Redfall (Vampires, Open World Co-Op Shooter)

Caliane

Another bizarre/bad design choice. 3 weapons at once... except its actually 40 in your backpack. why do I need to pause the game, fish through my backpack to equip other guns, when I run out of ammo for the "main" three?
or, staking vamps, who then pop for aoe blood mist damage..

Last edited:

Goonsquad Officer
lost me at the hot pinks and purples, that shit just blasts you in the face everywhere now

yuck
that's the bisexual coloring. it's how you know an artistic enterprise has been captured. time to move on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
why do I need to pause the game, fish through my backpack to equip other guns, when I run out of ammo for the "main" three?
Probably because you can't actually pause the game, since it's an always-online abomination (even though co-op is just about pointless the way they designed it). It's definitely annoying when you trigger a rook and don't have a stake launcher equipped though. Have to run and hide long enough to get it slotted, since the ammo capacity is ridiculously low and there's no reason to waste stakes on lesser vamps.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Rooks are simple to kill* and by just giving up against them you're not only losing 10% of your 'supplies' but also missing out on the best guaranteed source of loot. Even nests don't drop a gold item every time.

* - Freeze with UV, headshot with stake launcher.

Dev definitely seems best, and I don't even think it's remotely close having played Jacob a little and looked at the cringy DEI characters' skill trees.

Javelin will one-shot almost any vamp it hits directly or stun a group of both cultists and vamps if you throw it into the ground. Translocate is superior to Lift in every way and really only needs a single upgrade (the heal) ever. Blacklight freezes just about any vamp for a simple melee (stakethrower if boss) kill. Plus he has passives for a damage buff as soon as he's noticed by enemies, and another that lets him put vamps into stakeable state easier and it lasts longer.

UV hasn't been effective against the few times I've fought a Rook. Perhaps my UV projector is just shit, or do you run to a UV protected area?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
UV hasn't been effective against the few times I've fought a Rook. Perhaps my UV projector is just shit, or do you run to a UV protected area?

Probably because UV abilities are broken along with everything else in this pile of shit :p

Vorph

You can definitely freeze them with both UV guns and Dev's Black Light power. Use the aimed beam too, since rooks are pretty easy to target. I'd try not to let the UV gun get more than a level behind, maybe two if purple. That could definitely contribute to getting killed before it has time to freeze them.

Haven't tried using a UV area yet. Not sure if it would work since you generally want to be indoors to avoid the lightning. You farm rooks by triggering car alarms though, so maybe there's a good spot to do it where the rook would die so fast you don't get zapped to death. Like a spot on the second map that's similar to the one safe house on the first map where there's two alarmed cars right outside it.

Fadaar

That guy
I mean if youre gonna make a looter shooter, how bout making sure the shooting feels good first, then work on the rest. Just looking at that shit makes me laugh. Shit on Outriders and even the broken ass unfinished Anthem, but at least the shooting in those games felt good.

for the all the problems Destiny 2 has, the game has never felt bad to play. imo one of the best playing shooters of all time, up there with Doom/Eternal.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
For me, the most amusing part about this Redfall business (which I downloaded on Gamepass but deleted before playing - will go back if/when better) is that now somehow people are relying on FUCKING STARFIELD to "right the Xbox ship" and launch without being a buggy mess! STARFIELD! You know, a new IP with new tech from a company that has an absolutely stellar track-record of launching stable, performative games right out of the gate. Lol.

My coffee is just warming up.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
look how many people on this board bought it and didn't return it. Why we keep getting dogshit games.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
For some reason the game takes my TV out of game mode, which makes zero sense but it's the only one that does it, and after forcing it back on and changing some of the settings the input lag is significantly better.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
You can definitely freeze them with both UV guns and Dev's Black Light power. Use the aimed beam too, since rooks are pretty easy to target. I'd try not to let the UV gun get more than a level behind, maybe two if purple. That could definitely contribute to getting killed before it has time to freeze them.

Haven't tried using a UV area yet. Not sure if it would work since you generally want to be indoors to avoid the lightning. You farm rooks by triggering car alarms though, so maybe there's a good spot to do it where the rook would die so fast you don't get zapped to death. Like a spot on the second map that's similar to the one safe house on the first map where there's two alarmed cars right outside it.

I triggered a bunch of Rook storms last night and just lured him into a safehouse UV area whereupon he promptly got ganked.

For a game that is a co-op looter shooter the loot is just awful. Most of the parameters seem marginal at best.

pwe

I mean if youre gonna make a looter shooter, how bout making sure the shooting feels good first, then work on the rest. Just looking at that shit makes me laugh. Shit on Outriders and even the broken ass unfinished Anthem, but at least the shooting in those games felt good.
I played Outriders in co-op a year ago and it was fucking great. Maybe it improved after release.

Edit: BTW, I vaguely remember a ton of bugs :p Still great fun, though.

Vorph

For a game that is a co-op looter shooter the loot is just awful. Most of the parameters seem marginal at best.
That was pretty much the final straw for me. I think I've seen every legendary by now and there isn't a single one that's at all interesting. They mostly just have the same randomized stats as regular guns and aside from two of the pistols the only thing unique about them is the model (which can't be skinned or have its stake changed, so it's really more of a limitation than anything). Clacker has a special electric proc effect and Ambition lets you kill vamps without staking them... but pistols suck in general, so meh. Blue guns have 2 stats at X%, purple guns have 2 stats at 2*X%, and golds have 3 stats and the first one (always the same on that weapon, I think?) is 3X% and the other two are randomized 2*X%.

Also, there doesn't even appear to be gold guns in more than half the weapon types. I've only seen pistols, ARs, and shotguns, but not a single sniper, UV, stake, or flare gun. My guess is that they never got around to making unique models/skins for those guns and just said, 'oh well, half the game is broken and incomplete so maybe no one will notice...'

Last edited:

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Apparently there is an entire progression system that is baked into co-op play which tracks how you synergize with your buddies? Apparently the NPC AI makes more sense in co-op as well in terms of character focus and such. I'd try this out but I don't think I'll be able to pull my buddy away from Jedi: Survivor to try a game he knows has been written off as a disaster.

Caliane

Apparently there is an entire progression system that is baked into co-op play which tracks how you synergize with your buddies? Apparently the NPC AI makes more sense in co-op as well in terms of character focus and such. I'd try this out but I don't think I'll be able to pull my buddy away from Jedi: Survivor to try a game he knows has been written off as a disaster.
oh wow. I had noticed the "trust" achievements, but didn't know what it was referring too.

There’s a system called Trust that only appears in co-op sessions. Whenever players kill enemies together and complete missions, they will earn experience and increase their Trust level with each other. Increasing your Trust rating has several gameplay benefits that improve your combat effectiveness when you’re within range of each other, but your characters will also build a relationship as Trust increases. The more you play with someone, the more conversation your characters will have, and the better they’ll get to know each other.
so theres party banter.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Can confirm that everything in this world explodes. I almost wanna play it with my one buddy who perpetually thinks shooting explosives next to me is the funniest thing imaginable just to hear him jizz all over himself at the carnage possible in this mess.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
We just made it to the second area last night. It does have all kinds of problems, but we’ll probably keep playing until Diablo comes out.

They should start fixing this game by upping the difficulty. We have it set to the highest difficulty available before beating the game and it feels like we’re cheating because it’s so easy.