RIP Brad McQuaid

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Who is shitting on him?

I don't know if I've seen this community be this respectful...like...ever. Especially to someone w/o tits.

This is the type of post someone who doesn't know this community makes.

He’s always been overly sensitive and takes things personal.

When I die and people realize it two years after I stop posting I fully expect people to make memes, jokes, offer to “console” my wife, etc. on here. I’d be bummed if people didn’t.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
He’s always been overly sensitive and takes things personal.

When I die and people realize it two years after I stop posting I fully expect people to make memes, jokes, offer to “console” my wife, etc. on here. I’d be bummed if people didn’t.

I had the same thought!

And yet, we won’t even get that level of respect.

A3EA3B3F-9A18-4142-9ECA-2FF85ACC5A37.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm suspicious that when he embezzled cash for his wife's cancer treatmemts, it wasn't for his wife's cancer.

Just because he died doesn't absolve him of the shitty things he did while alive.

But there's no reason to harp on them anymore. The reason to harp on them to begin with was so that he wouldn't do them again. Well, that's a problem we no longer face.

If you take up a donation, send it to his widow. Not his company. If she wants to, she can invest it in his company.

Don't use his death as a fund raising event, you panth-e-tards.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I'm suspicious that when he embezzled cash for his wife's cancer treatmemts, it wasn't for his wife's cancer.

Desperate times cause desperate actions. Not forgetting it, but I can't say what I'd do if my wife or daughter were in critical health danger. I don't condone it, but I can understand.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
^^ That. Complete dick move. But if that was the difference between my son probably living or not, then thanks for the free money folks. I'd feel bad, but even knowing I could go to jail, I'd do it. Hard to be too judgemental in a situation like that.

Now, if it were for drugs or even rent, that's another story.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

I did not know he even did that. Guess I was not following along close enough. That's unfortunate, stealing is stealing.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I did not know he even did that. Guess I was not following along close enough. That's unfortunate, stealing is stealing.

That’s what broke up the original team. He took a “cash advance” of $45k from their initial round of crowd funding to pay off his personal debt without telling anyone on the team he was going to do it. There were angry posts from the other team members wives and everything. I’m not sure if he ever paid it back, but any “payback” would have came from crowd funding for the game anyway so I’m not even really sure it is possible to technically be paid back.

Last edited:

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Silius' contribution was the awful 'Shores of Darkness' content update. Think WoW daily quests concentrated in one giant landmass where the envirnoment + mobs look like they were randomly generated. Then the Panetheon dungeon.. which ended up not being a dungeon... but a hub where you go grind SoD even more. Completely killed my enjoyment of the game.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Silius was bad, it seemed his whole job was to go contrary to "the vision" and dismantle type systems to make them trivial and ezmode.. Man, I miss Vangaurd almost as much as old EQ. The dungeon crawling in Vanguard was top notch.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
If you go, I'm assuming you knew something about the Clinton's and you got 2 butt pellets to the back of the head

I think this is the perfect time to state I'm very happy, would never kill myself, Hillary has never done anything illegal or morally wrong, and Epstein didn't kill himself.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
yea but fuck Silius. He ruined Vanguard
Silius was one of the reasons I quit Vanguard back in the day. He's a fucking idiot. I truly hope that Silius is working in another industry like the fast food industry for instance. I don't think he could possibly fuck up french fries that bad.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users