Revelation Online

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Ye, I give it a few months before you burn out. Leveling is a joke, but there is a lot stuff to do at higher levels. I mainly play because my guild does. Too many limitations on PKing, dungeons, crafting and harvesting for my taste. It might change though. Closed beta was only to level 49 of 79.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kind of cool. Haven't played it enough to be able to have any long term view though. Wish I had started earlier, so I could test out the PvP, which will be the only thing that will keep me in this game long term. Watched a video with 500vs500. Couldn't really tell what was going on but it could be fun.

They haven't finished the translations yet, so still tons of Chinese text and voice overs. Not a big deal, everything is pretty obvious. And I kind of like the vibe it gives. I assume that will all be taken care of before release in 2017 (Q1?).

Leveling is very fast at early stages. Flying is cool. Makes me want to log into Aion again, untilI I remember what a one sided shit show the PvP became.

Don't regret my purchase. I can see playing this for 2 or 3 months.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Organized PvP so far seems an AoE-fest. Tank pulls enemies in, raid drops AoE, watch graveyard of enemies. Not sure if there is much more room for any other tactics. Other than that Healer was a blast so far in PvP.

Last edited:

Molten Core Raider
I snagged a founder pack and honestly, kinda regretting it. This game just feels like it wants to be Blade and Soul so bad but isnt anywhere near as polished. I havent gotten high enough level to get the wings and all yet so maybe it will develop its own identity later but so far all it makes me wanna do is reinstall BnS.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Agree.

Half the game isn't even translated yet...get halfway thru a quest, and it kicks into Korean a lot of times. No voice overs are in English.

The combat is good. Better than BnS IMO, not as good as Tera.

I have no idea what the story is even about after 30 levels. That forgettable.

Lvl 30 and I literally have done nothing but follow the quest line. At least it's not a grind. Game is OK I guess. Middle of the road as it gets.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
It is stupid Asian and leveling is aids, but has nice potential for guild warfare.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I keep hearing the pve touted as something far better than most Asian mmos. This true or is this still grind/ pvp like the rest ?

Ridas

Pay to play forum
There are okay dungeons, world bosses and I cant think of anything too grindy at the moment. When I played it in Beta I always had something to do and got sidetracked constantly. There is a lot of content in this game, but not sure how long it stays entertaining.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nothing is streamlined or westernized, you have tokens and tags and icons and thingamajics to click that do things. But the things they do are not really in line with anything that makes sense.

Questing is autorun to the next npc and spam fffffspace fffffspace till you get the next autorun marker. Systems of advancement peter out or start up out of the blue.

There is a lot of game covered in asian shit so much that I wonder if I got slipped something in my drink. I fully expect some asian dude in a string bikini that is actually a one piece will jump out the screen and start humping a random orifice the next time I log on.

But hey it is kinda new. And there might be something there. Maybe. Dude get your dick out my nostril.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From what my reading up about this has concluded, this will be exactly like Lineage 2 at launch.

i.e. massive chinese bot armies monopolizing all the good content.

rang rang
pk pk pk
cao ni ma

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Sweet might have to give it a try, my title in L2 was "cao ni ma" and our guild emblem was a US Flag. We would go in the newbie dungeon and kill them by the hordes was a blast. Loved having a red rogue using a starter dagger with back stab was so overpowered.