Reddit is on fire

Smithiy_sl

shitlord
I really thought that was straight up illegal, no? Especially since he has her saying multiple times she's firing because of the cancer.
Not AFAIK, seems like he had gotten cancer the moment he got the job and hadn't been able to work for years while this was going on. From what it seems they decided, after a couple of years, to cut him loose, but not before providing him with his medical expenses paid for the next year until he could get another job.

Also if it's illegal, he needs proof, as Ellen Pao learned during her own lawsuit.

Fedor

<Banned>

wNzBhkv.png

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Do I want to know what reddit gold is?
You pay money for basically a subscription. Get some free goodies including 'gold' which you can 'gift' to other posts that you like. It's a bit like Tuconets but you pay money for the privilege of giving them out.

I *think*. I'm not a big redditor.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I gave away reddit golds to people who did minor photoshops for me in r/photoshoprequests and they completely lost their shit over it.

spronk

FPS noob
reddit.com: gold

basically it turns off ads on the site for you and a few other minor things. so you could buy gold at $4/each or just install adblock plus/ublock/ghostery

admins can give out unlimited gold to anyone they want, chicks who post their tits and vag on /r/gonewild and stuff get gilded a lot by admins and normal plebs. red pillers are probably pissed off at that part.

i wonder if dudes get gold from the naked dude sub reddits, or what about trannies...

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
chicks who post their tits and vag on /r/gonewild and stuff get gilded a lot by admins and normal plebs. red pillers are probably pissed off at that part.
Why would they care? The SJW hambeasts/white knights would be the outraged ones. Slut shaming is a primarily female activity.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I've been reading forums daily for 17 years now, starting with usenet and I have seen so many of them blow up like this (including FOH). It seems like admins always eventually decide that it is "their" site and forget that without the community it is worthless. It is possible to have a successful forum with moderation and rules but they have to be that way from the start. Trying to rein in a board after it has been "free speech" for several years is just about impossible without a mass exodus. I don't know what the opposite of a SJW is (AFF? Asshole Freedom Fighter?) but they can be every bit as big of a pain in the ass as the SJWs. I think you also need to have moderators that are really part of the community. If you pull up your top 10 posters, the 3 most popular ones should probably be your moderators. Somebody that is not a part of the community that everyone knows throwing their weight around is 100% guaranteed to cause a riot.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I've been reading forums daily for 17 years now, starting with usenet and I have seen so many of them blow up like this (including FOH). It seems like admins always eventually decide that it is "their" site and forget that without the community it is worthless. It is possible to have a successful forum with moderation and rules but they have to be that way from the start. Trying to rein in a board after it has been "free speech" for several years is just about impossible without a mass exodus. I don't know what the opposite of a SJW is (AFF? Asshole Freedom Fighter?) but they can be every bit as big of a pain in the ass as the SJWs. I think you also need to have moderators that are really part of the community. If you pull up your top 10 posters, the 3 most popular ones should probably be your moderators. Somebody that is not a part of the community that everyone knows throwing their weight around is 100% guaranteed to cause a riot.
So exactly what we have going on?