RIP Brad McQuaid

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hopefully they have a big EQ funeral. Would be a weird/cool video for the family to have.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Would concur that if people are wanting to donate giving to Pantheon seems to make more sense than flowers that will get thrown in the trash later that day.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Helping his family with a gofundme is a better idea than donating to a game. Even just cremations alone with nothing else are thousands of dollars. If his family just lost the bread winner would be nice to help them over a video game.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Helping his family with a gofundme is a better idea than donating to a game. Even just cremations alone with nothing else are thousands of dollars. If his family just lost the bread winner would be nice to help them over a video game.

His family may stand to benefit from that game that he owned? And more so than your donation amount if it were to succeed. Not sure what you're thinking. Whole point would be to benefit his family.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
His family may stand to benefit from that game that he owned? And more so than your donation amount if it were to succeed. Not sure what you're thinking. Whole point would be to benefit his family.
They may stand to benefit from it, if it releases and is profitable. That's a big if on both accounts.

• 2Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>

Simple cremation only is less than 1k. At least in Florida. Thats with the death certificate and the rest of the misc.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Flower Arrangement in the form of a Fiery Avenger sounds like the best idea. Not anonymous, maybe a quote or saying from EQ or these forums that is meaningful.

Problem is funerals usually happen quickly so there isn't much time to coordinate, and getting a sword probably requires finding the nearest flower boutique and getting it started asap.

Donations to other causes can be left up to each individual.

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
He brought me into his world and I loved it. EQ was the one living game world for me. Nothing has ever been like it since. Go forth sweet prince and snort lines off clouds.

• 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, this has me all sorts of fucked up. EQ remains the most magical experience of my life, pretty much. RIP.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean whats with all the donation talk? I thought the guy was loaded, assumption woudl be that his family is gonna be just fine financially? Or am I out of the loop.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Unless he had some kind of crazy contract I wouldn’t imagine his family stands to gain anything from the game. Even if it was out and making money, why would profits transfer to his family upon his death?

I am not saying it isn’t possible, I’ve just never heard of anything like that with such a small company that doesn’t even have a product yet.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I mean whats with all the donation talk? I thought the guy was loaded, assumption woudl be that his family is gonna be just fine financially? Or am I out of the loop.

He was not loaded anymore. When he stole the $45k from the original team in the beginning he took it all to pay personal debts because he was in such financial trouble.

• 2Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
RIP in peace sweet prince
0dJuu3Z.png

• 14Like
  • 6Worf
  • 2Mother of God
Reactions: 22 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Rest in peace. Thanks for creating a world I lived in for many years. Say hi to Keith Parkinson.

everquest.jpg

A Norwegian song of remembrance

Helvegen is a song about death, dying and remembering those who have passed. About crossing over and about letting go. It is a song about searching for lost songs and old traditions.

The Way to Hel

I sought the songs
I sent the songs
when the deepest well
offered drops so mighty
of Valfather’s pledge

I know it all, Odin
where you hid your eye

Who will sing me in the death-sleep
sing me when I walk the road to Hel
and the tracks I tread are cold, so cold

Early or in fading day
still the raven knows if I fall

When you stand by the gate of Hel
and when you must tear loose
follow you I shall
across the bridge of Gjöll with my song

You become free from the bonds that bind you
You are free from the bonds that bound you

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users
As this is starting to sink through my unpleasant emotions defenses, I am feeling sad but also proud. This dude created and looked after a world, that so many lived in and got hooked on and made friends in. As the subheading for this forum says "the reason we are all here."

The day needs to become a yearly in-world holiday or memorial.

But meanwhile, Aradune has been gm teleported to that great null zone in the sky.

• 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Simple cremation only is less than 1k. At least in Florida. Thats with the death certificate and the rest of the misc.

Just paid over 2k in Pensacola for only the cremation and Pensacola is a podunk backwoods cheap town.

Blazin Blazin I’m thinking immediate assistance not some pipe dream video game that most likely won’t come out. I just spent close to 20k paying off my family members debts and funeral and real money >>> promise of a maybe.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Unless he had some kind of crazy contract I wouldn’t imagine his family stands to gain anything from the game. Even if it was out and making money, why would profits transfer to his family upon his death?

I am not saying it isn’t possible, I’ve just never heard of anything like that with such a small company that doesn’t even have a product yet.

Brad was on the board of directors at VR and I presume he has a share in the company as is normal when you start something up. Any shares or investments Brad has in VR would pass over to whoever inherits them from him, probably his wife.

If they make a profit off the game, his family would see coin, no way Brad didn't have some kind of legal paperwork for a business he's put the last 6 years into.

• 2Like

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Just paid over 2k in Pensacola for only the cremation and Pensacola is a podunk backwoods cheap town.

Blazin Blazin I’m thinking immediate assistance not some pipe dream video game that most likely won’t come out. I just spent close to 20k paying off my family members debts and funeral and real money >>> promise of a maybe.

Someone of mine died 2 years ago. In the Orlando area and the cremation was $750.00

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Side note, you shouldn't be inheriting your family member's debts unless it's a spouse. Whatever they owe would be paid for from their estate and the rest should just get eating by the debtor's.

• 2Like