Red Dead Redemption 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i think everyone knows its coming, just really a question of when. rdr pc settings capture:

it'll be awesome if they let you port your PS4/xb1 save to pc, i have spent every evening the past week just hunting fucking perfect skins and i gotta say... its really relaxing spending 2 hours a night in the virtual woods stalking squirrels and elk. the game would be perfect if it let you have a dog companion

If this were an unpermitted leak, wouldn't R* just send DMCA Takedown notices to youtube over that video?

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
So you can only reset an online challenge ten times, I did the “sell herbs to a doctor” ten times and can’t reset it anymore.

That was part of how I levelled by just hunting, gathering, and doing the occasional hideout. Now levelling is going to be a grotesque chore or I am going to be forced to grind out their abysmal pvp content or the same three story missions over and over again if I want to level at a pace beyond that of a retarded snail.

Luckily there is nothing I give a shit about unlocking anymore because the further I get in Online the more pointless it feels, I like wandering and hunting, selling those herbs was a great supplement to my experience gains. I thought they needed to increase the turn in amounts but if they are limiting it to ten resets then there is no point.

They better be planning a big dlc drop when online goes ‘live’ or else it is dead in the water.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
TBT- how many times are you gonna check out on the multiplayer? I thought it was opposite of everything you like about the single player.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
TBT- how many times are you gonna check out on the multiplayer? I thought it was opposite of everything you like about the single player.

I was enjoying just roaming and hunting, it was oddly relaxing and I didn’t feel like doing it in single player so I decided to do it in multiplayer. Along the way I found a couple things that made the ranking up process actually interesting, that being the buckle challenges and being able to reset some ofthem.

I don’t really play multiplayer, I play IN multiplayer. I found a way to play single player in multiplayer. Like I do with almost every online game with the exception of pug groups to get minor shit done like in WoW (dungeons, lfr raids). I even did a few of the online story missions (repeating one I ave already done) just to rank up, they aren’t long enough though to treat as dungeons but they were good for warping around the map.

Problem I had was that even though I had finished the game I wasn’t done playing it and dicking around in multiplayer without actually playing their multiplayer modes too much was filling the void of being able to play the game and actually have a reason to do anything in it.

I get your point though, and I’ll stop going on about it.

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Just realized RDR Online completely killed the game for me. I tried online a couple times when it first came out and haven't picked up the game since. I should get back into the single player stuff

• 1Like

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Just realized RDR Online completely killed the game for me. I tried online a couple times when it first came out and haven't picked up the game since. I should get back into the single player stuff

What I don't understand is how it ended up this way. It's simply got less of everything than the single player game. You can't hunt effectively, because a fraction of the wildlife spawns in. There aren't any quests to speak of. There aren't any random events. There isn't a reasonable way to communicate with nearby people, so you'll just get fragged randomly - and fragged in the worst way. Zero risk, zero reward.

It's like they rang all of the substance out of the game and called it online mode. Do they expect us to buy spacebux to enhance our experience?!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Leslie Benzies left (Got the Shaft from Sam Houser who is a worthless piece of shit) and Benzies basically was the entire show. Without him, I think we are going to see Rockstar start getting their asses kicked. This is only the beginning. RDR2 Online is the first online mode without Benzies behind the wheel, and look at how worse it is as a result.

Benzies was the reason why RDR 1 didn't get shit canned towards the end of development hell, and he is the sole reason for the success of GTA 5 Online.

Companies need to start realizing who their real talent is.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I am starting to wonder if games are being designed by people who enjoy playing them or by people who really never have played them at all. Reminds me of all the old comic movies made by people who had never read a comic ever.

Just an observation on the entire industry.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I am starting to wonder if games are being designed by people who enjoy playing them or by people who really never have played them at all. Reminds me of all the old comic movies made by people who had never read a comic ever.

Just an observation on the entire industry.

Agreed. There is a lot of garbage out there. More of the passion seems to be moving away from AAA and into Indie - With the exception of Naughty Dog, CDPR, Santa Monica, Guerilla games, and a few others. Obsidian has a shot now to become a great organization with actual funding behind it with Microsoft so I am looking forward to seeing what they can do.

And the passion shows in the games - they go hand in hand.

• 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It seems like a lot of the AAA studios have been hiring people from mobile developers who obviously know nothing at all about making an actual game, but they sure are great as designing stuff to be just irritating enough to get people to spend money to make the annoyances go away without them being so overbearing that people quit playing completely. Welcome to your "games as a service" future.

That said, it doesn't seem like Take 2 learned much from their GTA Online money printing press, since they seem to have forgotten to put any hook in RDR Online at all.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
That said, it doesn't seem like Take 2 learned much from their GTA Online money printing press, since they seem to have forgotten to put any hook in RDR Online at all.

In GTA they had all kinds of vehicles to sell, RDR only has horses. The range of weapons is also far smaller, as is what they can do with property and clothing without going overboard.

RDR just isn't as good a setting to monetize.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I just got this and I think multiplayer would be a tacked on bonus extra for this game, the single player is the main event?

The controls and character movement are pretty clunky which I think is intentional to make it feel like the hard times of 1899, I don't want to use these controls fighting other people. In GTA the controls are much more user friendly which is fine set in the modern era.

spronk

FPS noob
It took me about 9 months to finish the GTA 5 campaign on PS4 playing a few hours a week and I really, really enjoyed that game/immersion/world/setting/characters. Doing the same with RDR 2, I'm only on chapter 3 still but play a few hours a week and really, really love everything - the world, the characters, the music, the art, the detail, the missions, etc. Sure the combat is balls but it doesn't really matter much in SP, I got the legendary satchel thing done (took about 15 hours with zero lookups of where shit is) so now I can carry 99 of everything and dead eye every fight, who gives a fuck if I have to down snake venom like I'm Freddie Mercury and its brazilian boy jizz.

dunno why the existence of online would stop you from playing/finishing SP (unless you hated it), the nice thing vs GTA 5 is the game loads relatively fast for me on X, it does take about 45 secs to go from title screen into moving Arthur but after that there are no loading screens ever which is great.

I keep an eye out on the 7sins forum for any massive AFK MP exploits involving money/XP but so far all of them involve you putting in hours farming pelts or shit like that. RDR Online is gonna get a massive update sometime in 2019 that will roll in a ton of new shit that will make it interesting, but just like GTA 5 is a massive world with a ton of shit to do, I really don't have any interest in doing any of it.

Last edited:

Jive Turkey

Karen
dunno why the existence of online would stop you from playing SP

It's more that it was an interruption from SP and left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Whereas before I would turn off SP after hours and look forward to picking it up again, I left Online without that feeling and I was already far removed from SP, so I just kinda forgot about it. It wasn't intentional and I'll get back to it eventually

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I'm just a couple trophies away from platinum on RDR2, but I'm gonna approach the last few more casually than I did the first lot. Fortunately someone's made lists of the easiest gold story missions so that'll take care of single player, then I just gotta grind to rank 50 in online and form a persistent posse.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I'm really confused by how a buddy of mine has spent his entire time playing online since it was available and tells me I'm an idiot for not playing it, how it's so much more than GTA, and how I have no idea what it's all about.

Mmmokay dude.

• 1Worf

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just finished chapter 6. Arthur deserved better, fucking Micah.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 2Solidarity