Retro and New Video Game Picture/Video Thread

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Fucking newbies. Here's a screenshot.

ZORK I: The Great Underground Empire
Copyright (c) 1981, 1982, 1983 Infocom, Inc. All rights reserved.
ZORK is a registered trademark of Infocom, Inc.
Revision 88 / Serial number 840726

West of House
You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

>
One of the creators of Zork, Dave Lebling, played on the Prexus server as a ranger named Vizco. He's still a relatively active poster on the old Prexus message board.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/20/c...ummit-hide-wi/

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
My mom bought me Phantasy Star 3 for me at Compucenter for 109.99+ tax back in '91. She said that was the last video game she would ever buy me at a price like that.
Boy, was she wrong... FF3 anyone?
Haha yeah, I remember that. My dad got it for me and I was showing him and my little brother shit about it. God that game was awesome. I need it on iOS or Android...

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I thought PS3 was the weakest of the series. PS2 was super hard, even with the hint book that came with it. PS4 was really good as well, but came out right as the Genesis/Megadrive was on its death-bed. Great series all around, though. The first one on the SMS was so much better than anything on the NES.

Moreclothes

Golden Knight of the Realm
PS3 was certainly the weakest in the series if you played the first two. Sega wanted to create an RPG that would allow those that have not played the series access to it but ended up alienating existing fans.

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_7264.jpg
rrr_img_7265.jpg
rrr_img_7266.jpg
rrr_img_7267.jpg
rrr_img_7268.jpg
rrr_img_7269.jpg

rrr_img_7264.jpg

rrr_img_7265.jpg

rrr_img_7266.jpg

rrr_img_7267.jpg

rrr_img_7268.jpg

rrr_img_7269.jpg

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Bro, she's playing with power. She can barely even look at it, it's so powerful.

Crell_sl

shitlord
The start of my retro game room in the apt. Still need some decorations / unpack and shelve the other half of my collection.
rrr_img_7305.jpg

Another view. Zelda 2 gold cart!
rrr_img_7306.jpg

A few of my Nintedo Powers I saved as a kid. A must (Still have the posters in it!)
rrr_img_7307.jpg

My old Sega Master System, with original box. Never saved my Nintendo box, but I did for this.
rrr_img_7308.jpg

rrr_img_7305.jpg

rrr_img_7306.jpg

rrr_img_7307.jpg

rrr_img_7308.jpg

xrg

Golden Squire
That TMNT Nintendo Power has a section towards the end with a guy (J-Scott Campbell) winning some award for doing concept art for a fake game called Lockarm. I draw too, and always really liked that article as a kid. Me and my friends would basically design games similarly, where I drew the pictures. I wish I still had them, they were probably really terrible.

pG3D6.jpg

9ojdV.jpg

pG3D6.jpg

9ojdV.jpg

xrg

Golden Squire
I'm more concerned about that hand-cannon sitting on the table. Duck-Hunt was a training ground for gun violence.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Me too. And we legitimately found the Mega Man 3 invicible cheat by doing that. Although for awhile I just thought my game was bugging to shit, as I was occasionally jumping 50 feet in the air and being like "WTF IS GOING ON?"