Red Dead Redemption 2

Fippy Darkpaw

Molten Core Raider
If they added more melee weapons they'd need a much better melee combat system. The punching and dodging is fine for as few times as I was forced to use it, but no way that shit would fly if any decent chunk of the fighting was melee.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Imagine if they transplanted this game to like ancient China, with heavy bow use instead of guns, and many more melee weapons. Would be incredible, they could carbon copy this model to almost any time frame and make it work.
I seriously want to see more historical games made with this game's general design philosophy--almost any setting, really. Between GTA and RDR (and hell, let's toss LA Noir into the mix), it seems like Rockstar has a thing for...let's call it 'Americana', I guess. Based on that, I find myself picturing them doing a game based on the frontiersmen and longhunters of the 18th and early 19th century--think Daniel Boone and Davy Crocket. So, flintlock weapons, exploring lands almost untouched by American settlement, probably playing up the survivalist elements a little more than RDR2.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Imagine if they transplanted this game to like ancient China, with heavy bow use instead of guns, and many more melee weapons. Would be incredible, they could carbon copy this model to almost any time frame and make it work.
Grand Theft Vikings... you commandeer boats and pillage towns. Plenty of opportunity for storytelling, backstabbing, snooping castles, assassinating kings, fucking their daughters. Like Assassin's Creed dreams it could be, but more adult oriented. Instead of 30-45 minutes of horseback, it's 3-6 weeks on water. Yeah, that sounds like enticing gameplay. /s

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
While on this topic, what would be everyone's preferred next Rockstar setting? I was thinking early 20th century UK, Peaky Blinders-type setting might be solid.

Although I love the GTA's (and the quality they have with all of their games), after RDR's two games, going back to a one-off GTA feels like it could be pretty underwhelming. Sort of hoping for an entirely new project from them.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I was thinking a Rockstar treatment of WWI or WWII after playing the larger scale gunfight missions in RDR2.

Back when playing RDR1, I was dreaming of the same game set at the tail end of the samurai era in Japan, since so many Westerns and samurai movies share the same themes. Basically the Rockstar version of Way of the Samurai.

Brad2770

New update today for online. Not sure how much will be added as they have not updated their twitter or homepage.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This is dead. Good solid single player - I will never touch Multiplayer again. If they fix HDR I would go back and replay the story again.

• 1Like

Brad2770

This is dead. Good solid single player - I will never touch Multiplayer again. If they fix HDR I would go back and replay the story again.

Yeah, I’m afraid so. GTAO is still too strong. I saw RDR2 on sale on PS+ for 10% off. I don’t think GTA5 saw a price reduction for at least 3 years after its release.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, GTA V just had fake sales where the game was still full price but you got one of their retarded Shark cards for "free" with it.

As for HDR, I wouldn't hold my breath on that ever getting fixed. Maybe in a patch that coincides with the PC release, whenever the hell that is, but even then I wouldn't be surprised if it's still untouched (given how shitty PC HDR hardware and Windows implementations are in general, there's really not much incentive to work on it).

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, GTA V just had fake sales where the game was still full price but you got one of their retarded Shark cards for "free" with it.

As for HDR, I wouldn't hold my breath on that ever getting fixed. Maybe in a patch that coincides with the PC release, whenever the hell that is, but even then I wouldn't be surprised if it's still untouched (given how shitty PC HDR hardware and Windows implementations are in general, there's really not much incentive to work on it).

Well, aside from if someone gets a wild hair up their keester and files a class action against Rockstar for fake HDR and essentially false advertising. I have seen stranger things happen. I would guess they fix it pretty quickly if that happens. With that said, if Rockstar gets away with placing SDR in an HDR range and calling it HDR, knowing the shady of this industry I wouldn't be surprised if others followed suit.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
My fake-4k projector arrives on Thursday. I plan on firing this up again to complete single player (stopped at chapter 3) in 4k mode without HDR. (Projectors need brightness, so I didn't want HDR anyway)

New Product: Epson Pro Cinema 4050 4K PRO-UHD

Edit: I didn't buy this at MSRP. A huge fraction off MSRP, cheaper than the 4010 even.

Last edited:

Brad2770

Logged in to check out was added. Decided to do the “if the hat fits” mission. Stuck in loading screen. Closed app and tried again. Stuck in loading screen. Logged off.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone playing online still? Guess it is out of beta today with a huge patch to go along with it

Brad2770

I’ll log on this weekend to play poker and win other people’s money. I hope there isn’t a cap to rob people.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Interested as well. Division 2 was fun but the game is dead once you get Tier 5.

Hoping they do something with RDR2

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Online poker in a saloon is worth it by itself :) troll city !

• 1Like