Retro and New Video Game Picture/Video Thread

Szlia

By virtue of me still humming it from time to time almost 25 years after playing the game, I guess by favorite boss music is from Gradius III:

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
By virtue of me still humming it from time to time almost 25 years after playing the game, I guess by favorite boss music is from Gradius III:

Ahhhh the memories
smile.png

I bought an N64 today with goldeneye, starfox, and shadows of the empire. Got a fine deal. Ordered some of those custom cases off ebay, hope the quality doesnt suck cock. Also picked up the Zelda Mast Quest disc for gamecube. Nice hole in the wall shop had some sweet deals.

I was thinking about picking up one of those EverDrives from Stone Age Gamer. Anyone ever used one?
Stone Age Gamer EverDriveT :: Nintendo 64 :: EverDrive64 v2 (Deluxe Edition) [North America] -

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
Played some Toki over the weekend. Classic arcade game. Pretty fun game to play for a few minutes at a time. Made it to level 6. Plan on finishing it this weekend.

rrr_img_93480.jpg
rrr_img_93481.jpg
rrr_img_93482.jpg
rrr_img_93483.jpg

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've had this old game I used to play kicking around in my head lately. It was for PC, maybe mid to late 90's. You played a caveman, and I'm 90% sure it was a side scroller for most of the time. You could also make spearheads and hatchets by striking the flint you found into different shapes, but you could fuck up and break your flint.

Anyone have any idea what this game was called? I'd be interested in replaying it.

rasstapp_sl

shitlord
Not the same game, but you mentioning caveman made me think about UGH! An awesome little game where you basically play a ancient chopper pilot. Good times, thanks!

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I've had this old game I used to play kicking around in my head lately. It was for PC, maybe mid to late 90's. You played a caveman, and I'm 90% sure it was a side scroller for most of the time. You could also make spearheads and hatchets by striking the flint you found into different shapes, but you could fuck up and break your flint.

Anyone have any idea what this game was called? I'd be interested in replaying it.
The only cavemangamesI can think of from the 90s are Bonk's Adventure, Chuck Rock, and Prehistorik, and I don't remember any of those allowing you to make spearheads and hatchets from flint.

Marmac

Molten Core Raider

Only one that comes to mind is Joe and Mac or Caveman Ninja.
rrr_img_93633.jpg
rrr_img_93634.jpg
rrr_img_93635.jpg
rrr_img_93636.png

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The only cavemangamesI can think of from the 90s are Bonk's Adventure, Chuck Rock, and Prehistorik, and I don't remember any of those allowing you to make spearheads and hatchets from flint.
He said PC, so it could be pretty obscure.

Szlia

I did some google-fu for PCgamesfeaturing a caveman and while I found half a dozengames, none fit the bill, with the exception of a lone forum post about a guy looking for the title of a caveman survival game that had a day counter of some sort. The guy only played the demo of the game and had it on one of those demo compilation disk that were bundled withvideogame mags at the time. To put a cherry on top: the game was probably a shareware...

This goes to show that no matter how somewhat young a mediumvideogame is, huge chunks of its history are already very close to being lost. And that's not even touching things like self publishedgamesduring the early eighties that were also self distributed with consignment stock at a limited number of stores.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I found that same post. His description is pretty much exactly what I remember. I do remember it only being the demo I played. It sucks that I don't remember the name.

Szlia

In case you got the demo with avideogame mag, a good clue would be knowing which one. A number ofvideogame mags are pretty well archived, so unless you got it with some obscure fanzine, it might be possible to find the title of the game that way.