Refrigerators

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've had a maytag for a few years and it's done well except the ice maker fires ice like a blunderbuss. My gfs samsung sucks dick.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've had a maytag for a few years and it's done well except the ice maker fires ice like a blunderbuss. My gfs samsung sucks dick.

I got mine for 900 from home depot, surprisingly you can get some good deals on appliances by watching slickdeals

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I bought the cheapest Frigidaire I could find new, so did all my closest relatives. Those things all been working forever and go on silently until they suddenly shit the bed at which point you pay another $400 for another brand new one and then you're set for another 20+ years. Meanwhile everyone I know who had some fancier models between $1000-3000, be it french doors, ice or water dispenser, etc all have some gripe about their refrigerator. It's one of the those things where I now believe the simplest possible model is the best to buy.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
If they sold models that had the water filter and dispenser but no ice maker, I'd be all over it. Icemaker is always the problem equipment and I can make my own damn ice trays no problem.

Warrian

╰⋃╯ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
I have the Samsung fridge with french doors/middle drawer/bottom freezer for over 2 years now and haven't had a single problem with it. I love that fridge.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've had a Sumsung for about 10 years. Really like it, have one with the bottom freezer and it fits me. Maybe I'm lucky. Of course I still have a refrigerator that works at the camp with the compressor on bottom like this one.... I've had it for 30 years and it still works every time I go to the camp.

7559abb0d9ee4c78af6a7cfcdd2751d4.jpg

splorge

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have owned a Hitachi Solfege 3 door fridge for the last 8 years and have nothing but good things to say about it. Its extremely energy efficient, well built, the ice maker works flawlessly, the temperature is uniform and unwavering.

rrr_img_98006.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just bought this one from Costco. $1300 delivered and old POS taken. LG LSXS26326S, it has pretty good reviews around the net.

rrr_img_99706.jpg

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have a Maytag I'm fairly happy with still. It is maybe 4 years old with no problems. On ocassion the ice maker will stick and I have to basically just unclog the ice with my finger. Has happened maybe 4 times. Only takes 5 minutes to fix it. I'm still not completely sold on the french door / bottom freezer design. It looks nice but having basically two huge buckets for your frozen food seems a bit strange. Luckily we eat hardly any frozen food but I could see having the rummage around to find the shit you actually want if you have a large family.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Take this with a grain of salt, as it's completely second hand information, but...

So my dad had to have a repair man out to fix his Samsung refridgerator(french door, bottom freezer). The thing is less than 5 years old and this is the 3rd major repair already.

He's shooting the shit with the repair man while he's working and the repair guy(who works on all brands, not just Samsung) tells him that basically most refrigerators are shit nowadays. 30 years ago, any company that made major appliances in the united states was required to also make replacement parts for 15 years for any model of appliance. In recent years that law was reduced to 7 years, and foreign-made appliances are completely exempt, they don't have to make ANY replacement parts(most do make some parts, but not everyone makes all parts needed for possible repairs)

So he said that the only refrigerator brand still made in the US and subject to that ordinance is Whirlpool. Every other fridge is manufactured outside of the US and they may or may not offer replacement parts if something breaks. He said he sees 2 or 3 year old $3000 refrigerators going off to the landfill all the time because you can't get a replacement part for what broke on them.

I don't know how accurate that info is, could have just been some old jaded repair man spewing crap, but if it's even partially true, that blows.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Had a side by side Whirlpool for a couple years and never had a single problem with it. The water filter was about $30-35 off Amazon, but was just a couple people in the house, so it didn't need replaced very often.

Whirlpool all the way! Do it!~

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Man Maytag used to be the shit. I have a 30 year old Maytag washer that still runs like a champ to this day. Although I do need to level its legs because it's a little off balance and the agitator is so fucking powerful it shakes my entire house. Thing is beast.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Fucking lol Picasso. I've been very happy with all my new Maytag appliances. The only problem I have is the fridge does not have an ice dispenser so much as it has an ice trebuchet.