Red Dead Redemption 2

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Please forgive my ignorance. I've never had a X box before, bought just for this game, do I have to sign up for that subscription service to be able to play RD online?
They just had 12 months of Xbox Live Gold service for $39.99 over Black Friday. But, you can still get one month for $1.00, if you just want to try it out.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The online of this looks very promising, but I just flat out do not have enough info to form an opinion on it one way or the other. But the somewhat general consenses I've seen, is there is some reason to believe they have it designed to funnel you into buying the premium currency through both a massive grind to earn it in game or from other players being able to grief what you have earned out of you. I'm not saying this assesment is right or even remotely based in reality. But for sure I'm going to wait until Beta is over, unless this is like Fortnite where it will remain in "Early Access" perpetually. But so far from the limited streams I've seen and discussions, my impression is it's very bare bones at this point and they are not only baby stepping the number of people allowed to actually go online, but they are also dolling out the actual content as well. I know nothing of GTAO but many people are comparing it to that so far and saying GTAO is kind of a MTX funnel.

spronk

FPS noob
online does feel weird, like a story DLC so far where my character won't talk. I really find that annoying, its pretty immersion breaking to have a story game where everyone treats your character like the retard who can't speak. feels like its a bit too long for the intro too, like i've played online for an hour and am still doing basically tutorial stuff. not a fan so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

Can you murder other player’s horses? I have a friend that murdered two of my white steeds in Minecraft back in 2014. I need to repay that debt.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Watching Bikeman earlier I'm not sure exactly what was going on as I had just tuned in but he or someone shot a horse and the mission failed

Brad2770

Instead of the character responding with nods or head shakes, they should have at least added several different ways of saying yes and no and maybe a few different ways of saying “I don’t talk much” to use to respond to NPC’s offering work or initiating chat dialogue. Especially since the character responds to the horse.

spronk

FPS noob
or just have the intro feature some sadistic fucker cutting your tongue out

i'm level 6 now and just not really feeling RDR Online, there are more maps you can visit and the world seems pretty freaking huge but also pretty empty. The shitty combat system is ok enough for SP campaign but its just a clusterfuck when random people start killing other players in town. i haven't tried horse racing but i can't imagine its anywhere near as fun as all the crazy shenanigans of GTA Online and racing. the world and story are ok and far better than fallout 76 but nowhere near the story / character / etc of the SP campaign so i'm not sure why I'd play this too long.

people who have ultimate got 24 hour early beta access today, people who played the release game on launch date get access tomorrow and thursday, and everyone who played the game the first week gets access friday. i guess they are staggering access to prevent the server meltdowns GTA 5 had

i was really hoping RDR Online would be something crazy new and innovative, the GAAS we have all been looking for, but its pretty much a stripped down reskin of GTA5

Jive Turkey

Karen
There's nothing more fucking aggravating than traveling a far ways for a pelt, then getting killed by fucking wolves on the way to the trapper

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Brad2770

Since they have an alternate currency that can be purchased, I’m hoping that leaves regular currency open to betting in poker and such (if they add it)

Where do you get the horse brush in online? Running through water doesn’t seem to help and getting tired of paying $7.50 all the time.

Last edited:

Randin

Trakanon Raider
In addition to adding online, this patch also fixed the bug that could cause Sadie and the Marstons to not spawn in the camp for the first few chapters.

And it might just be my imagination, but it seems like your horse is less likely to eat your weapon loadouts, so that's nice.

spronk

FPS noob
Since they have an alternate currency that can be purchased, I’m hoping that leaves regular currency open to betting in poker and such (if they add it)

Where do you get the horse brush in online? Running through water doesn’t seem to help and getting tired of paying $7.50 all the time.

the horse brush is in the catalog one of the early guys gives you, its an inventory item you use and can browse just like any shop catalog. you have to order it and it gets delivered to your camp lockbox

• 1Like

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
Any word if Rockstar is going to wipe the Online characters clean after this beta? I don't want to spend hours farming pelts and collecting shit for a few in-game dollars to have it all wiped out in a couple weeks.

Brad2770

Any word if Rockstar is going to wipe the Online characters clean after this beta? I don't want to spend hours farming pelts and collecting shit for a few in-game dollars to have it all wiped out in a couple weeks.

They didn’t with GTAO, so I doubt they would here.

• 1Like

Brad2770

How do you sell pelts? I have been to two locations the trapper would be and though his camp is there, he is not.