Red Dead Redemption 2

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I played this for about 1 hour last night which I'm going to regret today since I'm too old to stay up till 1 am on a weekday. :)

The game look amazing and sounds amazing which isn't really a surprise because we could see that in the trailers.

The introduction is really good, I like that they throw you in the middle of events. You know shit happened, you're not sure what...deal with it. It create tension and stakes right off the bat. I'm invested already after just 1 hour.

I need to get used to the controls, it's a bit different.

The game does a good job on introducing the mechanics.

I like the way hunting works. I'm going to waste so much time hunting. :)

Looking forward to playing more tonight.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My only real complaint so far up through the intro is that even in <current year> no game has learned how to create a follow mechanic that isn't absolute trash. And the beginning has so so much of it.

The HUD is pretty nice. Like being able to switch off the mini map and just use the compass, but still having access with a quick button press. Health indicators and stuff are small and out of the way so you can really focus on the world. Not sure about managing health + core + stamina + core.

Super nitpick from me, if I enter a a menu through a quick access shortcut (compendium through holding option) a single back should take me to game, not step me through 10 different menus to finally get to game.

I'm absolutely terrible at shooting, hah. Don't remember being this bad at say Uncharted or other 3rd person shooters. Sure it'll settle in.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the only thing I am trying to gain a handle on are the controls.

I went right to the post that I saw on using Standard FPS for controls and adjusting dead zone and such. Seems to work just fine - just takes getting used too.

I am used hitting B for duck, not A.

• 1Like

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
How do I interact with the white exclamation points in camp? I see a white ! on the medic icon and ammo icon. Do they mean anything? It doesnt give me an option to do anything..

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Only by total layout.There are quite a few, and you can also switch them between 3rd and 1st person as they separate them.
I'll have to look into that. First thing I did on God of War was switch dodge and interact, that default layout was dumb.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I love the new trend in making games "accessible" where they turn all the stupid button-mashing QTEs into simply holding the button down. I think GoW was the first time I saw it as an option, but now it seems like the standard for every AAA game.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I love the new trend in making games "accessible" where they turn all the stupid button-mashing QTEs into simply holding the button down. I think GoW was the first time I saw it as an option, but now it seems like the standard for every AAA game.

As someone with mild RSI, I couldn't agree more.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Wtf, "incompatible with all your devices" ... which, based on the other reviews, seems to be the norm for just about everyone trying to install it on a tablet no matter how new.

Installed fine on my pixel tablet, haven't got to link it to the game yet tho. Will be able to check it out after a bunch of appointments today

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
This is a dumb question, but its been so long since I've bought a console game - you can re-sell/transfer the physical copies, right? I don't have any current gen hardware, but I was going to buy this now to play at a friends place, and then give the disc to my nephew for Christmas. Will that work, or does it lock to a specific Xbox/account? For single player only, don't care about the online.

Though if there was a game to drop ~$1000 on a 4K tv and new console, its probably this one.