Rick and Morty

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I would love to sit in on their initial brainstorming sessions for episodes. God those must be hilarious.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The entire Wong monologue sounds like a more well rehearsed rant from Dan on Harmontown, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if wrote that entire thing himself. Though now will start the onslaught of Pickle Rick merchandising by Justin.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I really hope the phrase, "I never bullshit, pickleman" picks up some traction in real conversations.

• 2Worf

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
Honestly, the episode didn't make me laugh as much as the last one, but the action was pretty on point. Loving this season so far!

• 2Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I didn't really like the previous episode all that much but I was super, super happy with this one. I'm not sure I've ever seen such a retarded initial premise pave the way to something of such high quality in any media ever.
Exactly. The cold open made me think, "this might be a stinker episode". NOPE. Brilliant.

• 1Like

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
I might be crazy but I think the last 2 episodes have been my least favorite of the entire series. The Pickle Rick action sequences were cool and well done but kinda felt pointless. None of the jokes are landing either and the the writing has felt really heavy handed. Like Croetec said it does kinda feel like when Harmon gets overly preachy about something on Harmontown.

I think my enjoyment of the show comes from interaction between Rick and Morty and how they both deal with the adventures they go on. The last 2 episodes have barley had any of that. I hope they get back to that and lay off the family drama or at the very least incorporate that shit better into a wacky adventure not just have all the characters go to a nomral therapist's office in a mall.

• 4Picard
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
See, I'm the exact opposite. I see the Rick/Morty interaction as something that's necessary to move the plot along from one crazy encounter to the next. The ancillary characters are always the most memorable moments for me. Mr Poopy Butthole, Birdman, Krombopulos Michael, MR Meeseeks, Scary Terry, King Jellybean, etc. Those are easily the most amusing(& often most quotable) moments on the show.

• 2Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I might be crazy but I think the last 2 episodes have been my least favorite of the entire series. The Pickle Rick action sequences were cool and well done but kinda felt pointless. None of the jokes are landing either and the the writing has felt really heavy handed. Like Croetec said it does kinda feel like when Harmon gets overly preachy about something on Harmontown.

I think my enjoyment of the show comes from interaction between Rick and Morty and how they both deal with the adventures they go on. The last 2 episodes have barley had any of that. I hope they get back to that and lay off the family drama or at the very least incorporate that shit better into a wacky adventure not just have all the characters go to a nomral therapist's office in a mall.
GzqYoby.gif

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was pretty meh about Episode 2 of S3 but I like E01 and E03. I generally appreciate and am entertained by Rick being an unstoppable force of universal nature and the whole "wtf is going on" the entire episode of ep. 3 kept me interested.

• 1Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I appreciated Rick showing people what he would do if the setting were Warhammer and the Vermintide was rising.

• 1Worf

wat

Golden Knight of the Realm
See, I'm the exact opposite. I see the Rick/Morty interaction as something that's necessary to move the plot along from one crazy encounter to the next. The ancillary characters are always the most memorable moments for me. Mr Poopy Butthole, Birdman, Krombopulos Michael, MR Meeseeks, Scary Terry, King Jellybean, etc. Those are easily the most amusing(& often most quotable) moments on the show.

Yeah your right about the ancillary characters being great for the most part. Probably another reason these episodes haven't clicked for me, Mad Max mustache man and Danny Trejo aren't as good as Birdman or Meeseeks.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Over the top episode slight laughs but tHe creativity behind "let's make pickle Rick science himself outta this one" was completely unexpectededly gruesomely awesome

• 2Like

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Israel was savage. Nubnub was awesome.

Last week was a bit better, but this was still solid.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users