Reddit is on fire

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wonder what scam she has lined up next? Dem lawsuits ain't gonna pay for themselves.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Pao is gonna sue Reddit for harassing her/him to the point that she/he was forced to resign.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Ultimately, the board asked me to demonstrate higher user growth in the next six months than I believe I can deliver while maintaining reddit's core principles.
Haha, Reddit isso fucked.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Ultimately, the board asked me to demonstrate higher user growth in the next six months than I believe I can deliver while alienating every single subreddit, one at a time.
FTFY, Ellen. Good jerb there.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If movies like the Rollerball remake have taught me anything, it is that you need to eliminate both the top and the successor. And never go Russian.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So whenDuffmanHuffman starts monetising the shit out of everything, are you still going to blame Pao?
No they will do the same thing they did to Poa that being blame the person in charge. That being Huffman.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
And then what?
No matter what Reddit is going the way of Digg. They will get enough money on the IPO to keep the company semi relevant for the next few years. Facebook is the Warcraft of the internet IPO. All of these others are star wars galaxies or enter the matrix. Good ideas....no market...ran poorly.

I guess this makes EQ MySpace...sorry guys.

radditsu

Once you make something free it is impossible to monetize it. Twitter does not make money..nor will it ever. If they want to make money. They need to monetize modifications to the site..admin tools... Or ease of use...from the beginning. Basically make a micro transaction based forum\site.

Siddar

And then what?
Then they will burn it to the ground just like they were about to do with Pao in charge. Reddit is on the edge of a cliff and dumping Pao is a last ditch effort to stop it from going over the edge. Most likely it will fail.

Siddar

The end goal for people that control reddit has always been to to IPO reddit for large amounts of cash not to actually make money by running reddit.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Once you make something free it is impossible to monetize it. Twitter does not make money..nor will it ever. If they want to make money. They need to monetize modifications to the site..admin tools... Or ease of use...from the beginning. Basically make a micro transaction based forum\site.
Theres plenty of money to be made from such things that have massive userbases like Reddit and Twitter, maybe not scrooge swim in a vault of gold coins mcduck money but plenty of money. The amount of personal information and ability to track habits/trends alone should easily pay the bills and then some.

radditsu

Theres plenty of money to be made from such things that have massive userbases like Reddit and Twitter, maybe not scrooge swim in a vault of gold coins mcduck money but plenty of money. The amount of personal information and ability to track habits/trends alone should easily pay the bills and then some.
Reddit is not Facebook and not even twotter. It has a user base but obviously the front end of Reddit will not make money..aka the AMA and how the sites work. Native advertising is a joke.. Especially if you frequent /circlejerk and the like. The only thing they have is the back end. And while it may keep then afloat it will not turn them a real profit. If you do not have the capital to develop and adapt in the market you will die... See AMD and its slow death. Hell I use a free Reddit app when I browse and I do not see one cockhair of an ad...and it runs better than the site. It's garbage that will lose a ton of old people and retirement funds money. I do not think Reddit gold makes the company enough to dig it out of the grave.

Sorry swapping my keyboard app and the typos suck.

PS the one honest thing from paos resignation letter is about the goals set to increase profits being untenable. The entire site is untenable.

spronk

FPS noob
now lets bring back fatpeoplehate

pao will run for office next as jeb bush's VP

its the true power of the internet, couldn't get kony in 2012 but we sure as hell can get a dumb bitch fired

also hahahttps://www.reddit.com/r/4chan"we have gone dark until our waifu, ellen pao, is reinstated as CEO"