Resident Alien

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
4.33 star(s) Rating: 4.33/5 3 Votes
Title: Resident Alien

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Creator: Chris Sheridan

Cast: Alan Tudyk, Sara Tomko, Corey Reynolds, Alice Wetterlund, Levi Fiehler, Elizabeth Bowen

Overview: A crash-landed alien named Harry takes on the identity of a small-town Colorado doctor. As he integrates into the human world, he slowly begins to wrestle with the moral dilemma of his secret mission on Earth while dealing with a 9-year old boy who can see his true alien form.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure what to think, I like Alan Tudyk. The concept seems a bit weird though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Doesn't matter. Even if it is good it will be cancelled after 3 episodes so they can make more Wynonna Earp.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This show is why we're not getting more of him as Mr Nobody in Doom Patrol, it has best not suck..... But I guess he had a chance to star in a show he had to take it.

(Yes, I'm already prepared to be let down on this front)

Doesn't matter. Even if it is good it will be cancelled after 3 episodes so they can make more Wynonna Earp.
Good then he can get back to Doom Patrol.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Alan Tudyk is a good actor. I’ll check it out for him.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Alan Tudyk is a good actor. I’ll check it out for him.

That's my problem as well. He has yet to be in anything I didn't enjoy watching him in. And honestly I think he deserves a chance to be a lead in a show. I just hate that it takes him away from Doom Patrol as he was so damn perfect in that role.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
That's my problem as well. He has yet to be in anything I didn't enjoy watching him in. And honestly I think he deserves a chance to be a lead in a show. I just hate that it takes him away from Doom Patrol as he was so damn perfect in that role.
Meh, he was just some nobody anyways.

• 1Seriously?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
1st episode was well done I thought. Kind of went exactly as expected. 9/10 but I'm a sucker for these types of story arcs (ie Data on TNG)

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Watched that first episode... I'm going to figure they put it out there for free as it was the best of the first batch of episodes. Didn't really grab me. A few funny bits, the awkward "look, it's because HE'S AN ALIEN!" gags. Felt a little ham fisted on how it's trying to force the pieces into the right shape on the puzzle board. It's around a 6/10 for me. Better than a kick in the nuts.

And did they have to be so on the nose with the mayor needing therapy, being called snowflake, then telling him...
Everybody has a right to medical care

Xerge

<Donor>
I watched this high af and enjoyed it. Lowkey sad it's not a Netflix thing bc I can't binge it but I will keep watching for now.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Does it pick up after the first episode? Or is that what I should expect from it? I know first episodes are always exposition heavy and whatnot.

Xerge

<Donor>
First two eps had me laughing pretty good -- the lady and her old doctor gets a bit much but there's not too much. Watching ppl/aliens trying to fit in is always a laugh though and this show gets me. I didnt finish the 3rd yet bc I got busy but I will keep going with it for at least a couple more episodes to see where they take it. Not your usual alien mingling with humans trying to get off earth. It is different.

this evil alien and the kid are pretty funny

• 1Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Only people that find this funny are normies. The jokes aren’t pushing ANY boundaries. It’s watchable but I don’t find myself needing to watch the next episode ASAP, whenever I get to it works for me.

Cybsled

I mean the biggest twist is the alien seems to like some of the people, but still plans to exterminate mankind lol

TV show information provided by The Movie Database