Remnant: From the Ashes

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
When you hear the audible noise, she will fire her arrows just keep moving during that period. Once it stops lay into her, kill root as needed.

If you haven't upgraded yet then go upgrade, I'd always save my upgrade points for getting stuck on a boss. That way it would give you an edge if needed. If you upgraded before going in then you have no money/scrap to gain that edge.

I have everything at +5. I don’t have any problem with the audio cue, I dodge the arrows alright. I just end up losing track of where she is, then adds pile up, and she keeps plinking me down faster than I can plink her down. Maybe I just need to save up for a ton of regen items idk.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have everything at +5. I don’t have any problem with the audio cue, I dodge the arrows alright. I just end up losing track of where she is, then adds pile up, and she keeps plinking me down faster than I can plink her down. Maybe I just need to save up for a ton of regen items idk.

I've only ever done that fight with friends, maybe spend more time downing adds then plink away. Also try DoTs on the boss so you can unload your mod on them then focus adds, rinse and repeat.

Hekotat

I'm in WoW queue if you need me to hop in and blow his face off.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
shade is a pain without strong hitting weapons and mods. you need to spend most of the fight taking care of adds while continuing to move and then when you get a short free moment hammer shade with something like the coach gun. the shotgun does more damage close range, but because she teleports all over the place it's too hard to get into close range with it. the coach gun is more reliable at close to mid range.

the hunter mod (blanking on it's name) that shows enemies through walls could be helpful

Hekotat

shade is a pain without strong hitting weapons and mods. you need to spend most of the fight taking care of adds while continuing to move and then when you get a short free moment hammer shade with something like the coach gun. the shotgun does more damage close range, but because she teleports all over the place it's too hard to get into close range with it. the coach gun is more reliable at close to mid range.

the hunter mod (blanking on it's name) that shows enemies through walls could be helpful

Hunter's Mark

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Shroud is much more rare than Gorefist, so the fight was completely trivial by the time I found it in my world. That said, I'd probably use ex-cultist armor, hunting rifle (Hunter's Mark), and SMG (Hot Shot) though if I was starting a new game and came across Shroud first.

As far as the the difficulty goes, it's extremely front-loaded and the first time through Earth and Rhom is a real bitch. Then you get Glutton, max it out, and it's like a completely different game.

Vorph

If I had to ballpark it I'd say I probably cleared earth (or at least the first boss) about 20-25 times to get all the shit there, and I can only remember 3 Shrouds.

My theory is they do something when you make your character that affects the weighting on various bosses when new world seeds are generated.

j00t

If I had to ballpark it I'd say I probably cleared earth (or at least the first boss) about 20-25 times to get all the shit there, and I can only remember 3 Shrouds.

My theory is they do something when you make your character that affects the weighting on various bosses when new world seeds are generated.
yeah, there's definitely some weird weights going on. i made a new character to try out a different class before realizing that you can get each other character's starting traits and immediately got the mad merchant. on my main i've played through the entire game probably close to 10 times (not including restarts) and have never gotten the mad merchant. meanwhile my friends have all gotten that encounter several times

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Shroud is much more rare than Gorefist, so the fight was completely trivial by the time I found it in my world. That said, I'd probably use ex-cultist armor, hunting rifle (Hunter's Mark), and SMG (Hot Shot) though if I was starting a new game and came across Shroud first.

As far as the the difficulty goes, it's extremely front-loaded and the first time through Earth and Rhom is a real bitch. Then you get Glutton, max it out, and it's like a completely different game.

So can I just reset my world to get rid of it? I actually did that once the first time I got stuck, just to see what happened, and got it again. I also got it when I tried playing a different class. So, I’m 3/3 now, I didn’t realize you could not get her. I was wondering how people stuck with the game I was getting so pissed. I’ve beat most of the dark souls, bloodborne, nioh games and im down with a challenge but this one fight just felt impossible lol.

