Renal failure in pets: experience and advice with a side of amphibious bears

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
We're only number four for "Are bears amphibious?" I believe being ranked first for the question "Are bears amphibious?" is a very important step toward elevating our community. The first step would be to actually answer the question: "Are bears amphibious?" After that, we'll know the answer to "Are bears amphibious?" and we can then go about educating others about the answer to the question (in case you forgot, the question is: "Are bears amphibious?").

So, are bears amphibious?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I do not believe that bears are amphibious overall. However I will concede that the polar bear species in particular may in fact be considered in some circles, semi-amphibious. Grizzly bears on the other hand are decidedly not amphibious. Nor are black bears considered to be amphibious.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
I do not believe that bears are amphibious overall. However I will concede that the polar bear species in particular may in fact be considered in some circles, semi-amphibious. Grizzly bears on the other hand are decidedly not amphibious. Nor are black bears considered to be amphibious.
And since Phoenix has suggested that a species must be amphibious in order to eat fish, we can conclude that grizzly and black bears do not eat fish.

Rest easy, salmon. No bear shall disturb your spawn time.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Never seen video of dogs lining up along the banks of Alaskan and Canadian rivers waiting for salmon to jump into their mouths, have you? Wolves maybe, but wolves aren't dogs.

Xasten_sl

shitlord
My cat preferred to drink from the water left over in the shower and out of the bathroom faucet for some odd reason. Also read somewhere that cats do not prefer to have their water and food dish right next to each other. So I moved her water dish maybe 3 feet away and I'll come home and her dish will be empty. Beforehand, I could barely tell if she had been drinking. Go figure.
Same. My cat categorically refuses to use her water dish. She'll just harass you until you turn on the faucet, and she'll drink a ton of water. Now we just fill up the bathroom sink once or twice a day, and she's happy.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i bought some "amphibious bears" backlinks on fiverr.com for rerolled.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Wolves maybe, but wolves aren't dogs.
Wolves aren't dogs. But dogs are wolves:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog

The domestic dog was accepted as a species in its own right until overwhelming evidence from behavior, vocalizations, morphology, and molecular biology led to the contemporary scientific understanding that a single species, the gray wolf, is the common ancestor for all breeds of domestic dogs.[23][24][25] In recognition of this fact, the domestic dog was reclassified in 1993 as Canis lupus familiaris, a subspecies of the gray wolf Canis lupus, by the Smithsonian Institution and the American Society of Mammalogists. C. l. familiaris is listed as the name for the taxon that is broadly used in the scientific community and recommended by ITIS, although Canis familiaris is a recognised synonym.

iannis

Musty Nester
So you're saying if I went out and got an irish setter I could tell chicks I have a wolf at home? That's better than a fucking shirt.

But it really does nothing to answer the question, "Are bears amphibious?"

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Guys, we should get this thread back on track as we've kind of strayed from the original idea.

So anyway, I've got an amphibious black bear at home who is going on 18 years old and he's started suffering from severe arthritis and the webbing between his claws has begun drying out and ripping, which hinders his ability to climb trees. He's really just miserable and does nothing but lay around all day and eat canned tuna. I know his quality of life is pretty bad but I love the big guy and I can't bear to put him down. What should I do?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Dogs are clearly amphibious.

fish-dogs.jpg

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Guys, we should get this thread back on track as we've kind of strayed from the original idea.

So anyway, I've got an amphibious black bear at home who is going on 18 years old and he's started suffering from severe arthritis and the webbing between his claws has begun drying out and ripping, which hinders his ability to climb trees. He's really just miserable and does nothing but lay around all day and eat canned tuna. I know his quality of life is pretty bad but I love the big guy and I can't bear to put him down. What should I do?
Cut his arms off and exercise your constitutional rights