Red Dead Redemption 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Brad2770

If microtransactions went live, does that mean that what we have now is pretty much the final version ? I hope not because it seriously lacks content, and the feeling that you have to buy gold if you want to get anything (or grind for hours on a limited range of activities) is strong. Compared to GTA Online, they went way too far with pay to win (imho)

I don’t think it is out of Beta yet. GTA Online came out first of Oct. 2013 and the first update, Beach Bum update, was around the middle of Nov., so we are probably looking at first content update around middle of Jan?

Compared to GTA, this has been lacking. Or at least feels that way.

GTA had almost zero lobby activities. Just bounty and air drop. There were races, PvP and Contact missions.

Red Dead Online has 6 contact missions. About same amount of races and PvP and a decent amount of Libby content. Not to mention herbs and hunting.

(Edit- middle of Nov)

Edit 2-

Sitting in Rhodes, looking at map to find a place to hunt undisturbed. I hear a dog barking. Then I hear a lady yell “shut that dog up.” Then about 2 seconds later I hear gunshots and no barking dog.

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If microtransactions went live, does that mean that what we have now is pretty much the final version ? I hope not because it seriously lacks content, and the feeling that you have to buy gold if you want to get anything (or grind for hours on a limited range of activities) is strong. Compared to GTA Online, they went way too far with pay to win (imho)
They did the same thing in GTA, except it was unnecessary and a play on the ridiculousness of micro transactions. You can give them a ton of money for shark cards to buy in game shit, but you don't really need anything you couldn't also get from alternate avenues or saving a little bit. Play to win? Win what, exactly?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
A few people have leaked that they are testing RDR 1 remaster inside the RDR 2 game, so its just a matter of time before it releases. Dunno if it'll be the full game, game + xpac, whether it'll be some weird part of RDR Online, whether it'll be a standalone SP DLC, or what but it'll definitely be a cool way for people who have never played it to play on PC in full 4k 60 fps in a year or so.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The "leak" is pretty flimsy at best unless there's something new that's come out in the past couple days.

Brad2770

They are already more than half way there.

One thing I thought about, but some of the buildings are missing in the RDR1 areas. Since online takes place after 1899, but before 1907, maybe things will be built up over the next few years. Each update will lead to RDR1 being released eventually see the buildings missing in Thieves Landing, Blackwater, etc... fill in.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
They are already more than half way there.

One thing I thought about, but some of the buildings are missing in the RDR1 areas. Since online takes place after 1899, but before 1907, maybe things will be built up over the next few years. Each update will lead to RDR1 being released eventually see the buildings missing in Thieves Landing, Blackwater, etc... fill in.

Online takes place in 1898, I thought. It definitely takes place before RDR 2 as Hamish and Trelawny are quest givers.

This is obviously of vital importance and being right or wrong about this issue could have long lasting impacts on not only our gameplay but our very lives.

spronk

FPS noob
The "leak" is pretty flimsy at best unless there's something new that's come out in the past couple days.

i may or may not have tested a build of RDR Online on console that includes all the RDR 1 content plus new online only content like team-based heists and train robberies. its all test builds with different configs and setups though so who knows what exactly rockstars plans are and how they plan on deploying this stuff, but the work is mostly done.

its a bummer RDR Online is in "beta", if a massive exploit is found that lets you accumulate vast amounts of money they will definitely reset the servers so it kinda makes trying pointless.

• 1OK, Sure

Brad2770

Online takes place in 1898, I thought. It definitely takes place before RDR 2 as Hamish and Trelawny are quest givers.

This is obviously of vital importance and being right or wrong about this issue could have long lasting impacts on not only our gameplay but our very lives.

Oh yeah, you’re right.

I hope this isn’t like GTAO and it’s an alternate time line.

its a bummer RDR Online is in "beta", if a massive exploit is found that lets you accumulate vast amounts of money they will definitely reset the servers so it kinda makes trying pointless.

If they did, I would mail a box of horse shit to their main office labeled Delicious Cookies.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
So these micro transactions mean we probably won't ever see RDR2 Online poker right? That's a real shame. Would be a fun platform for it.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
So these micro transactions mean we probably won't ever see RDR2 Online poker right? That's a real shame. Would be a fun platform for it.
I think loot boxes avoid this by making player trading impossible.

