Reddit is on fire

Juvarisx

Florida
Haha coontown lives to fight another day.

spez comments on Let's talk content. AMA.

Subs like that will be reclassified to the following:

"Similar to NSFW, another type of content that is difficult to define, but you know it when you see it, is the content that violates a common sense of decency. This classification will require a login, must be opted into, will not appear in search results or public listings, and will generate no revenue for Reddit."

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Oh look. It started at 1pm.
Then no, you don't. PST means Pacific Standard Time. It's got a specific meaning of GMT - 8 hours. Over there on the left coast of America, they switch to daylight savings time in the summertime. At that point the time zone is called PDT, or Pacific Daylight Time. PDT has a specific meaning of GMT - 7 hours. So if it was really starting at 1 PM PST it would still be 30 minutes away.

GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) is also sometimes called Zulu time, or UTC (Universal Coordinated Time ... don't ask me why they swapped those last 2 letters) and does not change for daylight savings.

Here's a pretty good explanation
Time Zone

200_s.gif

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Oh, I guess we're going to get our ass all puckered because I could give a flying fuck less about the strict use of PST/PDT. Somehow I doubt anyone was confused about what I was trying to communicate.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
As long as we agree that technically, I was correct. The best kind of correct.

Jensae

Molten Core Raider
Ellen Pao was just a victim of trolls, as she says in herWaPo Op-Ed. (She seems to be a victim an awful lot)

I have just endured one of the largest trolling attacks in history. And I have just been blessed with the most astonishing human responses to that attack.

What happened to me while head of the popular online forum Reddit for the past eight months is important to consider as we confront the ways in which the Internet is evolving.
Good thing we have people like her around to lead the way and confront the trolls for the betterment of the Internetz!

Oh, and yes, "cleaning up of Reddit" is coming so Reddit can make some bank:

But to attract more mainstream audiences and bring in the big-budget advertisers, you must hide or remove the ugly.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Yeah. keep attacking current and former board members. There's no possible way that could backfire or anything.
smile.png

And for the "FREE SPEECH" crowd, here's a theory: Naive STEM-educated nerds create Reddit years ago, say it's all about Free Speech and then come back ten years later, older and wiser, and see what their policy hath created. Surprisingly enough it's not magically turned a techno-libertarian utopia with philosophers having well-reasoned and educated debates but is a generic unmoderated messageboard with some vile shit building up in the corners. Do they

a) Stick to their dogma despite being provided with ample evidence that it's failed.
2) Go "welp I guess I was wrong. Time to try and fix this".

?????
Why is your schtick around here to be so pro-censorship?

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It helps if you just ignore Itzena. He thinks he's hot shit around here for whatever reason. Dis Blizzard and you'll get him flustered though like the dickens.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Blizzard hasn't done shit since WoW, it's all been mediocrity pushed by their name. They will be bankrupt in 10 years easy

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Blizzard isn't a game company, it's an amusement transaction corporation!