kind of cool horse that came as a code in the box but the stable doesn't seem to have one. Time to get back on the main mission I guess.

Picking up a gun doesn't permanently lose the one you drop. You can find your old one on your horse.

You need to play the mission where the stable is introduced before you can buy the preorder horse.

• 1Like

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I found that about the guns out the hard way and it seems the three from that mission are lost forever oh well no big deal I guess. I picked up one I think.

I did play that stable mission and picked a horse, maybe that's the one I got. Whatever. I'll keep playing a bit and try to not noob it up too much.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
I’m still making my way through, about 3/4 through Ch. 4. I’m not really bothering with the challenges or the hunting. Just doesn’t seem like enough reward for the effort and the sequential thing with the challenges is plain stupid.

I really enjoy the story, I’m used to the controls and mechanics, should definitely take the time to finish the game but I know I won’t 100% it. In fairness I don’t 100% many games, but I do try sometimes and I just don’t think I will with this.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I just do whatever fits my fancy. Sometimes that's shooting my guns in the air while watching a show in St. Denis, sometimes that's hunting or fishing, other times i'll do a mission. You just take it as it comes and let it happen. Money doesn't seem to be an issue so I don't get why people care about bounties. I robbed a train and got a $200 bounty, whatever I have like $5k and it was fucking hilarious.

• 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I just do whatever fits my fancy. Sometimes that's shooting my guns in the air while watching a show in St. Denis, sometimes that's hunting or fishing, other times i'll do a mission. You just take it as it comes and let it happen. Money doesn't seem to be an issue so I don't get why people care about bounties. I robbed a train and got a $200 bounty, whatever I have like $5k and it was fucking hilarious.

It seems like later on money becomes MUCH less of an issue. plus if you know where to find gold bars (even without the exploit) its even easier. Found a cave with statues that awarded 3 bars for completing the puzzle which was handy.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Are some of the strangers you come across just there to say something with no mission? I came across some crazy preacher guy twice standing in the river. He just mumbles some crazy shit, then goes sleep on his sleeping bag. The second time I just ended up lighting him on fire as he slept and dumping his body in the river
Same drunk preacher that introduces you to poker?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It seems like later on money becomes MUCH less of an issue. plus if you know where to find gold bars (even without the exploit) its even easier. Found a cave with statues that awarded 3 bars for completing the puzzle which was handy.

Never used the exploit. I don't know exactly how many hours I've played, at least 60 and I'm just on chapter IV. I'm a big Western fan so I just get lost in the world half the time. The world Rockstar has built here, I really can't even describe it properly but it's fucking amazing. Just walking around and listening to people talk and looking at the scenery wondering around taking it all in. And then on the road, oh that's a 3 star buck over there? Guess I'll kill it. Now I'm next to a legendary fish spot? Guess I'll fish. Was playing last night kind of drunk, realized I needed to go to bed but happened to be in St. Denis and next to a show, kept hitting the button to boo and finally starting just shooting my guns off. Was fucking laughing the whole time. Fucking amazing.

Even when I had less money if you need money there's nothing stopping you from just robbing shit. Not enough money for the horse or outfit you want? Guess I'll go rob a stage coach or a store, problem solved.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
No, there's a robed bald guy, much older than the one introducing you to poker up in a river in the north east part of the map. just a rambling encounter it seemed like.

Spouting the crazy religious stuff right? He's said something different to me so far every time I've seen him so far which has to be 3-4 different times so I'm assuming something will happen down the road and haven't killed him. Same with the one armed old veteran in Valentine. At same point when they stop saying something new then maybe I'll mess with them, until then it could be something awesome.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Never used the exploit. I don't know exactly how many hours I've played, at least 60 and I'm just on chapter IV. I'm a big Western fan so I just get lost in the world half the time. The world Rockstar has built here, I really can't even describe it properly but it's fucking amazing. Just walking around and listening to people talk and looking at the scenery wondering around taking it all in. And then on the road, oh that's a 3 star buck over there? Guess I'll kill it. Now I'm next to a legendary fish spot? Guess I'll fish. Was playing last night kind of drunk, realized I needed to go to bed but happened to be in St. Denis and next to a show, kept hitting the button to boo and finally starting just shooting my guns off. Was fucking laughing the whole time. Fucking amazing.

Even when I had less money if you need money there's nothing stopping you from just robbing shit. Not enough money for the horse or outfit you want? Guess I'll go rob a stage coach or a store, problem solved.

My problem with the robbing solves money issues usually gets countered by the stupid bounties I get. $50 robbery turning into a $150 bounty escape. It's still fun, don't get me wrong. but it ends up being counter-productive.

Though I did learn some of the special event robberies etc (gun store in Saint Denis) have hints/requirements to avoid this. IE don't fire a shot/let anyone fire a shot and cops don't show up. and you get in and out with an ok money gain.

• 1Like

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
My problem with the robbing solves money issues usually gets countered by the stupid bounties I get. $50 robbery turning into a $150 bounty escape. It's still fun, don't get me wrong. but it ends up being counter-productive.

Though I did learn some of the special event robberies etc (gun store in Saint Denis) have hints/requirements to avoid this. IE don't fire a shot/let anyone fire a shot and cops don't show up. and you get in and out with an ok money gain.

Main thing is you don't rob in town and you make sure to put up your mask first. I robbed and murdered the ranch between Valentine and Emerald Ranch, no bounty at all.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My dad sent this to me and said "background music for your cowboy game". I liked it enough to share.

I promise he doesn't sound like you think he's going to sound.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I fucking love this game. I'm about 26% through now and love it. I don't do much shit like hunting or fishing except to make food sometimes. I have a hard time losing focus on the main story and feel side stuff like that is a waste of time. But I'm 35 with kids and limited.playtime.

One critique. I wish new features werent displayed in a tiny box in the top left. Also the cardinal directions on the minimap are essentially useless. I can't read that shit

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
When I finished everything including the epilogues I looked at the map and realized I had 60% of it still unexplored. Holy moly.

• 1Solidarity

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I fucking love this game. I'm about 26% through now and love it. I don't do much shit like hunting or fishing except to make food sometimes. I have a hard time losing focus on the main story and feel side stuff like that is a waste of time. But I'm 35 with kids and limited.playtime.

One critique. I wish new features werent displayed in a tiny box in the top left. Also the cardinal directions on the minimap are essentially useless. I can't read that shit

The tiny bits are why I have a hard time console gaming these days. Cant read the directions like you and it's not as bad on rdr2 as some other games. But some are awful on my aging eyes in terms of mini map details and little dots they love to use. The x on rdr2 and dots on ff15 are the main culprits in recent memory

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The tiny bits are why I have a hard time console gaming these days. Cant read the directions like you and it's not as bad on rdr2 as some other games. But some are awful on my aging eyes in terms of mini map details and little dots they love to use. The x on rdr2 and dots on ff15 are the main culprits in recent memory
You can make the minimap a bit bigger, but it’s not terribly helpful if you can barely see the default standard size. Hopefully they add a UI scale slider. Doesn’t matter how beautiful the world is if you can’t play the game because of a minimalist UI :emoji_expressionless: