Red Dead Redemption 2

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I watched Cletus a bit, looks like it is still that terribad radial interface? And the press and hold stuff ugh.

Someone will do a UI mod eventually I guess.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I love fiber... I had potato net for so long.
1573000803583.png

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Played it for about an hour this morning , had to stop cuz life. Cocksukerstar(tm) patched it and now the motherfucker just crashes. Fucking launcher. Fucking fuck fuck fuck.

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
I followed their crash instructions. Updated the card. Nope not that. Turning off AVG worked though.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I followed their crash instructions. Updated the card. Nope not that. Turning off AVG worked though.

I played all day yesterday. When i first started to walk into Valentine I kept crashing as I turned onto the main drag.

If you go down to the bottom of the graphics options, there's an option settings section you have to toggle on. In there is a place you can downscale and upscale the overall graphics from. Use that and set it to like .9% or so see if the game doesn't become more stable for you.

Haven't read where or what your crash is just that worked for me I ran 60 fps at 1080p all day yesterday and could ramp it up to 1440p if I wanted to roll around at 40fps with no crashes

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
My problem is that the game keeps stuttering as my comps fan switches gears up and down if that makes any sense. Maybe It's time to vac the case again.

Edit: Has nada to do with fan speed.

Last edited:

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
You know you can buy it straight from Rock Star right? No need to avoid Epic if that's what you're up to.

Tidalwave

Trakanon Raider
Rockstar launcher is causing some of the problems. Buying from Epic still makes you run the rockstar launcher.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
My problem is that the game keeps stuttering as my comps fan switches gears up and down if that makes any sense. Maybe It's time to vac the case again.

Edit: Has nada to do with fan speed.

Try cranking down the resolution with the method i suggested.

I've had this running for two straight days stable. I have a kinda mediocre brand 2060 that always runs hot and runs about 3 degrees hotter for this than most titles, but it runs a solid55-60 fps at 1080p with most every setting on high by turning that one resolution setting down to .9%

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
Definitely a huge increase in stability by reducing quality. Ah well.

It's pretty fun!

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've played a bit over 6 hours now, no issues at all at 3440

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Only issues im having is netcode related. Im in the country and have great internet but it can hiccup every couple hours. Most games will lag or momentarily freeze then come back. Rdr does this 1/5 times, the other four it strait up disconnects me even if its a 10 millisecond hiccup.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Vulkan api seemed to be giving me the frame stuttering in some scenes involving npcs, like the story train heist part, or the robbing the shop keeper scene in the benchmark, switched to dx12 and cleared it all up. Still crashing in some town areas, twice in valentine, and once when I rode into town for micahs quest, heard a lot of others crash in valentine as well, hope they fix that shit soon. Also bugged out on the horse quest in online, had to restart to get it working properly again, then got infinite load screen for online today. Meh..