Red Dead Redemption 2

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Came across this today while looking for orchids for Algernon :emoji_grimacing:

View attachment 184289

When I found that I kept trying to TNT the tree or shoot the branch to knock it down and skin it. Ended up looking it up and seems to be just a random easter egg. It is cool finding stuff like that randomly and going WTF is that?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

Guarma was just the Mexican setting without going down into Mexico again. Why are you guys complaining about sinking a ship or using a cannon when there is a 1950’s time traveler and flying saucer in this game as well?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Guarma was just the Mexican setting without going down into Mexico again. Why are you guys complaining about sinking a ship or using a cannon when there is a 1950’s time traveler and flying saucer in this game as well?

Guarma is an entire chapter so there's that. I haven't run into a time traveler or the flying saucer so there's that too.

But something about injecting it right before the climax that just throws off the pacing. It felt like nothing more than padding and had zero impact on the overall story or character development as far as I could tell.

Why am I complaining about a video game? Do we not do that here anymore?

Jive Turkey

Karen

A mexican setting fits the theme. Guarma felt like I was playing Uncharted, but not as interesting. If it was more well done, maybe I would see past the change of theme, but I didn't particularly enjoy it

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, I almost completely lost interest in the game when it hit Guarma. I didn't care for that part of the game at all.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I actually thought it was a great continuation of where the story had been headed, in the sense of how out of their comfort zone and fucked they were. It was a situation that would allow Dutch to be even more ruthless and desperate and for Arthur to react accordingly.

That said, the actual missions except for the last one weren't all that fun or interesting.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I shamelessly no-lifed this game since release and just got 100% completion. Somehow, I’m not completely done with it and am still looking forward to trying RDR Online tomorrow.

0604290E-0FFA-4E8E-9BA3-7BD3EF5CBAA0.jpeg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I'm tempted to do it except for getting all the gold missions (I'm almost finished with epilogue 2 and I'll be sitting at 90%). It would be fun if you went in with your current gear but without that it just seems like it would be a slog.

Even if I don't, I probably will play online. It's just a world I enjoy being in, which is why even bullshit challenges and such were a good time. I miss not being able to be a certain someone, though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not sure I'm actually going to play online since I got back into FF14.

One thing I am considering though is making a female character with longest hair so I don't have to deal with shaving my hair/beard all the time which was annoying me toward the end of the single player game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I'm tempted to do it except for getting all the gold missions (I'm almost finished with epilogue 2 and I'll be sitting at 90%). It would be fun if you went in with your current gear but without that it just seems like it would be a slog.

Even if I don't, I probably will play online. It's just a world I enjoy being in, which is why even bullshit challenges and such were a good time. I miss not being able to be a certain someone, though.
The 100% completion isn’t the same as the platinum so no 70 gold missions required. I’ve seen people have made lists of the easiest ones to do so I figured I’d look that over and decide if it was worth it lol

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Looks like RDR2 Online is going to be a blast. Watched a little bit of a stream. Some solid story set up and character creation options, and a lot of fun to be had.

• 2Like

Brad2770

Looks like RDR2 Online is going to be a blast. Watched a little bit of a stream. Some solid story set up and character creation options, and a lot of fun to be had.

Are the characters mutes like GTAO? I hope the playable online characters have dialogue.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Please forgive my ignorance. I've never had a X box before, bought just for this game, do I have to sign up for that subscription service to be able to play RD online?

Last edited:

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I watched a little bit of streaming during y lunch break. Character creator seems pretty good.

The guy I was watching saw another player, and just shot him in the face killing him in 1 shot. I don't what the penalty for killing other player is, or what the death penalty is.

Then he went and picked up a mission with 3 other random players. It seems the game is open mic which was totally annoying.

The mission was kind of cool. Guy's wife was missing, kidnapped by outlaws. They went to the camp, and had to fight a bunch of outlaws, then go into a house where the wife was with her lover. She wasn't kidnapped, and didn't want to go back. Group had to vote(didn't see how) about whether to let the couple in love go or bring wife back to her husband. They killed the dude and brought her back. They had to defend themselves on the way back from outlaws.

I'm curious to try it. I'm not sure I see myself lasting long though. I absolutely adored the story mode but thought the gameplay was average. So just doing random mission with same gameplay but without the amazing storytelling doesn't sound great to me.

• 2Like