Resident Evil 2 (2019)

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
BAC944AB-6B81-43ED-B244-A27D17EE9DBC.png
7031C44C-C87C-460E-BBE5-F61B7F06469D.jpeg

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider

I pretty much agree with everything in this vid, with the exception of the DLC weapons

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
BTW, don't make the mistake I did if you're still on your first playthrough. I forgot how the A/B thing worked and did AABB instead of ABAB like you're supposed to.

How do these A/B things work? You beat half the game and it gives you a choice of who to play the second half with?

Skimming this thread it looks like I should switch to Leon whenever this happens (playing as Claire)? Like Claire A, Leon B? Then play the game over again and reverse them?

Normally I just play through games once and I'm done, but given how short this one is, I don't mind doing more. Each scenario is like 3-4 hours right?

is there an IDKFA cheat?

I dunno but for some weird reason I had a bunch of infinite ammo weapons in the Item Box right from the get-go. Was up late last night playing this for a couple hours and not really making much progress, but I did have fun clearing the station out with the infinite ammo pistol. Not using the assault rifle, bazooka, or minigun because they look like they'd totally trivialize the game. The pistol feels normal, except I don't have to worry about ammo so much and can unload on enemies. Whenever I get the Magnum or other better weapons I'll prolly switch to those.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just ran into Mr. X for the first time. God damn! The game became like 2x as good immediately. Every time I hear footsteps I freak out. This is probably as close as we'll ever get to a Terminator: Isolation type game where you have to run from a relentless terminator.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How do these A/B things work? You beat half the game and it gives you a choice of who to play the second half with?
Pretty much. Basically just swap characters every time you have the chance. I can't actually remember why playing it AABB was wrong but IIRC it made me have to go back and repeat at least one section with each to 100% it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Pretty much. Basically just swap characters every time you have the chance. I can't actually remember why playing it AABB was wrong but IIRC it made me have to go back and repeat at least one section with each to 100% it.

I was under the impression that when I beat the game as Claire I swap to Leon...then when I finish that, play it over again as Leon and swap to Claire?

I'm kinda considering just finishing Claire's first scenario and calling it a day. I'd like to get some more out of the game but I don't know if I want four playthroughs worth.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Missed the boat on this when it came out, is this a full on remake where the gameplay's changed up or just some graphical bullshit?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Missed the boat on this when it came out, is this a full on remake where the gameplay's changed up or just some graphical bullshit?

It's full-on, comparable to FF7 Remake.

A bunch of stuff is changed and some of the story didn't make it in, as I understand it. Specifically a lot of the Claire/Leon interactions. When they meet up at the fence and she's so happy to see him, it really comes out of left field since some of their bonding was inexplicably edited out.

Other than that it's pretty tremendous. Does a fantastic job with visuals and gameplay, found myself legit scared a couple times once it introduced Mr. X to follow you around.

The only downside to it whatsoever is that I don't know how much to play before the game is "beaten" since I'm not going for 100% and not sure if I want to play it four times.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was under the impression that when I beat the game as Claire I swap to Leon...then when I finish that, play it over again as Leon and swap to Claire?

I'm kinda considering just finishing Claire's first scenario and calling it a day. I'd like to get some more out of the game but I don't know if I want four playthroughs worth.
The 'correct' way to play it is Claire A -> Leon B -> Leon A -> Claire B. That's what I meant by ABAB, and the mistake I made was playing Claire A -> Leon A -> Claire B -> Leon B.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user