Riddick (2013)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This movie could be taking places before Chronicles and after Pitch Black. Or maybe even before both.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's penance for not going to see Pitch Black in the theater and being completely surprised at how awesome it was a year or more later.

Granted, I did go and see Chronicles, and it has plenty of awesome moments even if the movie was pretty uneven.

Ryanz

<Banned>
One of my favorite syfi series of all time. After watching Chronicles I could see this series becoming something like Star Wars or Star Trek where it has it's own cult following and deep story and history etc. At least that's what I was hoping, cus I really dig the characters/creatures/worlds within the series. Can't wait for this third installment and hope there are many more to come.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Chronicles popped up on a movie channel so I've got it sitting at home on the DVR. I'm going to give it another shot because enough people here really like it and I generally agree with the group think opinion on things at RR, but I remember actively disliking the movie after being a huge Pitch Black fan. It just felt...hollywood...to me.

I honestly haven't seen the film since the theater though. Maybe an older me will enjoy it more.

fucker_sl

shitlord
Chronicles popped up on a movie channel so I've got it sitting at home on the DVR. I'm going to give it another shot because enough people here really like it and I generally agree with the group think opinion on things at RR, but I remember actively disliking the movie after being a huge Pitch Black fan. It just felt...hollywood...to me.

I honestly haven't seen the film since the theater though. Maybe an older me will enjoy it more.
Chronicles is one of those unusual movies that had the real potential to be something amazing, but never managed to do that last step. It lacked something in the general feeling of the movie even if background, actors and story were all there. In the end unfortunatelly, it felt empty

too hollywood ? yeah i think you can use that term to describe it

Siliconemelons

For me chronicals was kinda... well... all the trailers where like huge epic shots- giant citys, vin doing his thang...then that's like 10% the movie and as we all guessed, just cool visuals and not really "really" part of the world that we are in during the movie.

I still liked it, I also like that Babylon AD movie (directors cut is what I saw) he was in.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The only version of Chronicles to watch is Twohy (I always spell his name wrong) Director's Cut. It still suffers from awful acting, but the story genuinely makes sense.

It's too Hollywood because Hollywood/Studio decided to fuck up Twohy/Diesel's script. They're both cult sci-fi nuts, but cult sci-fi doesn't sell :/

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
honestly, i'm excited it's coming out. i'm excited that people like vin are making movies and i'm excited that people like vin are bankrolling movies in order to get the things they enjoy out there. that being said... i... don't get it. this LOOKS to be what hangover 2 is to hangover 1. some guys are chasing riddick. then they catch him. then the planet that they are on gets dark. then the monsters that only come out at night come out. then they all work together to get away from the monsters that can see in the dark.

i mean, the only difference so far is that in pitch black, we didn't see them capture riddick. they just had him then they crashed. honestly, if i didn't know better, it looks a whole lot like how evil dead 2 rebooted evil dead 1. like, it's the same characters, the same story, the same outcome just... put together a bit better and changed in order to continue the story a little better. /shrug

Goatface

don't know if this is covering stuff that isn't in the movie or what
read a comment that there will be more, but couldn't find anything official, just a note saying they will be releasing something new on fridays until it comes out.
Riddick Official Motion Comic - Blindsided (2013)

furyanfriday.jpeg

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Dislike the animation style, but interesting tidbits nonetheless. They really should expand upon the universe a bit more.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I liked both movies. I have no problem suspending disbelief and thoroughly enjoying movies for what they are. I guess some people cannot, and therefore cannot enjoy movies like they are made to be enjoyed.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No interest in this one yet? Always liked the story and felt they could have made it into a great series of films. This looks entertaining, but feels like a half-and-half from Pitch Black and Chronicles.