Red Dead Redemption 2

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Have you tried staying in cinematic so the AI navigates for you? You can still control speed. I haven't done this run yet as I still have part of story to do. The other runs seemed rather easy. You using arabian?

No, I’m functionally retarded or something.

Fourth try, I kid you not, a fucking 2, TWO, star grizzly bear decided to attack me and I got knocked off my horse
Fifth try, my horse jumped over a pebble and into a fucking ditch
Sixth try I went full retard and ran into like the first or second tree I could.

Blamed it on the weed I smoked after I got the three domino wins in a row. Truth is I’m just retarded.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Utnayan Utnayan dunno if you have to be online for invites to Posse. So stupid.

Pop that Posse

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Have you tried staying in cinematic so the AI navigates for you? You can still control speed. I haven't done this run yet as I still have part of story to do. The other runs seemed rather easy. You using arabian?

Are you guys talking about the races? Just jab your horse with stimulant and blow the other dude out of the water

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I tried some of the shooty scenarios. Come up behind someone blam blam blam locked on empty entire revolver in them and they don't die. They turn around and boom headshot carbine repeater.

Spawn in take 3 steps headshot carbine repeater. Repeat 30x. I got stabbed once, someone threw an axe and hit me somehow through a tree, but other than that, every single time I died in 4 games. Headshot, carbine repeater.

I'm guessing there's some element of the game I'm missing. Or everyone has a mouse but me. Or the game is just bugged and shows every kill as headshot carbine repeater.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I tried some of the shooty scenarios. Come up behind someone blam blam blam locked on empty entire revolver in them and they don't die. They turn around and boom headshot carbine repeater.

Spawn in take 3 steps headshot carbine repeater. Repeat 30x. I got stabbed once, someone threw an axe and hit me somehow through a tree, but other than that, every single time I died in 4 games. Headshot, carbine repeater.

I'm guessing there's some element of the game I'm missing. Or everyone has a mouse but me. Or the game is just bugged and shows every kill as headshot carbine repeater.

Body shots from a pistol aren't as strong as you'd think.

Well, the carbine is the first long gun players get, so I imagine most long range deaths this early are from it. The key for headshots is to assist aim, flick up, then fire. Takes a lot of practice but it's effective.

All head shots are lethal. This is why the varmint rifle is probably the best gun in the game for pvp.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
No, I’m functionally retarded or something.

Fourth try, I kid you not, a fucking 2, TWO, star grizzly bear decided to attack me and I got knocked off my horse
Fifth try, my horse jumped over a pebble and into a fucking ditch
Sixth try I went full retard and ran into like the first or second tree I could.

Blamed it on the weed I smoked after I got the three domino wins in a row. Truth is I’m just retarded.
I got it on my second run. General rule of thumb is you’re much less likely to encounter predators during day time so I slept until noon then did the ride.

Good luck sir.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've been doing these scenarios nonstop, probably 20 or 30, and I've yet to be on a winning team. The only one I can do well at is a scenario with a shotgun, because then it just comes down to ping or getting the drop on someone.

I got a really good look at one of the winners that was just farming everyone. He didn't take any time to aim. Instant headshot that appeared to happen before he'd even reach a corner. Probably one of those mouse / controller converters.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Also alot of players, when you lock onto them with the gimpy console lock, it locks to the side of them.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I kept running into this same guy repeatedly. He had a shotgun so I'd find him at long range. I've gotten pretty good at the headshot thing. Every fight I shot him at least 3 or 4 times, and 3 of those fights at least one headshot. He never died, he'd just wiggle in close and shoot me once with his shotgun and down I'd go.

I'd think if a 22 to the head is an instant kill a bolt action rifle should do the trick. Is this like high level perks or something? Maybe there's a card that treats head shots as body.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I kept running into this same guy repeatedly. He had a shotgun so I'd find him at long range. I've gotten pretty good at the headshot thing. Every fight I shot him at least 3 or 4 times, and 3 of those fights at least one headshot. He never died, he'd just wiggle in close and shoot me once with his shotgun and down I'd go.

I'd think if a 22 to the head is an instant kill a bolt action rifle should do the trick. Is this like high level perks or something? Maybe there's a card that treats head shots as body.
I know one of the dead eye cards makes it so headshots aren't lethal while you're in Deadeye, but I dunno beyond that.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
“RDROnline manages to be everything Red Dead Redemption is not and little of what makes it great.” - my review of online in its current state.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it's definitely not reaching its potential, but I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll expand upon the framework and make it better.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I feel it is my duty to report the mission farmers. Every game I get in my team is me and 2 guys that just spin in place. Probably have a string tied to the analogs to keep from de-idling. I can either stop in game and report them, probably getting shot by the people that inevitably come over to farm the afk tards, or is there some sort of recent players list?

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’ve been farming them. I just sit on the dynamite and kill them and the racers alike.

Then I got got bored and did the afk trick too lol. Report me bro.

p.s seriously playing legit and these guys are killing AFKrs get first place even though I won the race? WTF

Last edited:

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Balance update today for online
Increasing the cash and gold payments across a number of different activities including Free Roam Missions, Free Roam Events, replays of A Land of Opportunities Missions, Showdown Series modes and more.
Reducing the prices of most weapons in the Wheeler, Rawson & Co Catalogue and Gunsmiths. For players that have already purchased weapons at the previous prices, we will automatically deposit the difference to player balances starting today - please look for an alert message the next time you log in to the Red Dead Online Beta to notify you of this change, refunds may take up until Monday, December 10th to reach all eligible players.
Balancing the values of select pelts, skins and fish as well as horse reviver and pamphlets
Also, Players who have taken part in the Red Dead Online beta (from Nov. 27 through midnight PST Dec. 6) will receive $250 of in-game cash and 15 gold bars

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I just logged in to check and I had already received the cash and gold.

Edit: Smal Game Arrow Pamphlet still $350 :emoji_expressionless: I guess I can go ahead and pick it up since they refunded the difference between previously purchased weapons and current prices.

Last edited:

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Looking forward to those gold bars. Need to insure my good horse so I can use it.
Don't waste gold on insurance. Your horse doesn't permanently die, you just pay a couple dollars for a vet bill at the stables.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
My "check" arrived while I was fishin:

payd.png