Retard Dumping Ground

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
How the fuck can someone in the military ND ever given any retard with even a room temperature IQ and a hunters safety course would never fucking do that.

??? Go to a public range sometime, I have seen military mar00ns sweep their muzzles across all the benches making people scream and dive for the ground. In fairness I am pretty sure the last guy I saw do it was in the Navy. No rounds fired but still unfathomably stupid.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
For the guy who ND'd in a room full of people. I honestly don't knock him too hard for it. Civilian hunters don't clean weapons constantly and aren't loaded constantly. This guy was patrolling two or three times a day for 6 months. It's a fuckup he never should of made no question.

He was cleaning it and what he did was put in a round before he dropped the mag. If you had an unloaded mag this wouldn't have been an issue. Anyway he pulls the trigger after he inserted the pin assembly and it fired. Like soldiers do all the time when cleaning weapons.

This mistake is made more often than you'd think in the military as a whole.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
How the fuck can someone in the military ND ever given any retard with even a room temperature IQ and a hunters safety course would never fucking do that.

It's not about being smart enough once, it's about being smart enough often enough.

Safety is always a numbers game and incidents like NDs happen all the time in a lax environment. My unit had 1 ND across two deployments and it was into a clearing barrel. Shameful, but not the end of the world. Actually justified the existence of clearing barrels. The unit that relieved us on the second deployment was a MP unit that was absolute dogshit. They had multiple NDs with crew served weapons - a M240B, a M2, and a MK19 - plus 3 more with rifles that I knew about. Our CO actually cut our relief in place with the MPs short because he feared for our safety around them.

I figure complacency/familiarity is a big part of it. If I'm hunting or going to the range, I'm carrying a weapon for a limited time for a limited purpose. If I'm deployed in Iraq, I have it ALL the time, and I straight up have more opportunities to get lax and fuck up. My unit had a almost pathological desire not to be "those guys" so we were extremely diligent about weapons safety. The unit that relieved us was basically the opposite.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
IDK about y'all Gravel Gravel or Big Phoenix Big Phoenix but even an ND into a clearing barrel was going to straight up demote you in most cases when I was in Iraq 2006-2008. If you ND into a clearing barrel anywhere it was just paperwork and you'd get smoked and shit sure. Only once did I see someone ND not in a clearing barrel and I only ever saw 4 NDs personally.

The one time, a room of like 40 people we were cleaning weapons and hanging out in the bunkroom in Baghdad. Dude ND's in the middle of the room... and somehow manages to not hit any of us. The First Sergeant walks up takes the guys M4 then butt strokes him right in the face with it. Him and a platoon sergeant drag that dude out by the scruff of his neck and we didn't see his ass for like two days.

He had to, among other things, exercise till he puked, platoon sergeant straight beat the shit out of him and dig his own grave twice and sleep in it. This was like November 2006.

ND is outright impossible if you are not a retard shitbird.

I've heard enough stories and seen enough, "cover up" to believe that some dumbasses have killed people with them during the Iraq period. My favorite story that I heard many times was that in 2003 a dude doing Mess Headcount got killed because he asked and officer if his weapon was clear. The dude said yeah and pointed it at the guy's face and killed him because it wasn't. I am like 50/50 on that being true but I personally believe it because I heard it from way too many people who were actually in Iraq in 2003.
We had pretty much a no tolerance policy for it (only ever served in one unit). You'd go for UCMJ and demotion, but also kicked out of the unit (if not out of the Army altogether). I can only think of 2, however. Both were into clearing barrels in Iraq.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I often think about all the safety mechanisms for explosive weapons when I play FPS games. Inevitably, I will try and talk to a guy or interact with an object but instead accidentally remove a grenade from my webbing, grip it firmly over the spoon, remove the safety clip, pull the pin, fling it at the guy's groin, panic, run away, and reload my last save. Honest mistake. Video games are weird.

SOCOM on the PS2 is one of the games that truly tried realism in this regard. One of the mechanics was that your rounds weren't pooled. So you couldn't reload from 1/20 to 20/20 from a pool of 300 rounds. You had 6 mags you had to reload individually.

While a cool concept in terms of realistic gameplay it wasn't well received. This also predated the Combat Simulation by like a decade. Like Arma, which has its own appeal. Also the WWII sim games.

• 1Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
For the guy who ND'd in a room full of people. I honestly don't knock him too hard for it. Civilian hunters don't clean weapons constantly and aren't loaded constantly. This guy was patrolling two or three times a day for 6 months. It's a fuckup he never should of made no question.

He was cleaning it and what he did was put in a round before he dropped the mag. If you had an unloaded mag this wouldn't have been an issue. Anyway he pulls the trigger after he inserted the pin assembly and it fired. Like soldiers do all the time when cleaning weapons.

This mistake is made more often than you'd think in the military as a whole.

If you want to see peak stupid for weapons safety, PD officers take the cake. I have seen ROs light them the fuck up for a lot of dumb dumb shit. Makes you wonder how much actual training they get before they are let loose on the world. Also most Cops arent really 'Gun People' they dont know shit about fuck other than their issued weapons.

Edit - Last time I registered an AR lower at the PD the chick behind the counter told me I had to come back and 'Re-register it" once I bought an upper and attached it. 'Yeah sure honey whatever you say'.

• 1Rustled

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
. One of the mechanics was that your rounds weren't pooled. So you couldn't reload from 1/20 to 20/20 from a pool of 300 rounds. You had 6 mags you had to reload individually.
good mechanic for strategy games, not so much for FPS imo.

