Renal failure in pets: experience and advice with a side of amphibious bears

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_30425.png

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Except Bears are amphibious, wolves/dogs are not.
Are you saying that dogs can't swim, or are you saying that bears live in the water for part of their life cycle? I just want to know what to laugh at you for next.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Phoenix, you've backed yourself into a stupid corner on this one. No way out. Don't go full retard.

rrr_img_30433.jpg

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
No I havent. Hell polar bears have webbed paws for easier movement in the water.

iannis

Musty Nester
Great. Now I want a pet bear.

Do bears instinctively use litterboxes like cats, or do you have to paper train them like dogs?

Would maybe have to get a lot of small potted trees and put them all in the great room just so that he could shit in the woods.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Great. Now I want a pet bear.

Do bears instinctively use litterboxes like cats, or do you have to paper train them like dogs?

Would maybe have to get a lot of small potted trees and put them all in the great room just so that he could shit in the woods.
I had a pet bear back home.

small_A Russian Girl with her pet Bear on the road_507.jpg.jpg

iannis

Musty Nester
third might be good enough for some people, but third is not good enough for us

amphibious bears
amphibious bears
amphibious bears
amphibious bears
amphibious bears
amphibious bears
amphibious bears
amphibious bears

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
bears are like dogs, amphibious.

not like cats, who arent amphibious.

you have to walk your bear

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Would you consider otters amphibious?
Otters live in the fucking water, you idiot. Bears swim in the water to access other terrestrial areas and hunt, but they do not otherwise live in the water for extended periods except out of necessity.

I'll grant you "semi-aquatic" and only in relation to polar bears:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semiaquatic#Animals

Grizzly bears eat plenty of fish, and are not considered semi-aquatic. Ergo, you lose.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
"Amphibious" isn't really a scientific "thing" though, is it? So it is a bit open to interpretation.

The ability to swim and walk alone shouldn't qualify, as most mammals can do both, yes?

Would it be the ability to hunt on land and under water?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Otters live in the fucking water, you idiot. Bears swim in the water to access other terrestrial areas and hunt, but they do not otherwise live in the water for extended periods except out of necessity.

I'll grant you "semi-aquatic" and only in relation to polar bears:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semiaquatic#Animals

Grizzly bears eat plenty of fish, and are not considered semi-aquatic. Ergo, you lose.
Later, when the bears are swimming, one of the antennae is submerged so that the swims appear as gaps in the data that is transmitted. Overlaying this data onto maps of sea ice shows scientists approximately where the bears are swimming. Researchers documented 50 swims with an average length of 96 miles. While long-distance swims were relatively uncommon, 38 percent of the collared bears took at least one long swim. Results from the study appear in the current issue of the Canadian Journal of Zoology.
http://www.usgs.gov/blogs/features/u...anging-arctic/
Ability to swim 100 miles in freezing water? Yeah id say thats amphibious.
Would it be the ability to hunt on land and under water?
Otters, beavers, polar bears, platypuses are all amphibious animals.

khalid

Unelected Mod
The important point is that just because dogs eat fish or don't eat fish in the wild, doesn't mean that they will be healthier if they do eat fish in your house. It is the same fallacy as the idiots that spout the paleo diet for humans.