Rick and Morty

elidib

Vyemm Raider
they're both pretty close to Roiland's voice... Rick VA needs to drop it lower like half an octave and make it more gravelly, Morty's needs to be just a touch less nasally.

It's close enough to not take me totally out of it. The question is whether the writing is going to be better than "haha hey remember that thing you thought was funny in season 2 when the show was still good?!?!?!? Have a full episode of that!!"

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They sound fine a lot of the time but in what is basically a voice reel so the audience can see things are going to be fine Rick randomly doesn't sound at all like Rick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The important part of Rick is his sarcastic tones and followups which they did not highlight in the trailer.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll still watch it because what else am I doing?

At least it's not as bad as the three Fred Flintstone voices.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Definitely "close" enough to not take me completely out of it, I agree. But certain moments are off enough that it's jarring. It'll 100% come down to the writing. If it's pretty average like it has been the past few seasons, I don't see myself sticking around.

• 1Like

Heian

Molten Core Raider
The Rick and Morty voice actors does a decent job. I expect thems to get better.

The voice actor that does the Homer Simpson in Québec died a few years ago and the new one does not work for me. The Simpsons is a special case. I have been listening to that guy for 30 years. I only watch it in english since.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The Rick and Morty voice actors does a decent job. I expect thems to get better.

The voice actor that does the Homer Simpson in Québec died a few years ago and the new one does not work for me. The Simpsons is a special case. I have been listening to that guy for 30 years. I only watch it in english since.

What do you mean, like a dude that does French dubs of Simpsons?

Heian

Molten Core Raider
What do you mean, like a dude that does French dubs of Simpsons?

They did a tribute for the actor in the american generic when he died. The Québec and france dub is very different. The Québec version use French canadian VA they really try to match the American version with the text, jokes and voices. The france version feels really weird and from another dimension.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
They did a tribute for the actor in the american generic when he died. The Québec and france dub is very different. The Québec version use French canadian VA they really try to match the American version with the text, jokes and voices. The france version feels really weird and from another dimension.

yeah that’s my confusion, Dan Castellenetta(?) is very much alive.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Morty sounds 100%, Rick is off but its not by a lot. Need to see a whole episode, not writing off the show off a short trailer.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I have no idea why they didn't even try to match the voice
they not only completely changed the voice they completely changed the fucking character. They should of just killed off Korvo and introduced Terry2 which is all the new korvo is, a fucking retarded clone of terry.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
they not only completely changed the voice they completely changed the fucking character. They should of just killed off Korvo and introduced Terry2 which is all the new korvo is, a fucking retarded clone of terry.
After watching the latest season I have to agree, he was the smart one or at least the academic with answers but now he literally is a dumber Terry. Would be like if Brain suddenly became more like pinky...what's the point...

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just watched the new episode. Honestly, I liked it a lot. Morty wasn't in it at all, and Rick's voice sounded pretty spot on. As did Bird Person, Squanch, and Poopy Butthole. The only bad voice was fake Hugh Jackman.
It was a funny episode. And the after credits scene was decent as well.

Welcome Back!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I just watched the new episode. Honestly, I liked it a lot. Morty wasn't in it at all, and Rick's voice sounded pretty spot on. As did Bird Person, Squanch, and Poopy Butthole. The only bad voice was fake Hugh Jackman.
It was a funny episode. And the after credits scene was decent as well.

Welcome Back!
Yeah, once I stopped trying to nitpick the voices it didn't even really register anymore.