Rerolled bro's, I need your help.....

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
So, here's the deal:

My brother was on a call for work, about 3 hours away from his home last night (Sunday night). The last anyone heard from him was that he was on his way back, about 2 hours away. He never made it home.

We have tried calling, texting, emailing his Iphone and it all goes straight to voicemail. His girlfriend tried to do the 'FindmyIphone" app or w/e its called, but while she thinks she has his email, she doesn't have his password to link them.

The work vehicle has On-star, but it was never hooked up (Because his bosses are fucking stupid), and right now, we are being told there's no way to remotely enable it or even try and ping it to try and get his location.

His girlfriend works for their local police dept and we have reported him missing. They have also tried to get the phone company to ping the phone, to at least try and get us a location to search at, but his girlfriend is saying they wont release that info, to her or even to the police due to privacy concerns.

----------------------------------------

I want to note, I'm getting all this second hand from the rest of my family. I live about halfway between where he had gone on call and his home, so I went out and drove half the route he may have taken, to see if i could find any signs of a crash. I came up empty and the sun was setting. Some of the rest of the family ran the other half of the possible route and didn't find anything either.

Half the problem is that there's 2 main routes he may have taken and other possible shortcuts he may have taken and we have no idea what route he went.

At best, we know we grabbed food, likely where he did the drop off for work, then stopped at a gas station on his way back, but it gets fuzzy after that.

We did call all hospitals in the areas and along the paths he would have gone and also checked with both local police depts and any medical examiner locations and came up empty.

--------------------------------------

So, to anyone who may have any ideas. Is there anyway we can get the phone company to give someone (even just the police) the phone location, or does anyone know of a way to remotely activate an Onstar vehicle?

We just need some kind of direction to give us a place to search at, otherwise we are driving 3 hours of roads just hoping to find a needle in a haystack.

I do want to note, that its possible he just up and left. But i doubt that, only because he really wouldn't have anyplace else to go and had been working on plans to start his own business, so I don't think he would up and just run off. Hence why we are leaning towards a vehicle accident of some kind.

i appreciate any help that you all can provide. I am just running out of ideas, other than to just start driving come morning and pray I see something somewhere.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
It sounds like it's been 18 hours? That'll narrow your search a lot. If you know he was an hour on the way back home that's a much smaller radius. If it was a car accident he would have wound up in a hospital by now if it was close to the road, so you're looking for overhangs.

It sounds like short of going out there driving around and looking you've covered just about everything there is to cover. The onstar and phone company is a good idea, but if anyone can do that it's the cops and I bet it requires a magistrate.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Magimaster

Trakanon Raider
two questions, was his home life happy? was there any bad weather?

As far as I know, home life was happy. He and GF have been together for I think going on 3 years now, pretty solid.

Weather may have had some fog last night, but I don't think it would have been that early in the evening. typically get fog late night and early morning if we get it (Florida)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
To be honest it sounds like you are not using enough math. If you know the location he was starting from then it should be pretty simple to estimate the possible major routes he could have taken.

If someone has access to his online banking or w/e check withdrawals and purchases. Reach out to family members and friends he may have had contact with. Check browser history for odd things (travel arrangements, craigslist searches ,etc.).

If he was on a company assignment the company should be searching for their vehicle as well, that should be your first priority regardless of whether he hit a tree, got carjacked, took a nap at a rest area and is still at IHOP unlimited pancakes or just bailed on his life.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Definitely try to pin down all major routes and then use google maps to try and locate areas where a vehicle could go off the road into foliage and disappear.

At this point, it could be anything, and there's not much we can do about it as randos on the internet, but my sympathies and I hope everything works out for the best and you find him and bring him home safely.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Hopefully it's something that trivial.

How many cars do you have? cause I think you may need to go looking.

Get some paper maps, or print them off carquest/googlemaps or whatever, draw a circle on them, divide up routes between however many are going to go look (someone needs to stay home in case he calls and to catch calls from the searchers). If it is a car accident it's going to be in not obvious places. It's worth spending 20 minutes prepping, even if it's just 2 people that are going to go looking.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I would also have the police try and get phone records once/if he's officially declared missing. The telecom should be able to pull at least the tower any last sms messages or calls were routed to/from even if they can't do super triangulation movie bullshit. Tower range can be estimated by the height of the tower and band the carrier uses. It sounds like this is 'in the woods shit' so I might be assuming it's more out in the boonies than it is, though.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm sorry to say it, but I have no fucking idea how to help. I'll keep reading this thread just in case I ever have a similar situation.

Pops

Even I know it's tits or get the fuck out.

Here's a clue, call the police.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
If they tried going at the phone company unofficially they would get shot down for sure. Having been on the opposite side of that conversation they will not offer anything to police or otherwise without a subpoena. Get him declared officially missing and get the police to submit the paperwork the normal route to the phone company's lawyers. You will get your info within a few minutes.

Edit: If he was in a company car the bosses can report it as 'stolen' to expedite this.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Get the department to pull his card records and search for areas of heavy foliage or ravines where a car would not be seen from the road.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Jesus that's fucked up.

Not sure I would ever go to a message board to ask for help instead of driving in circles.

Asking these strangers would be last on my list.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
You don't need the phone company necessarily to locate a phone. If its apple its part of the apple.com site, i don't have one but people do that all the time. If its android try
Android Device Manager

you need his login and stuff but his gf should have access to that on his laptop, etc.

see if you can login on any browser or stuff that he has access to and look at his history. not about crazy shit but just GPS he might have run inside the car, etc to give you an idea where he last was.