Remakes you wouldn't mind

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
World War Z, but as a HBO miniseries akin to Band of Brothers.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Shindler's List but Shindler is a black lesbian and the Jews are of all races.

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
World War Z, but as a HBO miniseries akin to Band of Brothers.

Only if they are going to actually use the book and not just the title ....

Also not let the GOT clowns write a new ending

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Hellraiser movies done with todays tech and a big budget.

1643629310757.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well if you are gonna go there, I would like to see these two get the same treatment.

A1vPYH3nFi35EulkxQ7nhn40cya.jpg

738329235376.jpg
it wouldnt be the same without the real Tall Man
as a kid, he was the only scary part of that movie, the rest was hilarious. it had fucking jawas in it. was anyone ever scared of jawas?
iu

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
This is gonna be controversial because so many people adore the original like I do but: Big Trouble in Little China.

Big Trouble in Little China was originally written as a horror western movie, a sub-genre called Weird West. It was so bonkers for the 80's that it went through a few rewrites until it was overhauled into the modern era and the comedic movie we got. It was based in San Francisco in the 1880's and Jack Burton was this haunted gunslinger following an ancient evil that sailed into town. It had a lot of the Chinese mysticism and it had Lo Pan as this ancient Chinese Dracula-ish demon-king that needed a jade-eyed girl to sustain his immortality.

If done up like a modern gothic-horror western, it would be absolutely badass with modern technology.

Grez

Trakanon Raider
Terminator 3. Scrapping everything that they did in the previous iterations of Terminator 3-7 or whatever it has been. Get back to its grim dark roots of sci-fi horror. Maybe focus on the post-nuclear holocaust pre-dating the machine war, where the machines were rounding-up survivors and actively exterminating or working them to death. Maybe ending with Connor liberating the first of these death camps.

I love the Terminator series and I despise what they've done to it over the last 20 years. Sarah Conner Chronicles wasn't too bad though.

Goatface

This is gonna be controversial because so many people adore the original like I do but: Big Trouble in Little China.

Big Trouble in Little China was originally written as a horror western movie, a sub-genre called Weird West. It was so bonkers for the 80's that it went through a few rewrites until it was overhauled into the modern era and the comedic movie we got. It was based in San Francisco in the 1880's and Jack Burton was this haunted gunslinger following an ancient evil that sailed into town. It had a lot of the Chinese mysticism and it had Lo Pan as this ancient Chinese Dracula-ish demon-king that needed a jade-eyed girl to sustain his immortality.

If done up like a modern gothic-horror western, it would be absolutely badass with modern technology.

interesting, but this is what is coming

1643942154801.png

• 2Barf
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
interesting, but this is what is coming

View attachment 396606
Yeah fuck that. Gary Goldman was the original writer of the Western/Horror script for Big Trouble in Little China but he's probably dead by now and he only gets credits for the characters. WD Richter was a pretty famous writer/director from the 80's that was noted as a reliable "script rehab" guy. He's the guy that turned Goldman's script into the Kurt Russell action/comedy that we got. Richter also wrote and directed Buckaroo Banzai.

Ashley Miller's the actual writer. He wrote eps of Andromeda and a some of Fringe before being picked up for that project. Almost certainly a direct-to-netflix thing then since Ashley Miller is all over Netflix's DOTA series.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I’d take a remake of Cube with good production values although TBH now that I’m not in college and smoking weed I might not find the concept as mindblowing/entertaining

Goatface

i watch cube every few years, still like it. cube2 is ok, cube0 is just bad.

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
A remake of The Room staring Ryan Goseling as Johnny attempting a fake Polish accent attempting to speak American.