Remakes: What would you like to see?

Blide_sl

shitlord
First one that comes to my mind is Herzog Zwei. The game has a really interesting mechanic that I'm honestly surprised hasn't been duplicated elsewhere.

EDIT: Just googled the game and apparently the spiritual successor was released on Steam last month... I was kind of surprised to see that. It's some FTP game called AirMech. I'm going to check it out this weekend to see if it's any good.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Zombies ate my neighbors. I guess dead rising would be kinda close to an updated version of it.

Earthbound. No rpg out there has really hit that same silly, dumb, subtle humor and all around fun that this game had. It was like the blues brothers of rpg's. Goofy and Epic at the same time.

Kings Field. I guess demon's souls captures the lonely exploration style these games had, but with a combat system 1,000 times better. Both made by the same company too.

Chrono Trigger/ Chrono Cross

Secret of Evermore/ Secret of Mana/ Seiken Densetsu 3. Really really liked these game. Secret of Evermore had my attention for a good long while.

A new Ogre Battle game. I have the psp version of Tactics Ogre. This game world is pretty huge and only a small portion of it has really been utilized. That and there are a great deal of awesome characters to draw from.

I guess I would like to see sequels or remakes for these. Don't really care.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
X-wing vs Tie Fighter wasn't even that great of a game when compared to Tie Fighter itself, which was just plain amazing. Tie Fighter wasn't just an amazing game, but had one of the best stories of any game ever.

I would like to see Baldur's Gate remade for real, sure. System Shock definitely. The first Deus Ex definitely.

Chrono Trigger is probably my favorite game of all time but I wouldn't want to see it remade ever, it holds up on its own. FF6 could be remade but SquareEnix could not afford to do it justice. It would probably take the resources of 5 modern FF games to remake it as a fully modern game while keeping the huge open world aspect and other gameplay elements the same.

I'm pretty sure there IS a Rise of the Triad remake in the works, but that game was terrible anyway. Awesomely terrible but still terrible. A Hexen remake would be awesome but I think if you tried to remake it you would end up just making a much better game. That game really wasn't that good so much as it was a unique idea that could be done so much better today.

Homeworld deserves a modern remake or a spiritual successor so badly that it's not even funny. Syndicate remake would be great. X-com was basically remade, and came out wonderfully, but a mod to make it into a truer remake would certainly be welcome.

I don't even know if remaking Daggerfall would count as a remake, since that game never really worked the first time. I've never seen a game with more gamebreaking bugs, I'm shocked anyone ever finished it.

PS: Fuck, an Alpha Centari remake is still a must. Molyneux is making a next-gen Populus style game so maybe that will also be good.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
First one that comes to my mind is Herzog Zwei. The game has a really interesting mechanic that I'm honestly surprised hasn't been duplicated elsewhere.

EDIT: Just googled the game and apparently the spiritual successor was released on Steam last month... I was kind of surprised to see that. It's some FTP game called AirMech. I'm going to check it out this weekend to see if it's any good.
You are awesome. This game is kinda sweet.

Caliane

2d metroid, 2d zelda.

heretic/hexen haha. yeah. 3rd person fantasy shooter.

adventures of Lolo (there are just a goldmine of NES puzzle games that should be copied remade for handhelds.)

Ultima:underworld
Wizardary 11?

Out of this World, done by the Trine team.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
A modern reboot of Star Control 2.

I think others have covered the other things I would like, like a real Genesis/SNES Shadowrun follow-up (hoping the Kickstarter comes through) & FF7 where the char sprites don't look like polygons vomited on a screen.

Flunkle, someone already re-did Myst in a 3-D engine. It's called Real Myst and it is on GOG, maybe Steam as well.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'd like to see a lot of the old Classic NES/SNES/Genesis/GameBoy/etc of the 8-bit and 16-bit genre updated with a little more polish (high quality SNES level, nothing new gen), and released in $2 form for download to XBLA, PSN, and Steam all with (naturally) controller support.

xrg

Golden Squire
I liked how they handled Megaman Powered Up, and would like to see them continue them with the rest of the Megaman Classic series. Blaster Master is what I think should be an easy one, but for some reason every time they revisit that IP they fuck it up really bad.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Final Fantasy 6 and 7, Crono Trigger, A Link to the Past, Killer Instinct, Descent, Secret of Mana. Graphical versions of door games like Trade Wars, Usurper, LoRD with updated mechanics/etc since the time limited/moves per day wouldn't really work too well if ported exactly.

All I can think of off the top of my head. Most of the SNES games still hold up well, but it'd be nice to see them with much better sprites or 3d models similar to the DS remake of FF4 or Dragon Quest games.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Damn Balroc, bringing up The Haunting. I played the shit out of that game scaring the fuck out of people with mutant vacuum cleaners and shit and blowing them up with boodoo or w/e that shit was.

EVO I also played back in college on an emulator. Absolutely deserving of a modern remake. Go get an emulator and play that shit right now if you haven't.

I was also actually blesed enough to play Rise of the Triad back in the dial up days with friends. Direct hits with the fire wall missle was the best of times.

Mutant League Football on Genesis was amazing, the Mutant League Hockey was good too.

Thought I was the only person out there that ever heard of this shit. I knew I posted here for a reason.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
A true Fallout 2 sequel not some fps bullshit (that was decent but was no Fallout).

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
Just about any Ultima, but Ultima 7 was my favorite. I'd love to see a true remake of the whole Ultima series.

Except 9, fuck 9.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
TIE-Fighter-Cover.jpg

Search your feelings, you *know* it to be true!

TIE-Fighter-Cover.jpg

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Trying to have a calm Friday here, can't be riling me up with that box art man.

Where the fuck is Battlefront 3? Wasn't 2 a cash cow?

Just about any Ultima, but Ultima 7 was my favorite. I'd love to see a true remake of the whole Ultima series.

Except 9, fuck 9.
I'd like to see Ultima 8 remade. I think it could have actually been a good game if we hadn't gotten a half-finished hunk of ass. When I imagined UO before it came out, it looked like Ultima 8.