Brad2770

Rockstar said:
We'd once again like to acknowledge our incredible Red Dead Online community for their continued support, patience and detailed feedback during this beta period. Here are some new details on the latest updates to the Red Dead Online Beta, along with a few things to look forward to:
Title Update 1.05 has been released addressing general improvements to fix game stability, save data and to address exploits.
Gold Gift: As a thank you for your ongoing support, we are awarding everyone who has played from the Red Dead Online Beta launch through this Thursday, December 20th with a gift of 15 additional gold bars. The awards will begin rolling out today and if you haven’t experienced the Red Dead Online Beta yet, play by Thursday, December 20th for eligibility. All gold bar gifts should be delivered by Monday, December 24th. Keep an eye out for an alert screen when entering the Red Dead Online Beta to confirm the gift.
Cash Gift: As an added thank you to players who pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2, and those who purchased either the Special or Ultimate Edition, we are awarding additional RDO$ gifts. These will be active starting Friday, December 21st and are automatically added to your character’s balance the next time you play Red Dead Online during the Beta and permanently afterwards:
  • Special Edition Owners: RDO$100
  • Ultimate Edition Owners: RDO$1,000
  • Everyone who pre-ordered: RDO$100 (in addition to Ultimate and Special Edition gifts)
Store: Is now accessible in-game. As always, if you experience any technical issues at all with any purchases, please head to https://support.rockstargames.com for help; and if you have any user experience issues or feedback to provide, please submit to the www.reddeadonline.com/feedback website.
Upcoming Updates to the Red Dead Online Beta: We have been poring through incoming community input and suggestions and are working on updates for early 2019 to address many popular bits of feedback including some new anti-griefing measures in the works and other updates to improve gameplay balance. We are also working on lots of new features, modes and additional Red Dead Online gameplay content updates that we are very excited to share more about in the new year.
Thank you again to all Red Dead players worldwide for your amazing support and feedback contributions. Please stay tuned for more info in the coming weeks and months.

spronk

FPS noob
i think everyone knows its coming, just really a question of when. rdr pc settings capture:

it'll be awesome if they let you port your PS4/xb1 save to pc, i have spent every evening the past week just hunting fucking perfect skins and i gotta say... its really relaxing spending 2 hours a night in the virtual woods stalking squirrels and elk. the game would be perfect if it let you have a dog companion

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brad2770

it'll be awesome if they let you port your PS4/xb1 save to pc, i have spent every evening the past week just hunting fucking perfect skins and i gotta say... its really relaxing spending 2 hours a night in the virtual woods stalking squirrels and elk. the game would be perfect if it let you have a dog companion

I agree. Spent about an hour last night hunting before bed. Got my first perfect Grizzly hide. It sold for $7.50. They really need to adjust those prices. No incentive for me to stomp around in tall trees or head north into the snowy mountains when I can get poor or good deer carcasses right near Blackwater butcher for only a couple of dollars less.

spronk

FPS noob
i did the gold bar cheat and have like 50k don't give a shit about money, but you need all kinds of weird perfect skins to upgrade all your satchels (and once you get them all you can craft "the legendary" backpack). so don't sell perfect skins to the butcher, instead take them back to camp and "donate" them which counts towards your satchel crafting vs the butcher where it doesn't (afaik)

not worrying about money is great though, someone sasses me and i kill them and any bounty hunters and pay off the $300 bounty, what the fuck do i care. deadeye is low, i'll just tonic and buy a shit load more. Too bad RL isn't like that

• 1Picard

Nija

<Silver Donator>
i did the gold bar cheat and have like 50k don't give a shit about money, but you need all kinds of weird perfect skins to upgrade all your satchels (and once you get them all you can craft "the legendary" backpack). so don't sell perfect skins to the butcher, instead take them back to camp and "donate" them which counts towards your satchel crafting vs the butcher where it doesn't (afaik)

not worrying about money is great though, someone sasses me and i kill them and any bounty hunters and pay off the $300 bounty, what the fuck do i care. deadeye is low, i'll just tonic and buy a shit load more. Too bad RL isn't like that

Does anything you just typed have anything at all to do with multiplayer?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Does anything you just typed have anything at all to do with multiplayer?

Haha. I was wondering that too. It feels like a post that was in draft a couple days after single player release and then suddenly posted.

• 1Worf

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I actually haven't finished the SP yet though not sure you need a gold bar cheat with how easy money is to get.

spronk

FPS noob
haha yeah i'm still slowly going through SP (only on chapter 3) and don't really find the MP mode interesting at all, haven't touched it since it released