Remnant: From the Ashes

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
NECRO!

Started playing this co-op this weekend. Started out pretty rough, me and my buddy are pretty shit at games in general lol. But after a poor showing the first night we clicked and are now most of the way through the second world.

I am really enjoying it. I mean, I get tired of the same schtick of bosses shitting out adds but I've come to accept that that is this game's "thing". We've brought down Singe and Gorefist, a stupid mutant dog and.........can't remember.

Worth the (sale) price of admission to be sure.

Soon on to Borderlands 3 co-op once it hits Steam. Probably Red Dead 2 as well.

I like to live life in the slow lane, so I play games 6 months to a year after the hype is over lol.

Edit - We did a couple more bosses tonight including the hive guy and Clavinger. Spelling? This game has a balance that seems to suit us - we try a couple of times and get wrecked. Then a couple more times and get the mechanics. And then a try or two and the boss is down. The only time we quit in frustration was that first night on Shroud and we never saw him again because we rerolled and got Gorefist instead. Got our Particle Accelerators now. My fav weapon so far is the fire SMG. This thread pointed out that DOTs are king if you can get them.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
NECRO!

Started playing this co-op this weekend. Started out pretty rough, me and my buddy are pretty shit at games in general lol. But after a poor showing the first night we clicked and are now most of the way through the second world.

I am really enjoying it. I mean, I get tired of the same schtick of bosses shitting out adds but I've come to accept that that is this game's "thing". We've brought down Singe and Gorefist, a stupid mutant dog and.........can't remember.

I like to live life in the slow lane, so I play games 6 months to a year after the hype is over lol.

Not a bad idea! You also get the games on steep sales too this way.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
NECRO!

Edit - We did a couple more bosses tonight including the hive guy and Clavinger. Spelling? This game has a balance that seems to suit us - we try a couple of times and get wrecked. Then a couple more times and get the mechanics. And then a try or two and the boss is down. The only time we quit in frustration was that first night on Shroud and we never saw him again because we rerolled and got Gorefist instead. Got our Particle Accelerators now. My fav weapon so far is the fire SMG. This thread pointed out that DOTs are king if you can get them.

Yeah this game kicks ass, I hate souls type games solo but really enjoyed how co-op was handled in this one. The tree boss still makes me rage if you get him early on and don't have good gear. Overall this game is really fun.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
New Necro- Wife and I were bored with the lockdown so we snapped this up to play with our pal up the street (we have like 3 PS4s setup in our house). Been having fun with it, but wife is new to this style of game and its been rough. At least we can side by side play in our bedroom setup, so communication is much easier. But I pretty much have to be the meat shield the entire time.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
New Necro- Wife and I were bored with the lockdown so we snapped this up to play with our pal up the street (we have like 3 PS4s setup in our house). Been having fun with it, but wife is new to this style of game and its been rough. At least we can side by side play in our bedroom setup, so communication is much easier. But I pretty much have to be the meat shield the entire time.

No way in hell could I play something like this with my wife. I’d be cussing her out and we’d be divorced in less than an hour.

• 1Worf

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Tell your wife to get gud. But seriously, my wife is a huge nerd and good at games in general, just not experienced in Souls Type or Shooter MMO types. We settled on this one entirely on the fact that its not a lootbox shiftest and Yahtzee gave it praise (and he really hates this genre, aside from the souls like aspect).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Tell your wife to get gud. But seriously, my wife is a huge nerd and good at games in general, just not experienced in Souls Type or Shooter MMO types. We settled on this one entirely on the fact that its not a lootbox shiftest and Yahtzee gave it praise (and he really hates this genre, aside from the souls like aspect).

My wife played EQ, a little WoW, Guildwars, and a little Warhammer Online. Other than that she doesn’t game. It’s probably been 8 years or so since she’s played anything other than occasional Mario Brothers 1 on an emulator. Just not her thing.

Phazael

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah and honestly this is the last kind of game we wanted to start playing because we have a general "no MMO type game" rule to make sure we spend time on other things due to our time in EQ and WoW. But we did like the Dragon Age coop a fair amount and this is more along those lines, so we are giving it a go.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Survival Mode seems fun. Start naked with a pistol, perma death, no saves and go as far as you can. They are streaming a run currently:

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I suck at this game. I cannot even get passed the first boss still.

Then I teame dup with my Son in Law on Xbox (Gamepass) and we were getting our asses handed to both of us. The adds are incredible in that fight.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I suck at this game. I cannot even get passed the first boss still.

Then I teame dup with my Son in Law on Xbox (Gamepass) and we were getting our asses handed to both of us. The adds are incredible in that fight.

I never got past the first boss either. Got stuck on him, went and leveled more, got stuck still. Finally gave up.

I’ve beat souls, blood borne, Nioh. But couldn’t get past the first boss on this one lol

• 1Solidarity

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
The first boss is oddly challenging for some. The trick is to run out in the open room so that you have space between you and the add spawns. Focus mostly on dodging the little fucks before they explode. No idea what difficulty you guys are playing on, though. This was on Hard, not legendary.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The dungeon boss or the world boss?

The dungeon I think. He was a black sphincter that spawned adds and he just warped all over the room shooting shit at me. I think the best I ever did was 40-50%ish. If I would have been getting close I would have kept at it but I was just doing terrible and getting frustrated as hell.

• 1Solidarity