Ames_sl

shitlord
You guys kinda ruined my thread, I hope you're all happy
frown.png
smedydeal.gif

frown.png

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
OP is obviously long time player trying to discreetly recruit for server.

Also yes, they never run the queries to ban people so hacking is out of fucking control there.

If you enjoy EQ PVE but don't like the idea of having to be first to engage to experience raid content, or dislike being cock-blocked by people who share accounts / box and hold camps like Fungi down 24/7, then you'll enjoy Red99. If you're coming to Red99 to experience EQ PVP like it was in the olden days and run around PVPing non stop, then no, this server is not going to be for you.
I think thats re99 in a nutshell.

If you are like me, an old player from Rallos, the first thing that strikes you is that you lose xp if you die in pvp. No fun pvp for hours on end in Crushbone, Queynos hills, Blackburrow, Gfay, Etc... Most of the current population of Red99 does not understand this and will call you a "bluebie" for pointing this out.

If youd enjoy a "purple" server with 95% PVE with some pvp sprinkled on the side, go for it. If you are like me, and pvp is 95% you care about, spare yourself the waste of time and find a pvp game. The only reason i persevered is i thought maybe down the line they would see how bad this decision was, which was not to be.

This is as far from Rallos as can be without making the names blue.

Ames_sl

shitlord
I think thats re99 in a nutshell.

If you are like me, an old player from Rallos, the first thing that strikes you is that you lose xp if you die in pvp. No fun pvp for hours on end in Crushbone, Queynos hills, Blackburrow, Gfay, Etc... Most of the current population of Red99 does not understand this and will call you a "bluebie" for pointing this out.

If youd enjoy a "purple" server with 95% PVE with some pvp sprinkled on the side, go for it. If you are like me, and pvp is 95% you care about, spare yourself the waste of time and find a pvp game. The only reason i persevered is i thought maybe down the line they would see how bad this decision was, which was not to be.

This is as far from Rallos as can be without making the names blue.
Nilbog wanted teams and item loot. It was Rogean who made all the asshole decisions and shitted out what the server is currently.

Cwall_sl

shitlord
server is absolute dogshit

anyone still playing there either doesn't know what goes on or has a bad eq addiction

Rathar

<Bronze Donator>
I quit playing because Rogean opened the server and immediately took a multi month masturbation holiday to play starwars. He completely ignored the massive pile of Omfg you have to fix this things that built up and showed the playerbase exactly what they meant to him. Plus all that other BS folks have undoubtedly said.

Founding Fathers /gangsign

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
95% on OP being HM.

I actually might roll something here for fun, but last I remember, there was some oddity with a DLL that P99/R99 required you to run that had the potential to compromise personal info. Can anyone comment on what this is/was?

Peasant_sl

shitlord
95% on OP being HM.

I actually might roll something here for fun, but last I remember, there was some oddity with a DLL that P99/R99 required you to run that had the potential to compromise personal info. Can anyone comment on what this is/was?
The DLL looks for suspicious processes running the background on your computer (MQ, Harry Potter, Game Genie). It also takes a look at what programs are being run on other computers in your home network and nearby WIFI networks in case you think you are Kevin Mitnick going up against Shimomura and setup a separate Linux box. Linux being used anywhere on your home network is a definite red flag.

The DLL also checks the websites that you visit. Potential hackers in training are often identified by their google searches for macroquest, thottbot, and slashdot. Visting amazon.com and using a credit card to purchase Christmas presents? That's recorded in the rmt database to be cross referenced against the Richgirl / platlord / Amelinda fried marshmallow customer database.

If all this feels a little intrusive or has you worried, don't fret. Rogean has been playing Starwars for the past year and can't be bothered to keep Kithcor up let alone ban the hackers. From a practical standpoint, I view the DLL as more of a convenience feature to keep your home shipping address and billing information update to date for expedited fried marshmallow delivery just in time for the holidays.

Grimtoad

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
If I recall correctly, the DLL also has the capability to search for files (not just running processes) on your PC (in the context of the user running EQ).

Not much of a step from "searching for" to "uploading to". So, yeah. I'm not wearing a tin foil hat, I just have absolutely no reason to trust Rogean.

in case you think you are Kevin Mitnick going up against Shimomura
I actually met Shimomura once. He was very, very quiet, in an "if I wasn't working here, I'd probably BE Kevin Mitnick" kind of way.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
After playing EQMac for awhile I got a hankering for some pvp and gave red99 a go again for a day or two.

This was the result (GM Sirken's avatar on P99 forums is Agent Smith so you get the Meme)

Some dude was fearing my mobs (Something I was previously banned for at server launch) so I reported him.

ScumbagSirken.png

After the unjust ban was pointed out publicly his response?

ban.png

So let me get this right.

ScumbagSirken2.png

Of course can't let people know your banning people for no reason so.....

SCumbagSirken3.png

Guess the GMs really do shit on the server there lol.