Makes you wonder how much actual training they get before they are let loose on the world

Bare minimum to qualify and any additional training is at your own expense.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh, also, I actually think I could see a ND with a crew served weapon as being more likely.

But only in one circumstance, and that's in the mount, on a bumpy road, where you fall into the butterfly. That doesn't excuse it, but I think that falls more in line with "accidental."

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Crew served weapons also require a lot more maintenance and it is very easy for them to fall out of maintenance. IDK how many times I had to man a turret on vehicles that weren't ours only to find the .50 was barely serviceable. The charging handle couldn't be pulled back despite me being 19 and strong. I never really had to touch a MK19.

This is a fairly unique experience as I had to travel outside our AO a lot.

FOBBITs had way worse shit where they just drag around their weapon as a accessory and don't clean it for the entire year. I have personally seen rusted up SAWs lol.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Bare minimum to qualify and any additional training is at your own expense.

Here they invest their auxiliary time and effort in BJJ / MMA training which actually makes sense because every hoodlum clown here is doing exactly the same.

ziggyholiday

<Bronze Donator>
SATCOM so fat chance of dealing with a ND BUT a guy I knew from high school was in Leavenworth for killing someone with a ND while on guard duty in Bosnia. Shit happens.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
IDK about y'all Gravel Gravel Gravel Gravel or Big Phoenix Big Phoenix Big Phoenix Big Phoenix but even an ND into a clearing barrel was going to straight up demote you in most cases when I was in Iraq 2006-2008.
Correct, "accidental discharges" dont exist in the military, only negligent as guns legitimately accidentally going off require the stars aligning.

Reality is most car "accidents" are nothing more than acts of negligence and its a damn shame we dont treat them like that. Driving too fast for conditions, improper maintenance(tires), distracted driving, out just outright stupidity are all called accidents when it happens. Running a red and tboning another car isnt an accident, thats an act of stupidity.
I've heard enough stories and seen enough, "cover up" to believe that some dumbasses have killed people with them during the Iraq period. My favorite story that I heard many times was that in 2003 a dude doing Mess Headcount got killed because he asked and officer if his weapon was clear. The dude said yeah and pointed it at the guy's face and killed him because it wasn't.
Oh god i have some first hand experience with this.

So when I was on camp guard at Camp Pendleton for a time they had this bright idea to have us do armed patrol around Las Flores. Well one day I was walking around hating life because I was patrolling Camp Pendleton with a loaded M16 and this dipshit Corporal walks past me. I greet him like the good little Private I was and instead of greeting me back he just says "Do you know how youre fucked up Private?". Im at a loss for words with what this dude is getting at so I just say no. Well this dipshit starts going on about how with the way Im carrying my rifle(I had it slung on my shoulder, barrel pointing up) if I where to drop it, its possible a round could chamber and fire. Now you need to understand this is something that is literally physically impossible with an M16. The amount of force it would take for an M16 to fall and land on its buttstock and cause the bolt to go far enough to the rear for it to pickup a round would completely obliterate the rifle. Thats not even getting into the fact the trigger mechanism is drop safe and designed to withstand falling form chest height without firing(like basically all guns aside from wonderful Sigs).

So at the time this dipshit said this I knew he was completely and utterly wrong, but being a Private there was nothing I could do or say especially since the dipshit was angry from the second he saw me. But the thing is he didnt just stop there with this impossible fantasy land scenario. He then brought up an incident that happened Iraq, where someone from our unit "accidentally" killed another Marine. He said exactly what he just described to me happened, a Marine dropped his rifle and it caused the rifle to chamber a round which then discharged. After he was done spewing his bullshit I just said "Yes Corporal" unslung my rifle and continued on. Eventually I returned to the guard shack where as I came up to change over with the next shift, the Sergeant on desk duty said that he got a call from Corporal Dipshit about my unsafe behavior. Luckily as retarded as Corporal Dipshit was, this Sergeant was as level headed. I explained to him exactly what happened and he just rolled his eyes and that was the end of it.

Anyways that had really happened in Iraq was nothing more than apparently a case of people being stereotypical retards in the military. Those guys had this game called "trust" where they would point their rifles at each other and basically say "do you trust me?" and pull the trigger. Well turns out thats a bad idea because in the instance Corporal Dipshit was referring to the rifle wasnt unloaded so when the trigger was pulled the victim took a round to the chest point blank. This little incident really opened my eyes to how retarded the average person can be in the military and how quickly your life can be destroyed by the actions of these retards.
You have to be a real dipshit to have a ND, for sure.
Only ND I saw while in the military was during rifle qualification. I forget exactly what portion we where doing but everyone was lined up getting directions from the booth when this Gunnery Sergeant(E7) let one go from his M4. They pulled him off the line but no idea what actually happened to him as he wasnt in my unit.

Also rumor was this Sergeant on my team had a ND during a prior deployment but because he was well liked by the command it was more or less swept under the rug.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
hey Amod Amod whats up with this negligent discharge of firearms derail?

• 1GreNeg

a_skeleton_01

<Banned>
Oh, also, I actually think I could see a ND with a crew served weapon as being more likely.

But only in one circumstance, and that's in the mount, on a bumpy road, where you fall into the butterfly. That doesn't excuse it, but I think that falls more in line with "accidental."

I would call that as the perfect distinction between "accidental" and "negligent."