Reigniting Patriotism- A practical guide to helping others.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
The world is dominated by "Western" culture. Nations tend to demonize other nations. There seems to be a direct correlation between how many Russians hate Americans, and the re-emergence of the Russian identity. The stronger people self-identity with their own nation, the less favorably they feel about others.

There's nothing wrong about unity, but stopping at national borders is insufficient. We need to realize that we're all on the same boat... We float or sink, together.

If they hate us, maybe instead of demonizing them for wanting to be great, we can understand the cold war ended. Communism failed, and we have been antagonistic towards their broken economy since then.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
The world is dominated by "Western" culture. Nations tend to demonize other nations. There seems to be a direct correlation between how many Russians hate Americans, and the re-emergence of the Russian identity. The stronger people self-identity with their own nation, the less favorably they feel about others.

There's nothing wrong about unity, but stopping at national borders is insufficient. We need to realize that we're all on the same boat... We float or sink, together.
Hello. Picture is me.

33d3839c662b18f631d732f38f2c6d3c.jpg

I am #2 Russian man in entire world. As professional Russian, I tell you we are having no hate for americanskis. Simply love Russia. All we are wanting is for Russia to being great once more. Putin make Russians proud to being Russian. I am hoping that comrade Trump can be doing same for America. Being of patriotism is good. People should be having feelings of proud of their nation. To be loving of self is not same thing as being of hate for others.

Please be voting Trump so our great nations can being great together again. Thank you.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
We need to realize that we're all on the same boat... We float or sink, together.

There are large groups who think 'the boat' should stay some wooden piece of shit from 400 A.D. they need to be exterminated. They are taking up resources and running down the clock. Preventing us from following Tim Leary's S.M.I2.L.E. ( Space Migration, Increased Intelligence, Life Extension) model. This place is a shithole, and there is no undoing it, time to flush it and head out to a new place. Tabula Rasa, play a new game with smarter rules on a new board.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
patriotism is fine but i can't get behind being "proud to be an american", unless you served in the military or public office you didn't really do shit

View attachment 30164

We worked and paid taxes and voted and protested to make progress. I love George Carlin but as I get older I just disagree with this sentiment more and more. My dad didn't serve in the military. He's still produced more value than Abdullah could produce in 500 lifetimes, because he lives and works here and not in a fucking shithole like Saudi Arabia.

The immigrants who move here and become Americans should be especially proud.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
We worked and paid taxes and voted and protested to make progress. I love George Carlin but as I get older I just disagree with this sentiment more and more. My dad didn't serve in the military. He's still produced more value than Abdullah could produce in 500 lifetimes, because he lives and works here and not in a fucking shithole like Saudi Arabia.

The immigrants who move here and become Americans should be especially proud.

America has made a sport out of self flagellation. There is nothing wrong with critique and trying to keep things evolving. But like a bad employee, there comes a time where all you are doing is complaining and nothing is good enough. Americans have become like that employee, and the way to improve our relationship is to start seeing the good and talking about it. Patriotism isn't being blind to the problems, it's understanding the good far, far outweighs the bad. I think you get that, good post Seb.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The pedo dads are helping with girl scouts.

The straight dads are helping with soccer and volleyball.

The straight teachers are helping with yearbook, band and any club that involves trips. Drama club can go either way.
Man, I wanted to do boy scouts when my kid gets older. Now I have to be a soccer dad?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Man, I wanted to do boy scouts when my kid gets older. Now I have to be a soccer dad?

How many people do you think you're fooling here? We know you're already collecting camping gear.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I won't lie. I've only pitched a tent once in the past 5 years.

Gotta move this to a thread where you can get some help. The question is, which one? Marriage, Girls who broke your heart, or Johnny's whoring thread?

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Gotta move this to a thread where you can get some help. The question is, which one? Marriage, Girls who broke your heart, or Johnny's whoring thread?
Go marriage for the Khane advice, he'll have you giving it anal, to a crazy chick, before kicking her out of your Challenger while doing 30mph.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
The cheapest form of pride is national pride; for the man affected therewith betrays a want of individual qualities of which he might be proud, since he would not otherwise resort to that which he shares with so many millions. The man who possesses outstanding personal qualities will rather see most clearly the faults of his own nation, for he has them constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool, who has nothing in the world whereof he could be proud, resorts finally to being proud of the very nation to which he belongs. In this he finds compensation and is now ready and thankful to defend, … all the faults and follies peculiar to it.

I just want to echo the collective wretch and gag that this caused.

You can change and morph a nation. You cannot change or morph a genetic origin or a dogma. This is seriously dim witted self hating dreck.

Woolygimp

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Raised in the South, and was taught to be proud of it and its history. All I really see are massive amounts of industrial plants, high cancer rates, lowest quality of life in the United States, corruption you would not believe, and the religious fanatics who defend it all like it's a duty. Don't get me started on our history. There are people who are proud of it all because when they look at the same industrial plants, instead of seeing the negative characteristics, they see wealth, jobs, and progress. Life is very much how we view of the world, and it takes a lot of self inflection to really challenge the core principles that you were raised with.

People love to say that soldiers die defending freedom, but were they really defending the way of life of people like this?

One of the biggest misconceptions is that the United States fights humanitarian wars. We don't. We love to say that we do, but we don't, no nation does. They fight them out of self interest, and then attach selfless reasons like humanitarianism to make them more tolerable... WW2 wasn't fought to save Jews, it was fought on economic grounds. If Japan had won WW2, they'd have made a big deal about the internment camps and said they were fighting it out of a sense of duty to protect Japanese people around the globe.

The only way to really avoid conflict in an era which one war could mean not only the end of our way of life, but life itself, is to really challenge the notion of these black and white wars, and take a step back to try to understand why both nations are willing to send so many people off to die.

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Ahh, the old I don't like my town, so every War fought in the last 75 years is unjust defense. Good point Woolygimp.

Woolygimp

Ahh, the old I don't like my town, so most wars (in human history) years are unjust defense. Good point Woolygimp.

FYP. Most of these "defensive" wars involved sending troops inside other sovereign borders, often thousands of miles from their home.

I'm not critiquing our nation, but the concept of nationhood itself. The Japanese thought Pearl Harbor was a defensive act almost as much as we think that defending Pearl Harbor was a defensive act.

How can you rationalize that?

Woolygimp

People need to find enemies. Conflict is in our biology. It gives meaning to our lives, I guess? I think it's probably genetic, but everytime people group up, they find another group to demonize. Even the "peaceful" hippies are basically breaching International Law by attacking Japanese Maritime Whaling vessels.

Our only real chance to survive as a species is to throw off this guise and instead group up as a world to tackle the very real threats to our existence, which we've chosen to ignore, and will only multiply as we progress. As technology progresses, so will our ability to destroy ourselves, so we have to squash these self-destructive tendencies or realize we have no future.

Woolygimp

Yeah. Nuclear warfare doesn't have the capability to render our planet un-fit for human life for 100 years, right?

Super-lethal viruses that could wipe out billions of people have been accidentally created by one person in a laboratory. As we progress technologically, so will our ability to kill others, and ourselves. Are you really debating that?

You disbelieving the science behind climate change does not render my point moot.

Woolygimp

Wait, what? Source?

Seriously? Do you know anything about the 30's-40's? Sanctions and embargoes traditionally have been 'acts of wars' and we've been using them against other nations for decades. The Japanese were being strangled by the oil embargo in 1941, so in their minds the United States had already started the war, they just hadn't started shooting.

Why else would a nation bomb the shit out of a military base, then withdraw? That makes no sense from a strategic perspective as all you're doing is drawing another nation into a war, with no benefit.