Remnant 2

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I did, but honestly don't remember much about it. One of the guys in our group seems to remember a lot, and there's a lot of similar settings and items.

It's definitely fun. We opened up adventure mode after maybe 5 hours, and now after about 7 or so hours got a key to do more biomes.

My best guess is that's it's the same as the first, but much more polished.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
If you liked the first one then this is a must buy. It’s better in every way.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The tutorial was good inasmuch as I had totally forgotten the plot and theme of the original. They give enough of a prompt to kickstart the archival neurons without going full Basil Exposition on ya.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Made a challenger, got past tutorial and went into a world with robots. First are was full of fling robots that my skill couldn't touch. Cleared that area of mobs, but saw one more off in the distance, shot it.. and some new type of mob got pissed off at me, killed me. Called it for the night.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Wait did you guys buy the deluxe version with a head start or am I just retarded?

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yup most expensive “I’m a sucker” version. No regrets for me.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I bought the game, plus 3 dlc all at once. That studio deserves it, imo.

• 2Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Talked to my friend who spent the extra 20$ to play early, not that I can't afford it but I just spent 350$ on a keyboard plus 200$ on attachments and I can only be so much of a dipshit with my money per month.

Anyway he said its basically just small improvements to the first one, but a couple things that he said made me audibly say FUCK YEA

Stamina and rolling no longer drains when you are out of combat. That was 100% my biggest complaint of the first game and I'm glad they got rid of it.

Armor sets bonuses are no longer tied to armor.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any of you who bought ultimate have a proper PC master race monitor to check and see if the ultrawide actually works this time around? I know it lets you choose 21:9 resolutions, but does it do it correctly with hor+ or did they release their fourth game in a row that needs to have the vert- patched out well after release? Steam forums posts make it sound like vert- yet again, but no one posted concrete proof one way or the other.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I didn't follow the news much on this ... but damn you can multi-class and there are 8 classes. 4 initial and 4 unlockable. Also there are dedicated support classes.

Wiki page with all the classes:

I swear I had watched the video this morning with my coffee that said there's actually 11 archetypes. I knew there were some other ones apparently but there might be more or maybe they're planning on 11 with some of the other DLCs.

That would maybe make sense since we had eight right now and if there's three DLCs coming out that would be one archetype for each release.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My best friend and I co-op'd the shit out of the first one. It was a ton of fun.

We'll definitely be running it back with the sequel.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Excited but waiting til after baldurs gate. Got too much on my plate with darktide and battlebit.

Give them some time to iron out any bugs etc.

Edit: really drunk at the pool somehow deleted most. Fuck wasps.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So anyone who's playing this know how to get into the locked room in The Hatchery? Been playing with a couple of buddies this afternoon and we scoured the dungeon and cannot figure out how to get a particular door open. Don't know if it's something outside in the open world, but I would guess it would have been something in the dungeon that maybe didn't spawn or is bugged.

We're having a blast though.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game isn't solo friendly so far, at least the bosses. Since I didn't care for the Challenger, I rerolled to Handler. My first world on that character was "Morrow Parish", a very bloodborne like zone with vampires and wererats. Found the dungeon and can't kill the boss (Bloat King), get it to 50% and just run out of steam. Too much incoming dmg, and not enough time on the things I need to kill to do dmg to the boss. Yet, I am blocked atm from progressing the main and world quests due having no idea how to get into the area where those two missions say I need to go. Hoping Reddit can give me some clues on what I'm missing in the zone.

Game is running super smooth using default Medium settings and DLSS Quality, on a 3060. FOV set at 1.2 seems good too, setting it at 1.5 is very awkward.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How does co-op work in regards to different players campaign progress? I've joined a couple games for the Great Sewers dungeon, and the boss kill doesn't update my own progress at all. Is there something I need to do after the boss kill other than move to the next checkpoint?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To answer my own question from before, ultrawide is actually hor+ this time.

Seeing a studio still using FSR instead of FSR 2 is almost as disappointing as vert- would have been though.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
PSA...

If the game is being weird and you try to do a repair on the install, it'll really screw everything up and you'll probably lose your character. Buddy was you getting weird lag during a boss battle even though he's got a nice machine, shut the game down that didn't fix it and went ahead and repaired the installation, and it completely deleted his character. We're guessing it over wrote his save file or something.

Apparently this was an issue with the first game, so heads up.