Resident Evil 2 (2019)

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
lmao classic IGN, clown ass company

i'll grab this despite not liking spooky games, i'm too big of a pussy to play RE7 so i may as well play this lol

RE7 scares the fucking shit out of me. I much prefer the prior RE's. RE7 is just an overdose to the senses you can barely play with the sound on. Its just that good.

Too good.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
RE7 scares the fucking shit out of me. I much prefer the prior RE's. RE7 is just an overdose to the senses you can barely play with the sound on. Its just that good.

Too good.

I likened it to being "Found Footage: The Game"

There were genuinely times i dint want to walk down hallways or enter certain rooms.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, Resident Evil 1 was the same. They actually harkened back to the original when developing 7, attempting to recapture the survival horror roots it came from.
Resident Evil 5 and 6 were both awful games.

I will never forget hearing the clicking footsteps of a Hunter coming down the hallway n my way back from the guardhouse. You dont know what that sound is when you first encounter one, but you usually found out after getting 1 shot decapitated by a hairless, green, ultra jacked rape gorilla claw dude thing. It was a sense of dread everytime you heard their claws clicking.

• 3Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Finally managed to sit down after my rage induced failure of hardcore getting through the intro. Have three saved games and stopped when Leon sees Claire in the monitor at the police station. Keep going back to earlier saves once I figure out how to go through an area and save ammunition, lol.

Is this what the entire game is going to require?! Hah.

Vorph

Don't run around lickers and you'll be fine, also Claire's Fire rounds pop them in 2 shots, and acid rounds are op as fuck(I swear instant stun on everything even X)

and the missing gun is a B-side scenario gun(.45, for both characters)
The knife can stunlock lickers to death if you want to save ammo. They also can't leave whatever room/hall they're in, so it's pretty easy to cheese them.

Apparently the PC version is easy mode if you uncap the framerate. Knife damage is definitely tied to fps like the old Dark Souls 2 durability bug, and I saw a couple people saying that it takes less ammo to kill everything too.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
For Claire A, I felt like I almost had too much ammo. I finished the game with like 150 machine gun bullets, 5 flame rounds and like 10 acid rounds even after the final boss and I was executing everything in my path. With Leon A, I'm back in the police station and I have like single digit ammo constantly. Probably due to the fact the grenade launcher basically 1-shots everything no matter the round you use.

Ignatius

#thePewPewLife
The shotgun feels pretty weaksauce to me. I don’t seem to be able to get consistent head pops with it and lickers just laugh at me when I shoot them.

Thank god they don’t follow you through rooms.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I likened it to being "Found Footage: The Game"

There were genuinely times i dint want to walk down hallways or enter certain rooms.

Basically my experience exactly.

The game would be so perfect had it had "lulls" in the terror. Shit example, but not really though its kind of atmospheric horror I guess-- but Diablo 2, where you had Act 1 then you take a break in Act 2, you still fight some bad guys but its "normalized" music and baddies. That feeling of relief from Act 1 to Act 2 is what I look for the most in survival/atmospheric horror. Take me high then take me low. Give me a rollercoaster.

Instead its just basically nonstop assrape of your senses until you tap out and a) lower volume to inaudible b) jack brightness to heavenly c) read ahead on the guide

• 1Worf

Jozu

Im ashamed to say, but I never got through 7.

In the original RE, there were many instances where the player was given a break. A lot of it was high tension, but the "safe" rooms where the chest and typewriter were, are great examples of life raft locations to get your shit together. Hunters are much more dangerous than Lickers IMO.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Does anyone else see the last decade of RE games and wonder 'WHY THE FUCK CAN WE NOT GET A SILENT HILL REMAKE LIKE THIS!?!?!?'

Jesus, it would be amazing.

Edit: Oh yea, forgot about the PT game that was so scary it made people just turn off their consoles. Cancelled by Konami. Fuck them so hard.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Jozu

The early Silent Hills were amazing. The atmosphere and pace were excellent, as well as the puzzle's and overall gameplay elements, including itemization and effectiveness of some of the enemies.

Im not sure why Konami doesnt jump in with a remake. They could just basically copy the Evil within/ The Last of Us template as far as control scheme goes, and just recreate the morbid atmosphere of the original couple Silent Hills and they would have an instant winner.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Man the Tofu theme is actually sick. TOo bad they didn't make a full soundtrack like it :(

• 1Worf

Vorph

BTW, don't make the mistake I did if you're still on your first playthrough. I forgot how the A/B thing worked and did AABB instead of ABAB like you're supposed to.

• 1Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I got a free copy of this with my video card I bought yesterday, excited to try it out. Is it a lot different than the original?

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
What an incredibly well done game!

The atmosphere was amazing; not as scary overall as 7, but I think that game gets a slight edge with the "lonely house in the middle of nowhere" feel. The way everything was reimagined from the original in terms of story and characters was great.

Difficulty-wise, I think the game falls into "difficult levels, easy bosses": William's mutations I found to be easier than facing lickers for the most part. Only boss fight i thought was "hard" was the battle with mutated Mr. X at the end: doesnt seem to be really any strategy and it became a slug fest where I was stocked up on plenty of health items so it didnt make that big a spike in difficulty.

Depsite my nitpicks, I seriously think we have a potential game of the year contender already, what a way to start the year.