Renewed/Cancelled Shows

Oldbased

> Than U
Network TV is a dead market for our generation and all the ones after, but it still pulls down a HUGE amount of eyes somehow. I haven't watched or followed network shows in about 5 years but that market is still really strong and I have no idea how.

99/100 of the last projects we looked at were ALL on non-networked sources while the others were straight network shows with little to no streaming support. It's a weird time to be in development.
When you retire( or get very sick long term ) people sit around all day watching networks. They watch networks because cable with good channels and internet costs $150-200 a month now and for people on a SS budget out of the question.

The working class/youngens are all about Prime/Netflix and some still cable.
Also a portion of Murrica can only get networks still unless they go Direct TV/Dish.
I remember thinking over 35 years ago that networks were done with having got cable.

spronk

FPS noob
I wonder how accurate shit like Nielsen ratings are actually, given that companies like netflix and amazon and hulu know EXACTLY what someone watches, how long, how often they pause, etc. Whereas Nielsen still relies on fucking retards writing in notebooks what they watched this week - yeah they also have some DVR-like abilities, but a big chunk of their data comes from people writing shit down. Not to mention I dunno how representative their ratings are, seems like the people hardest to reach in advertising and stuff are the ones least likely to sign up for dumb shit like being a Nielsen family.

I got invited once to be a nielsen thing for a few weeks, they paid me like $20/week and I had to fill out a little sheet of what i watched, how long, etc. It was the most ridiculous thing ever and i just threw it away after a few days.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Fox cancelled Brooklyn 99, Last Man on Earth, and The Mick (dee from its always sunny)
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Cancelled at Fox

Not really surprised by any of them, i don't know any one who really watches network TV shows anymore outside a few specific dramas. I hope Terry Crews from Brooklyn 99 gets his own show now, that man should be a TV god

Fox is also gonna bring back Last Man Standing, Tim Allen's comedy show which got cancelled on ABC, which has pissed off a lot of progressives since its a fairly right wing show

That sucks. B99 is one of the best shows on tv.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
I got invited once to be a nielsen thing for a few weeks, they paid me like $20/week and I had to fill out a little sheet of what i watched, how long, etc. It was the most ridiculous thing ever and i just threw it away after a few days.
I got a letter from them a few years ago asking me to participate in their shit. I was gonna just throw it out, but I decided to open it and see what it was. Was pleasantly surprised to find a $5 bill inside of it. So at least I got to pocket that before tossing it.

I should've written "YouTube, Twitch, Netflix" and returned it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
the bad news keeps coming, Lucifer cancelled on Fox

What the fuck, I was looking forward to seeing at least one season where Chloe actually knew he WAS the devil.

That leaves... pretty much just cooking shows on my list of watchables (master chef, chopped, cutt throat kitchen etc). Depressing

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
The Mick and B99 were the only shows I watched regularly on TV. Back to Hulu/Netflix for me.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder how accurate shit like Nielsen ratings are actually, given that companies like netflix and amazon and hulu know EXACTLY what someone watches, how long, how often they pause, etc. Whereas Nielsen still relies on fucking retards writing in notebooks what they watched this week - yeah they also have some DVR-like abilities, but a big chunk of their data comes from people writing shit down. Not to mention I dunno how representative their ratings are, seems like the people hardest to reach in advertising and stuff are the ones least likely to sign up for dumb shit like being a Nielsen family.

my girlfriend's family is a nielsen family, and no notebook involved for them somehow. there is a separate box somehow can tell how many people are in the room, and you have to log each individual person on with a remote. it ends up being a pain in the ass and they don't do it fully properly most of the time. so yeah, not wholly accurate, that's for sure, haha.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Terry Crews should have not made waves. This is just Hollywood's Jew Mafia showing everyone who's actually running things. I bet Samberg is happy, he finally got his wish and can move on to other things and not appear like he left everyone hanging by quitting the show like he kept wanting to do for a couple of seasons now

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
so you're the guy that puts underscores in all these songs i downloaded from KaZaa

meh

spronk

FPS noob
Terry Crews should have not made waves. This is just Hollywood's Jew Mafia showing everyone who's actually running things. I bet Samberg is happy, he finally got his wish and can move on to other things and not appear like he left everyone hanging by quitting the show like he kept wanting to do for a couple of seasons now

if the jews killed brooklyn 99 why did the jews bring it back on NBC

also isn't samberg jewish

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Designated Survivor aka 24: Presidential Edition cancelled.

Designated Survivor started off pretty well in the ratings. I watched the first season but gradually lost interest.

I think a major problem with these broadcast shows is that there are way too many episodes. Having to create 20+ eps per season makes for a lot of filler shit. It gets old quick when it feels like the story isn't going anywhere.