Remnant 2

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trying to get Blood Moon Essence is really lame, like the very definition of lame. Spent that past couple of hours just to get a Blood Moon to appear in a zone. Zero.

There seems to be a pretty decent difference between a Campaign zone and an Adventure Mode version of that zone in terms of mob overall toughness. Kinda like that, but also not really.

Blueweed

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Trying to get Blood Moon Essence is really lame, like the very definition of lame. Spent that past couple of hours just to get a Blood Moon to appear in a zone. Zero.

There seems to be a pretty decent difference between a Campaign zone and an Adventure Mode version of that zone in terms of mob overall toughness. Kinda like that, but also not really.
I read somewhere it was mentioned there is 2hr spawn cycle regardless if u zone. There is also supposedly a bunch of blood essence if u follow the progress path

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
While running around Eon Vault, I decided to enter one of the sidepaths that I had opened up, and it was the Astropath's Respite dungeon. Cleared the place, killed the boss, got the loot, but there is no exit. Looked on Reddit and the only ppl talking about it are doing some mission or quest that led them there. Since I did this place without the mission (to find some seekers keys and other stuff, I think), am I screwed if I ever do get that mission?
Use that skull thing in your inventory to force death, and you should end up back at your last checkpoint. Then teleport from there. This is assuming there's no holes to jump in to suicide.

If you roll an adventure mode with Yaesh or whatever the fuck it's called, go find the root boss guy and when you kill it, it forces a blood moon. Find pink balls, kill, head to a zone (not a checkpoint), zone out and back in. Pink balls will respawn, but other mobs won't. Hopefully you get 8 spawns and not 2. And hopefully you can zone in and out a few times and not have it end earlier (happened to me).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I went to my Campaign Yaesha, the first zone, then zoned out to Labyrinth. Came back in, had a blood moon. Did that cycle and managed to get 11 essence, which let me get Summoner. I'd like the armor set, but that can wait. Once I finish Root Earth, I can work on unlocking Invader.

I had 8 essence by the time I finished Yaesha, which included killing Ravager. I read that if you also kill the Doe, it pops a Blood Moon as well.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dang, this last boss fight has to be the worst I've ever seen. Might be cool looking aesthetically, but mechanically it is just poorly tuned for solo, imo.

I can get it to the switching phase, but there is too much shit on the screen.

• 2Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
So how is this compared to the 1st game? I plat'd Elden Ring, but I am ashamed Hateyou Hateyou , I never got gud fgt and couldn't get passed the 1st boss lol

• 1Pathetic

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Dang, this last boss fight has to be the worst I've ever seen. Might be cool looking aesthetically, but mechanically it is just poorly tuned for solo, imo.

Don't stay in the middle of a lane and listen for that "SHING" sound that indicates the swipe for a dodge. Me and a bud that did the campaign coop died on that damn boss so many times before having a run where just everything clicked and we beat it.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So how is this compared to the 1st game? I plat'd Elden Ring, but I am ashamed Hateyou Hateyou , I never got gud fgt and couldn't get passed the 1st boss lol

Seems like it's more of the same in a good way, the only counterpoint I've seen is the last boss being way overtuned.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

We never beat th last dlc on the first game for similar issues. The animations and effects didnt seem to match what was going on in game and we could never figure it out. It was so bad I had no desire to keep trying.

Hearing this multiple times now makes me reconsider buying.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I never did either. I got close but couldn’t beat the fucker. It would warp away and I would struggle to find it while killing the adds. Get ready to damage it then warp away again. Really felt like that fight was designed for two people, even though people were beating it solo. I heard you could get another boss as your first, but I tried 2-3 characters and never saw it.

I’m not ashamed. That boss was rough.

• 1Solidarity

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

It’s hot refried aids.

learn the sounds…also I used the relic that gives you 100% health regen for 10s with 25% damage reduction + the max health consumable.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A lot better, but if you never made it past the first boss in R1... this might be too much for your boomer reflexes. ;p

Hateyou Hateyou Nah, the last boss is total ass for sure, but everything else I've experienced has been worth the price.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

From patch notes:
Code:
Added fix for Ultimate Edition players not receiving Gunslinger Engram in game if they didn't start with Gunslinger.

Did this actually work for anyone else who didn't start as Gunslinger? Only ultimate edition fix I'm seeing is that the Survival Pack (cheater items) is actually granted the first time you load in after patching. Definitely don't have any new engram or even the item that lets you buy the engram from Wallace.

Edit: NM, I guess there was a bug where some people couldn't get the engram at all if they didn't start as Gunslinger. Guess you still have to listen to all of Mudtooth's stories spam spacebar for 10 minutes to actually get the worn cylinder if you don't start as Gunslinger (after killing two world bosses).

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm confused, are people really having issues with the performance? Is it only for people running on ultra maybe? The guys I play with have top of the line PCs and haven't said anything.

My PC is old as fuck (Ryzen 5 1600, 2070 Super, 16gb RAM) and it runs amazing on medium at a constant 60 fps. No stutters, and it looks amazing. Is it because people don't want DLSS on or something?

Just seems like a weird complaint for a game that seems to run really well to me.

Last edited:

Vorph

I'm confused, are people really having issues with the performance? Is it only for people running on ultra maybe? The guys I play with have top of the line PCs and haven't said anything.

My PC is old as fuck (Ryzen 5 1600, 2070 Super, 16gb RAM) and it runs amazing on medium at a constant 60 fps. No stutters, and it looks amazing. Is it because people don't want DLSS on or something?

Just seems like a weird complaint for a game that seems to run really well to me.
I've had no real issues either. 60+ fps at 3440x1440, settings on high with FSR/Quality. Still the same RX 5700XT + Ryzen 3600 (which will hopefully be a 5600X3D soon) that I built for Cyberpunk 2077, seeing as I barely use my PC anymore. I do have 32GB of RAM though, didn't bother to check and see how much was being used, but it wouldn't surprise me if UE5 took advantage of it.

The one issue I have had is that adventure mode seems somewhat crash-prone. Like I can play campaign mode all day and it's fine but after switching to adv. mode it would crash after 7-8 or so map transitions. Hasn't crashed at all today though and I was playing adv. mode exclusively, so maybe the patch fixed it.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Zero crashes for me with intel/nvidia rig w/ latest drivers. Only problem has been the game randomly disconnecting my buddy from the session a few times.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Got some lighting gun from the labyrinth. Fuck it's sweet. Moes down minions in a heart beat. Not good for bosses so you'll need something for that. Goes in the hand gun slot.

• 2Like