Rick and Morty

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Last week wasn’t great, but the post credit lawn mower scene might be the funniest thing the show has ever done

Xevy

Log Wizard
I liked episode 1 more than 2. The voice actor they've got is really good, unless I'm REALLY trying to discern the difference I can't. If you just turn your brain off and enjoy it's like 1:1. The only thing that feels a little different is Rick's pacing as he seems to talk slower than he used to, which may just be because the VA is mentally trying to be Rick rather than just going into it like Roiland could at that point.

I wonder if Gene is a running gag. I'd be down for it. A Gene spotting every episode.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I noticed the difference in Morty's voice this episode probably because he spoke more but it wasn't enough to take away from the show.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

You can't focus on it too much or you'll just get distracted. Kind of like in Farscape when Pilot's voice got changed - it's jarring, but eventually if you watch enough of it, you get used to it and ignore the change

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, the voices seemed even better in this episode and I liked it more than episode 1. First 5 min was great.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Therapist, President, and Unity all in one episode. They even managed to sneak in the Hollywood answering machine trope.

Also, who has been snitching around the universe that Rick is pursuing that guy?

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I thought this episode was lame and a herald of what the new continuity episodes are going to look like. This is the weirdest thing I have ever witnessed. It seems like the episodes are only decent because of the template of the past seasons in which Roiland was very involved, but it is a more restrained and by-the-numbers show because he is no longer involved. So you have this groundbreaking show that became tame and unexciting but you can still have great one off episodes that ape the original. The serialized episodes are going to suffer because the writers are typical shitty millennial writers so it is just trite shit about boundaries (that was already explored in the first Unity episode) but now they throw in therapy.....and do nothing interesting with it so it just turns into a pile of milquetoast slop.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Decent episode. That video of his life that was shown after the dude died was very touching. This isn't a top 10 episode by any means, but it was still good. The after credits scene was dumb.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Decent episode. That video of his life that was shown after the dude died was very touching. This isn't a top 10 episode by any means, but it was still good. The after credits scene was dumb.
It was good because it was quite complex, it wasn't just... oh here is a good life... it was a life with ups and downs but lived under his own terms. Like how he wanted to die.

Also... was the guy that was married with the love of his life not the guy that killed himself and then Morty did the eulogy for at his funeral?
That is extra fucked up. Love it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It felt like an episode of Rick and Morty instead of some kind of AI generated slurry which I appreciated.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The voice of Rick is basically spot on. 99.8% of the time I can't tell a difference at all. There are a few nuances/annunciations here and there, but that's about it.

Morty on the other hand sounds pretty off to me. It's "close enough" to not be completely distracting, but it isn't nearly as close as Rick.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It was a solid episode. Return of Evil Morty. I liked the story, and a the way things fell into and out of place. It was a bit depressing at the end, but I guess that's par for the course.