Vorph

So can I just reset my world to get rid of it? I actually did that once the first time I got stuck, just to see what happened, and got it again. I also got it when I tried playing a different class. So, I’m 3/3 now, I didn’t realize you could not get her. I was wondering how people stuck with the game I was getting so pissed. I’ve beat most of the dark souls, bloodborne, nioh games and im down with a challenge but this one fight just felt impossible lol.
Gorefist is no picnic either (the boss is easier but the adds are way more annoying), and Shroud's drop is more useful overall even after the mod got nerfed. Both fights are basically "Intro to Add Management 101" because that's what a majority of boss fights boil down to. Shroud and Gorefist are just hard the first time you get to them because you have jack shit for traits, guns, mods, and gear. Once you have good stuff, the cutscenes last longer than the fights despite them being scaled up to your gear level. Just have to get over that first hump and the game becomes much more manageable.

j00t

earth first boss is either shroud (archer) or gorefist (big guy with a big sword). the second boss can be a few different ones including shroud and gorefist, so you're eventually going to have to fight shroud sooner or later. but yes, the issue is specifically that you've got no traits and mods. the starter long guns are all extremely good weapons so that isn't really the issue. the basic idea with both shroud and gorefist is specifically the adds. shroud has more adds, but gorefist's adds are extremely annoying.

it seems like silly advice for someone who's familiar with the souls games, but it's honestly all about timing. remember that dodging and running are the only thing that use stamina, so don't be afraid to dodge spam and/or run if you need to.

also, you CAN reset, but if you do, the zone levels reset to your current level +1 as well. you won't be able to overlevel shroud if you reset trying to get a different boss.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Fuck this Ent piece of shit FUCK SHIT FUCK FUCK SHIT

I had a hard time on him the first go around but after that i managed to bust his leg off and rape his ass - hes much easier if you break off one of his legs

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

that's one of the weird things about this game... certain "alternate" kills seem like they are the way you are SUPPOSED to kill the bosses. claviger for example. we had to sit around ignoring the adds just to get the "primary" item. same with the ent in that the "primary" kill is harder. but then you have bosses like singe and the twins (can't remember their name) where you have to work really hard to get the alternate kill. then there's ravager and totem king where the alternate kill aren't related to the fight itself. i like the variety but i wish there was a little more consistency

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I had a hard time on him the first go around but after that i managed to bust his leg off and rape his ass - hes much easier if you break off one of his legs

My guy's mostly short range and when I break off one of his legs he seems to just swipe repeatedly with crazy reach and if I manage to survive those I'm now surrounded by a swarm of exploding fatasses.

Shit's going to give me a stroke

j00t

ha. my friend started as a scrapper and so, like the class tells you to, he focused on short range while i focused on long. inbetween bosses he was happy. he used the shotgun and melee, while i had a hard time because i had to use more skill in shooting OVER him to actually hit the bad guys. then the bosses came and the roles reversed. half the bosses he couldn't do anything because melee is impossible and his shotgun was doing 1/4 the damage due to range. obviously he switched that up pretty quick as soon as we figured out that short range should mostly be avoided. the shotgun does a ton of damage and it's perfectly fine for going through the levels, but there are better options for bosses.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yer lucky. I play with a guy who rolled as a scrapper and is of the opinion that the shotgun is an amazing weapon at all ranges and thinks I'm stupid for using the 'pussy beam rifle'.

j00t

Yer lucky. I play with a guy who rolled as a scrapper and is of the opinion that the shotgun is an amazing weapon at all ranges and thinks I'm stupid for using the 'pussy beam rifle'.

beam rifle with THE BEEEESSS mod is just amazing, but the shotgun is unparalleled for raw damage. but yes, once you get a few meters away that damage drops off pretty quick...

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I should point out that he plays the scrapper at hunter-class distances. He did finally admit that my use of Swarm was a good thing and even slotted it himself when we fought Nightmare.

There does need to be some balance done both on items as well as bosses. Anything you can do which provides unskilled damage (turrets, bees) is automatically more powerful than directed damage owing to the need to split your attention with trash and/or dodge constantly.