Red Dead Remaster Rumor Mongering Thread

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
trailer is thursday, the announcement image only mentions PS4 and xbox one however no PC port. Guess we'll find out more thursday, I can't imagine NOT having a pc port but it could be like GTA5 where the PC version is 6-12 months later.

RDR on xbone is the 360 version running under BC emulation, it works great though and runs 60 fps solid. If you have an xbone definitely grab it when its on sale, you have a year to play it before RDR 2. You can also get a physical copy (360), pop it in, and play it

We never got a PC port of RDR either. The studio at Rockstar that does the Red Dead games never ports their games to PC anymore, and haven't since like some driving game over a decade ago.

So basically, don't hold your breath for a pc version. Maybe it'll happen, but the smart money bets against it at this time.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
With how well GTA V did on PC and continues to do, even when it's almost never highly discounted, I can't imagine they squander that opportunity, but who knows.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I mean Red Dead Redemption was begged for, had huge petitions for it to come to PC, would have probably outsold GTA V on PC, and definitely would have outsold GTA 4, but it didn't make a lick of difference.

That particular division of Rockstar simply does not port to PC anymore. That could always change, but I'm just saying don't get your hopes up.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Jihodj bumming me the fuck out. How awesome would a Westworld mod be. :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I already went through that years ago with RDR and hoping it would eventually, even a few years later, make its way to PC.

I gave up in the same way I've given up on GRRM finishing ASOIAF in our lifetimes.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
A friend of mine(former EQ guildmate) works for Rockstar San Diego. He created the animation system in RDR and is also working on RDR2. I've already whined to him on his Facebook about PC support and he just "liked" my comment. I think no response would have been better.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The only console system I've purchased in my adult life was specifically because of RDR (and I put a good amount of time into it), but I think I only got like 1 or 2 others games for it before I sold it like a year later... not sure if I want to pay 300-400 bucks for a game again. hrm

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
A friend of mine(former EQ guildmate) works for Rockstar San Diego. He created the animation system in RDR and is also working on RDR2. I've already whined to him on his Facebook about PC support and he just "liked" my comment. I think no response would have been better.

We will have PC support would have been a better response.

spronk

FPS noob
You can ask your friend if the rumor is true that the RDR code is a complete mess and thats the major reason why its never been remastered or ported to PC. Thats what a bunch of people have said in the past anyways, which is why 360 BC version is pretty awesome way to play. Although with the money they'd make I imagine even the cost of a remaster ($30-40m) would easily be recouped on release day, but they'd probably rather dedicate those resources to new games.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You can ask your friend if the rumor is true that the RDR code is a complete mess and thats the major reason why its never been remastered or ported to PC. Thats what a bunch of people have said in the past anyways, which is why 360 BC version is pretty awesome way to play. Although with the money they'd make I imagine even the cost of a remaster ($30-40m) would easily be recouped on release day, but they'd probably rather dedicate those resources to new games.

Yeah that came out of the Benzie lawsuit against the Rockstar. Sam Houser sought assistance in sorting out some playability issues with the camera movement, brightness/darkness issues in game and cut scenes, etc. The guy spent 2 months on it and assisted, and then everything was fine. So it really couldn't have been that big of a road block unless Benzie used specific tricks adjusted to fix the code based on the hardware of the 360 and PS3 which would have issues running on the PC. Afterward, Benzie thought he should get more of the royalties. Law suit currently pending. Benzie is out of his fucking mind. The dude took a 17 month leave (Paid by Rockstar) and in that time frame Rockstar determined him to be nuts. So off he went. Then this 150 million dollar lawsuit hit. Probably where all those rumors come from.

spronk

FPS noob

fucking hell that looks gorgeous

if they announce a Scorpio version I'd switch in a heartbeat

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Looks awesome. Day 1 without a doubt for Rockstar Games. I bought GTA 5 3 times (PS3, PS4, PC) and don't regret it at all.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Looks awesome. Day 1 without a doubt for Rockstar Games. I bought GTA 5 3 times (PS3, PS4, PC) and don't regret it at all.
Br00TCn.gif

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not buying a System for this game, Maybe it will do that garbage Windows Store thing.

But if a PC port comes over ill buy day 1.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Please be on PC, Please be on PC, Please be on PC!!!

It's not going to be on PC at launch, not after all that sweet double purchase cash they realized they could get after GTAV. Except PC version in 2018. Fuckers.

spronk

FPS noob
they did announce a "partnership" with Sony where PS4 will get some first access to "select online content"
Red Dead Redemption 2: PlayStation and Rockstar Games announce partnership

Its not exclusive, so similar to Division, Destiny, etc where PS4 gets some shit first and then xbox and maybe PC get it later. I wouldn't really be surprised by a PC release 6-12 months later, R* likes to take their time with PC ports and make sure its done right, plus there are going to be a ton of people (myself included) who will buy on console first and double dip on PC later. I don't mind, their games are good enough for me to be ok with it.