Remakes you wouldn't mind

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I'd love to see Roots remade in 2022. Maybe try to modernize it though. Make the slaves be maskless normies and the slavers could be triple masked Karens.

MV5BNTg1Yjk5OGQtMDI1Yy00NjFiLTkwZjctNTMwM2ExNDg4NDhjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_.jpg

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The couple of remakes I'd like to see are more in the TV series realm, but I suppose they could have movie lead-ins since they did originally.

The Dead Zone: Would like to see a TV series or a movie remaking this story. It got both in the past (they were independent of each other and told essentially the same story). The series got almost no attention though. There is a TON you could do with this concept, especially with a show. The guy can go around helping different people in each episode, ala Quantum Leap, culminating in his biggest task which is stopping the evil Senate candidate. Then again, I'd expect this concept to be butchered in this day and age and probably be made all about Trump, when the evil candidate should be politically ambiguous so everyone can project onto them. Also, a movie or show about killing a politician probably wouldn't fly anymore.

Highlander: I'd like to see a movie remake of this that LEADS into a TV series, maybe 3 seasons of 10 episodes each or something. The original movie was good, but I loved the TV series based on it. The movie was final but it didn't need to be, and the series retconned it to be just "a major battle" rather than "the final battle" so that the show could exist and continue the story. In the modern era, this story could be told even better. I'd cast Jason Momoa as the lead, as I think he'd be a TREMENDOUS Duncan Macleod. Or if we're going with Connor Macleod, I'd go with Michael Fassbender. If we go with Duncan, which I think we should, Fassbender could also play Methos instead, for that matter. I'd have the movie/show revolve around the lead character and Methos so that we can have flashbacks for both of them (Methos' history goes back a lot further and is more Middle East / Mediterranean while Connor/Duncan are more Western Europe and the Americas). The movie can be them dealing with Kurgan, then the show can be a pseudo-retelling of the original series that sorta remakes all of its best episodes/arcs while adding a lot of new content, especially where Methos is concerned. Show culminates with the Four Horsemen arc in the back half of Season 3 and the fight against Kronos.