Treasured Member
zEhLxhN.gif

3EbIUJU.gif

zEhLxhN.gif

3EbIUJU.gif

9th Otaku_sl

shitlord
Japan... you so crazy....

Ok, this one is called Faria. This game has you rescuing a princess. The gameplay is similar to "Dragon Warrior" meets "Secret of Mana", you move around on the overworld like any other RPG but when you get into combat, you fight in a top down combat style similar to The Legend of Zelda. Dungeons are handled like combat zones. The game is fucking hard and has the weirdest plot ever. I can't believe this game was ever on sale in America considering... SPOILER ALERT!

... your character starts female. The whole point is that you're trying to break this curse on you to turn you back into a guy as you supposedly were a guy that got cursed into being a chick. Once that happens, you can marry the princess and live happily ever after or some shit... but you heard that right... your entire mission is to get a sex change so you can get hitched....

Anyway... here are some screens, since I can't make a post without pictures if I can help it.

rrr_img_18724.jpg
rrr_img_18725.jpg
rrr_img_18726.png
rrr_img_18727.jpg

rrr_img_18724.jpg

rrr_img_18725.jpg

rrr_img_18726.png

rrr_img_18727.jpg

rrr_img_18724.jpg

rrr_img_18725.jpg

rrr_img_18726.png

rrr_img_18727.jpg

9th Otaku_sl

shitlord
Here is another from my favorites of yesteryear... Metalstorm.

This game has you raiding what amounts to be a Death Star before it blows Earth to hell. Apparently, Cyberg is an AI controlled Superweapon that was meant to keep the peace... instead, it blew up Neptune.

The thing that makes this game awesome is the ability to flip gravity allowing you to run along the ceilings and making for some very tricky obstacles. This is the first game I came across of its type that really made me think about what I had to do to win. Plus its made by Irem, the company that brought us R-Type (The Third Stage/Boss of R-Type makes a cameo in the background of the 6th boss battle).

rrr_img_19142.gif
rrr_img_19137.jpg
rrr_img_19138.jpg
rrr_img_19139.jpg
rrr_img_19140.jpg
rrr_img_19141.jpg

rrr_img_19142.gif

rrr_img_19137.jpg

rrr_img_19138.jpg

rrr_img_19139.jpg

rrr_img_19140.jpg

rrr_img_19141.jpg

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
I never knew that...cool

I'm sure many of you already knew there are multiple endings based on how much money you accumulate:

rrr_img_19173.png

rrr_img_19172.png

...But did you know there's a secret "bad ending" if you pass the game with $0?
I had no idea until many years after the fact. Kind of interesting!

rrr_img_19173.png

rrr_img_19172.png

Anybody know the name of a street motorcycle arcade racing game during the 1990s?
I remembered playing as a kid vividly, pop in the coin, and ride.
The graphic was pretty nice for its time, sort of like NIRIN now.
I'm pretty sure there were 3 bikes to choose from with different rider, a kamen rider with ducatti (of sort), an American with a chopper (I think), and another one I can't remember.
I think this game was in the late 90s.

Unrelated: Virtual-On

Nobody_sl

shitlord
Anybody know the name of a street motorcycle arcade racing game during the 1990s?
I remembered playing as a kid vividly, pop in the coin, and ride.
The graphic was pretty nice for its time, sort of like NIRIN now.
I'm pretty sure there were 3 bikes to choose from with different rider, a kamen rider with ducatti (of sort), an American with a chopper (I think), and another one I can't remember.
I think this game was in the late 90s.
Was it Cyber Cycles? It's got three bikes, one of them looks like a chopper, and the other (sorta) like a Ducatti.

Also, bitches don't know nothin' bout my Tesla Coils and FMV cutscenes...
rrr_img_19922.jpg
rrr_img_19923.gif
rrr_img_19924.jpg
rrr_img_19925.jpg

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
Rygar... I don't think as a kid I could ever finish it. Some areas seemed like mazes where you just went to the same room over and over:
rrr_img_19927.png
rrr_img_19928.jpg

9th Otaku_sl

shitlord
Rygar... I don't think as a kid I could ever finish it. Some areas seemed like mazes where you just went to the same room over and over:
rrr_img_19927.png
rrr_img_19928.jpg
Beat it too. Took me quite a few tries. The thing I hated about the game was no password feature and no save feature, so you had to complete the entire game in one sitting unless you were lucky enough to have a game action replay...

Pic Related; one of the later areas of Rygar called "Lapis". Killing the boss here earns you the Coat of Arms, which allows you to get a red potion from the Indra who ask if you have the God's Coat of Arms. This is also home to a robot enemy that gives the most experience in the game. If you can handle them, you can easily max out your stats in about 15 minutes. Now where is my Nerd Cred?

rrr_img_19993.png

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also mad props for Rygar's music, I whistle the stage themes all the damn time.