Red Dead Redemption 2

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So I got to what I assume is an expandable home base, delivered whores to town, killed a legendary bear and robbed a random dude dying of a snake bite.
Is this the whole game? Currently I don’t want to do any more missions because they have been boring as fuck.

First two chapters are introducing all the game's mechanics.

Your mileage may vary but if you aren't already invested in Arthur's story arc and find roaming around doing shit that you feel like, then this probably aint your cup of tea.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
When playing at PS4 launch, I made the mistake of trying to upgrade all my shit too early on. I did like 10 hours of missions and 30 just fucking around. I lost interest because of it. I'd highly recommend doing a mix of what's to offer to avoid the same situation.

• 1Solidarity

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Apparently I am not allowed to play this when my internet is down. If this is a feature and not a bug I will be sorely disappointed, looks like it is a bug but I am still not happy.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Today is the day my peoples! RDR2 on Steam!

giphy.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Picked this up tonight for PC and got to chapter 2. I read that they fixed a lot of the bugs that the PC users were having. So far so good. I played quite a bit on the PS4 and currently liking the change. I'm not as used to console gaming as PC and I'd have friends or family play my character and fuck shit up on my story mode on PS4 so I'm happy to have it on the PC where I know that no one knows how to work a mouse and keyboard and won't even try. Currently running everything on the ultra graphics setting and no issues. Feels like it runs smoother and faster than the PS4. Looking forward to playing some more tomorrow.

spronk

FPS noob
lol Red Dead Redemption 2 gets a ‘Hot Coffee’ mod

also this game is now free with gamepass on xbox, no such luck on PC i guess the only PC ports are still epic games and steam not the windows store. Definitely an interesting game to play, its long and deliberate and slow and 2 years later I'm still not sure whether I liked the game or not. I loved RDR 1 but played it years and years after release on an X with BC mode.

• 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I had no info on this game when I played it and I was having enough fun that I didn't really do any research while playing. All I have to say is that this is the must bummed out I have ever been about a character dying in a game. RIP Arthur.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Laura

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is there some customization to your playing style? I just can't play a game where they force me to play the hero who has one set of abilities. I enjoyed Skyrim because I can decide whether to go with Heavy, Medium or Light armor. Use magic or not. Wield a sword, bow or daggers...etc. I downloaded and played RDR2, got bored of it in the first 5 minutes.

• 5Seriously?
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Comparing RDR2 to Skyrim was your first mistake.

You are comparing a mystical fantasy land with dragons and magic where you build the character how you want to a semi realistic western based on a character in a heavily driven story. RDR2 is a western simulation. The game has customization in different guns and outfits. You grow skills by using them for example shooting, horseback riding, or running which I guess is similar to Skyrim.

• 2Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Your loss. This was a pretty good game. I hadn't enjoyed myself like that in awhile now.
I also loved it. I actually platinumed it. But I can see how other people wouldn’t. I initially hesitated buying it because I couldn’t get into any of the GTA games. For whatever reason the hype got the better of me and I ended up spending dozens of hours doing menial shit that would’ve made me abandon other games.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think RDR2 was a bit of a disappointment. The side task stuff is boring and horse travel fucking sucks. Then the upgrades are too far and few between. Too many camp enhancements and such are just vanity upgrades. It's a good game for sure, but it's not something I'll ever revisit and might not even crack my Top 10 for the current generation. Which you'd expect this game to hit with the hype.

It's a beautiful game though.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Story was great, but really no zero urge to replay it. Some of those challenges were bullshit so I maxed the 4 easiest ones. No way was I going to do all 10 for every category.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
I tend to play the online versions more. GTA and RDO. I grind, get all the money and toys, realize I don't like griefing people and quit. 'Cause other than grinding, it feels like fucking with other people is about all there is if you're a solo player. Mostly now I just log on to GTA to get my free car every week and now my million a month. And I play RDO cause I have a 30 day streak and i'm getting .5 gold per daily objective, which adds up.

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Between looking boring as fuck and that einstein-haired harridan lecturing then gassing me, I noped the fuck out of naturalist for now.

1596164073733.png

• 1Like