Remakes: What would you like to see?

Bacon_sl

shitlord
original_image.png

^ My initial reaction to reading some of these awesome suggestions... seriously. Having been one that contributed textures for the Dark Forces 1&2 mods, that would be high on my list as well. Anyone else think Starfox deserves an update? Maybe I'm out of the loop, but for such a once iconic character, I've only seen him in racing or fighting games lately. I'd like to see Earthbound too, don't give me too much shit for it.

monotone17_sl said:
FF7 Keep the game damn near exactly what is was with updated graphics. I am leaning no on voice acting. Bump up the difficulty and throw in an optional dungeon.
You can update FF7 or FF8 graphics/difficulty if you own the PC versions. I know Square re-released FF7 PC this August for digital download. The modding community is pretty active, considering how old the game is.
http://forums.qhimm.com/

Siliconemelons

Indeed FF7 PC looked good, even back when it was released- mostly because it got rid of any giant pixle-ism (plauged 8!) and jagged lines... but it crashed @ returning to golden saucer less you had the EXACT OS it was made for...i think win95? or 98... glad to see it got fixed and released again... will have to check the mods out.

remake of illusions of gia would be money

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Star Control (Mass Effect didn't count)
Tex Murphy (In the works)
Space Quest (In the works)
True Ultima, Wizardry, or Might and Magic sequel (ie same team, not this new bullshit)
Wing Commander (In the works, new IP)
Privateer
7th Guest
Sentinel Worlds
Zork
Tie Fighter

I'll think of more

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Don't believe anyone has said this yet, even though Star Citizen may claim to be similar.

FREELANCER. Old as fuck yet still one of the best games I've played.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
A modern reboot of Star Control 2.

I think others have covered the other things I would like, like a real Genesis/SNES Shadowrun follow-up (hoping the Kickstarter comes through) & FF7 where the char sprites don't look like polygons vomited on a screen.

Flunkle, someone already re-did Myst in a 3-D engine. It's called Real Myst and it is on GOG, maybe Steam as well.
Someone already did a kinda reboot of Star Control 2 I think... Space Pirates and Zombies?

Sterling

El Presidente
Wasteland updated would be pretty sweet. Played the shit out of that back when I had my sweet Tandy 1000.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Not exactly a remake, but I would love a new entry in the Arc the Lad series. I guess remaking the original trilogy wouldn't be bad either.

A new Lunar would be nice too.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Wasteland updated would be pretty sweet. Played the shit out of that back when I had my sweet Tandy 1000.
The original devs have made a kickstarter for Wasteland 2 and it was already financed, they collected like 3millions to finance it.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
River City Ransom
Streets of Rage
Dark Wizard
Shining Force 1 and 2
Legaia
Legend of Dragoon

What I don't want to see is remakes of certain games that the graphics of those games are part of the character and charm of the game.

For example, my favorite games ever are Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears and Final Fantasy 4. I go back and replay these games every 6-12 months. FF4 has been remade/rereleased multiple times, including once on the DS with polygonal graphics, but when I want to play the game I always go back to the original because my nostalgia is largely tied to the original graphics, character sprites, even errors in the game. I would hate for there to be a Xenogears or FFT remake because I feel the same about both of those. So much of what makes classic all time great games would be taken away in a remake.

This even holds true for a lot of games I wouldn't put on my "all time favorites" list, but really enjoyed. I wouldn't want to see a remake of Secret of Mana or Secret of Evermore. Wouldn't want to see a remake of L:SSS. Wouldn't want the breath of fire games touched either.

Off topic: Did anyone have Sega TV/Channel when they were a kid? It just popped into my head and brought some seriously heavy nostalgia with it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Off topic: Did anyone have Sega TV/Channel when they were a kid? It just popped into my head and brought some seriously heavy nostalgia with it.
I remember being a kid and wanting that so bad. I made my mom go to the local cable company every week and ask when we were getting it. Our town never got it, but thinking about it now that shit must've been so expensive..

Silver Knight of the Realm
WTB Remake of Sid Meyer's Pirates. I know it's available on iOS but it's shitty with touch controls bros.

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ogre Battle
Final Fantasy Tactics & Vandal Hearts (not the lame XBLA version)
Magestorm
Quake 3 (Q4 was so shitty)
*cough* EQ *cough*